BM - Kill Command

Hunter
No longer can use Kill Command when pet is in melee range, unless the Hunter itself is in LoS of the target. This defeats the whole aspect of BM / Kiting / LoS'ing.
07/19/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Travels
No longer can use Kill Command when pet is in melee range, unless the Hunter itself is in LoS of the target. This defeats the whole aspect of BM / Kiting / LoS'ing.

But class fantasy.....
fail
LOL blizz hates hunters too much QQing when hunters are good
Good, losing someone and having your pet sit on them the entire time is bs.
Yep they made this decision months ago on the beta. It kinda sucks because it was definitely some unique that only BM Hunters could really do, but I will say BM is much better in PvP than they were in legion.
Why are pets even melee then, if they're relying on the hunter's ranged LoS. Dumb af.
It's a good change.
This was part of the problem of legion BM that got us nerfed in the first place- killing people from behind pillars.
We have plennty of kiting utility now, we don't need to hide.
Blizzard made the change due to player complaints of BM hugging pillars while our pet tore them apart and if the turn their focus on our pets we could just resurrect them then rinse and repeat.
Look at the average BM arena rating for Legion. Hiding behind pillars wasn't OP.

What about all the healers that can just circle a pillar healing to full because they are out of LoS for interrupts?

That comes down to a level design issue if anything.
07/20/2018 08:46 AMPosted by Guernis
Look at the average BM arena rating for Legion. Hiding behind pillars wasn't OP.

That's because they neutered the agility and mastery for BM and deleted 2 of our honor talents, before they did that bm was quite honestly OP as hell

I did 2's with a mw monk and we literally hid behind a pillar while i sent a pair of dinosaurs at healers globaling them while they couldn't touch us
07/20/2018 08:19 AMPosted by Ogdenir
Blizzard made the change due to player complaints of BM hugging pillars while our pet tore them apart and if the turn their focus on our pets we could just resurrect them then rinse and repeat.

I would have preferred some sort of 10 sec debuff upon pet death that prevents pet rez. Would require more strategy with pet (call it back if it is getting hit too hard or take a chance at being chased around w/o your pet for 10s). Fit fantasy better two, a BM being seriously gimped by a pet that is down for 10s. We could also still KC from behind pillars, but the chance of the pet being killed makes it require thought.
BM is in a great place at the moment. I never really played the hiding behind a pillar strat, so I don't have much to miss. But I think it is much more balanced requiring los to do damage since we are able to do good damage while in los.

Which is dumb. Pets are nothing more than dots that can be killed, kited, snared etc. Now, they cant even apply damage.

Fing blizz...dumbest class designers in the video game industry.
[quote]

Jesus, hunters are finally good and the community !@#$%es because we cant kill players behind pillars? This was a needed change, one reason we got smacked with the nerf bat in the first place was because he hunter didnt actually have to come out and fight himself, its was stupid and I'm glad it's gone, this coming from a long time hunter player.
you cant los attacks like that anymore they changed that in pre patch.
this is stupid, can they also nerf dots as well? if your enemy has dots on you and there not in LOS they expire!
07/23/2018 12:17 PMPosted by Ghostlyx
this is stupid, can they also nerf dots as well? if your enemy has dots on you and there not in LOS they expire!

Except hunter can stay behind pillars almost indefinitely with speed increases unlike shadow priests and warlocks, also hunter pets do more damage then dots...
We have to worry about LOS now like everyone else. I fail to see the problem so I will troll instead. Have you tried getting good?