We need better gnome lore characters

General Discussion
And better Tauren characters, and better Pandaren characters, and better Troll characters, and better Draenei characters, and better Goblin characters....

What I'm saying is, I'd appreciate ANY writing for characters that aren't Humans, Orcs, Elves, and Forsaken.
07/19/2018 02:03 AMPosted by Pepitto
07/19/2018 01:32 AMPosted by Ullrgreywind
Im pretty sure lorewise, the gnomes did take their city back. They just never updated the game to represent that. Which is dumb
We almost took it back but at the last second Thermaplugg pretty much detonated a dirty bomb on the whole place so we still can only go so far in safely.
It was established from dev tweets back in MoP that it was cleaned out off camera after Operation: Gnomeregan failed and was retaken late in Cataclysm.
07/19/2018 02:41 AMPosted by Crembrole
And better Tauren characters, and better Pandaren characters, and better Troll characters, and better Draenei characters, and better Goblin characters....

What I'm saying is, I'd appreciate ANY writing for characters that aren't Humans, Orcs, Elves, and Forsaken.

On one hand I'll agree. But Pandaren had an entire xpac, Draenei had WoD (terrible as it was). Gnomes and I'll say Tauren have had the least representation when it comes to in game content and lore. Most Gnome lore has come from the starting zone and the Blizz Short Stories. We have what? 1 quest hub in Blades Edge Mountains?
07/19/2018 02:45 AMPosted by Teilvia
07/19/2018 02:03 AMPosted by Pepitto
... We almost took it back but at the last second Thermaplugg pretty much detonated a dirty bomb on the whole place so we still can only go so far in safely.
It was established from dev tweets back in MoP that it was cleaned out off camera after Operation: Gnomeregan failed and was retaken late in Cataclysm.

key word - off camera
Gnomes want something in game.

But really I don't even care that much about Gnomer, it would be nice to have that as a small city for gnomes. But what I personally want to see is a less silly Gnomish lore character. Mekkatorque is perfect the way he is and represents the main idea of what Blizz wants gnomes to be. But not all gnomes are the same and it would be nice to see someone rise up through the ranks of gnomish society that isn't just a good tinkerer and comic relief.
Sure, we could use a gnome character who is serious, builds slick functional technology that does not comically fail, and pilots a mech. Could also be the guy to introduce a tinker class made up of gnomes piloting mechs.
07/19/2018 03:24 AMPosted by Elenazensh
Sure, we could use a gnome character who is serious, builds slick functional technology that does not comically fail, and pilots a mech. Could also be the guy to introduce a tinker class made up of gnomes piloting mechs.

I don't think we need any more tinker gnomes. Mekkatorque does that just fine and his tech is spot on. What I think we need is a more roguelike (totally not biased) gnome. I think blizz focuses too much on the tinkering aspect of gnomes while if you look at gnomes from other franchises they are so much more varied than just tinkering.
I've found this bitter but sophisticated answer, be prepared...

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1678721-Gnomes-will-never-be-taken-seriously-(in-context-to-everything-else-in-wow)