More useless timegating?

General Discussion
Really Blizz? You're going to keep doing this when most players are against it. Of course im talking about the Burning of Teldrassil and the Seige of Lordaeron scenarios. In the recent patch notes Blizzard stated they wont release the scenarios until the 24th and even then they're going to trickle it out.

I know its suppose to give us something to do over the 4 weeks till BfA but give us a break. These scenarios are already ready to go and are being released before BfA so it should just be released tomorrow. Blizz needs to smarten up.
Lmao, pre-xpac content is always short in duration.
It's all a ploy to make their active users look larger. People will login more often with it stretched out even if its for a shorter duration because 3 quests then done is Zzzzz.
Right. I want to know about this whole "wait until the expansion" time gating junk is all about. I should be 120 and raiding NAOH!

edit : )
Really Blizz? You're going to keep doing this when most players are against it. Of course im talking about the Burning of Teldrassil and the Seige of Lordaeron scenarios. In the recent patch notes Blizzard stated they wont release the scenarios until the 24th and even then they're going to trickle it out.

I know its suppose to give us something to do over the 4 weeks till BfA but give us a break. These scenarios are already ready to go and are being released before BfA so it should just be released tomorrow. Blizz needs to smarten up.

That is an opinion that you are having, not a fact.

One that Blizzard appears to disagree with. We can go talk to the arbiter on the ma... oh that's Blizzard. Well this is awkward.
Couldn’t possibly be because those events don’t happen at the same time in timeline.

Why add at least a taste of realism if you could just dump it right in so people can just blow through it in a matter of minutes.

Edit: meant to say vs what I said.
Couldn’t possibly be because those events don’t happen at the same time in game.

Why add at least a taste of realism if you could just dump it right in so people can just blow through it in a matter of minutes.

WoW....and Realism?

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha
some of you peoples fragile minds would have crumbled back when you got gated by having to farm resistance gear
It really is stupid, well do a few fairly boring quests then have to wait 1-2 weeks for a few more boring quests with some hopefully cool/interesting cutscene at the end.
They could decide to show everyone why they do time gates, and
let them burn through content right away. Then those players
will be complaining about lack of content. There is no video game
company that can create content as fast as players can burn through it.
07/16/2018 08:31 PMPosted by Mursh
They could decide to show everyone why they do time gates, and
let them burn through content right away. Then those players
will be complaining about lack of content.

While 3 quests is technically content. I don't consider it content. It lasts a entire 15 minutes tops. So exciting!
Life is a time gate.

Just come back the week before xpac and you can do it all in one chunk, if that’s what’s important to you.
07/16/2018 08:21 PMPosted by Dertae
Of course im talking about the Burning of Teldrassil and the Seige of Lordaeron scenarios.

I am okay with the story being released over a series of weeks.
Creates pacing.

This isn't like "Wait 20 hours while your followers complete these 5 missions before you can proceed." That nonsense time gating is not okay.
07/16/2018 08:37 PMPosted by Whitecrow
07/16/2018 08:21 PMPosted by Dertae
Of course im talking about the Burning of Teldrassil and the Seige of Lordaeron scenarios.

Creates pacing.

This isn't like "Wait 20 hours while your followers complete these 5 missions before you can proceed." That nonsense time gating is not okay.

no this is wait a week for 5 minutes of questing rinse and repeat 2 more times until the last week you wait for the expack
One week to stabilize servers after the massive systems patch

One week for event chapter one

One week for event chapter two

One week for the pre-release of the BfA opening scenario.

Seems perfectly sensible to me.
07/16/2018 08:47 PMPosted by Dufas
07/16/2018 08:37 PMPosted by Whitecrow

Creates pacing.

no this is wait a week for 5 minutes of questing rinse and repeat 2 more times until the last week you wait for the expack

So instead of 'five minutes' of content each week,you prefer '15 minutes' of content and then waiting 4 weeks?

Are you a talking bag of rocks? You sound kinda like a talking bag of rocks.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Creates pacing.

THIS

If there was a decent enough amount of content to keep players subscribed for longer than 6 weeks, Blizzard wouldn't need to use as many time gates (some crafted items and all dailies were always time gated; heroics and raids as well).

If there was enough content to keep players interested then servers would be vastly more populated than they have been throughout Legion. The consequence of these vacant servers? Instead of server mergers to retain and grow server populations, Blizzard uses CRZ instead, which destroys community and only creates the illusion of populated servers.

Until WoD these problems did not exist to the extent that they do now although there have always been reasons to dislike and criticize some features of the game.

But now, as more features and options are removed from the game, the problems that exist (because the devs "fixed" something that wasn't broken) or remain (because the devs haven't fixed actually bugged content) become more glaring and obvious.

No other game I play utilizes both a subscription model and heavily relies on delayed content and time gates, RNG and both area level scaling and xp nerfs/raised caps, while at the same time giving players fake content (mission tables) instead of real quests to do with followers, rendering the player's role to setting off a timer.

BfA will lay a GCD on your every move (what few remain after the coming pruning); this device also stretches your playtime.

Not to mention, your character receives no new abilities or talents and the ones they do get as they level painfully, pale in comparison to prior character builds. Again, talents have been reshuffled and exchanged for baseline abilities (and vice versa) which is the WoW equivalent of cutting off one end of a blanket and sewing it on the other to make it longer. Talk about creating an illusion of power lol... Apart from an extra 10 levels, you are literally playing the same toon you had at the end of WoD... no new abilities or talents to show (because your artifacts got them instead of YOU)

The result of the mission tables has been massive and uncontrolled gold inflation (your compensation for being cheated of actual content to play). Even back in the day, gold sellers never disrupted the economy to this extent.

This game has suffered since MoP. Perhaps it's time for Blizzard to consider launching legacy servers, not only for Classic/Vanilla, but also BC, WOLTK, Cata and MoP. It is unlikely that subsequent expansions are old enough to draw a nostalgic audience, to express it diplomatically.

Cheers!

PS: For those who require the emotional comfort of confirmation that my comments are merely an expression of my opinion (though it is self-evident) there you are.
They're always pushing the limit to find out how much further they can take it. And clearly, for many people there is no limit how much time gating for how little content they will tolerate.

"Please sir, may I have another?"
07/16/2018 09:10 PMPosted by Moghroith

More like a week to stabilize servers

One day, no wait 5 minutes for chapter one

5 minutes for chapter two

Cutscene.

Dripping 15 minutes of content over 4 weeks is laughable. They are just baiting subs because they cant provide a compelling reason for new subs and vacant subs to play the game.
07/16/2018 09:10 PMPosted by Moghroith

More like a week to stabilize servers

One day, no wait 5 minutes for chapter one

5 minutes for chapter two

Cutscene.

Dripping 15 minutes of content over 4 weeks is laughable. .

Lordereon is about 20 minutes, teldrassil is closer to a hour. World quests for transmog/gear for a week?