Lost Artifact Appearances

General Discussion
Before a hotfix that we made to the game on Tuesday, July 17 at 3:30 p.m. PDT, some players in the Americas, Australia, and New Zealand may have found that the Mage Tower Artifact appearance they thought they earned had gone missing. We have some suggestions for you, if you believe this to be the case.

Check your quest logs.
If you have either the scenario quest completed, or you’re on the final quest to return to Dalaran and talk to the Council of Six, you should be able to go turn it in and obtain the appearance.

Go to The Violet Citadel.
It’s possible that one of the Council of Six has the final mage tower quest available for you. Go to Dalaran, accept the quest, stand in the circle and have your weapon upgraded, and then complete the quest. This should award the appearance.

We apologize for the confusion. Thank you very much!
Hi,

what if you had unlocked it, have screenshots,
and now did all as suggested,

there are no quests, and they are marked as compelted.

yet still Dont have the appearance.

for instance,

on sunday this week (australian time), i unlocked the neon cat, mage tower appearance for this druid,

yet no matter how hard i look, and when i change into feral, i have the base artifact appearance, i cant for the life of me change into the new appearance,
I also unlocked the bast Ghostblade and 10-RBGs color, weeks ago, but they don't show up in Transmog UI and there's no quests in Violet Citidel
I unlocked all of the mage tower appearances I wanted. But I didn't do the Heroic Kil'jaeden/10 RBGs/Dungeons parts. Now the whole row is blacked out. I was under the impression that only the mage tower was going away and I would be able to get the rest later as long as I did the mage tower part. Is that not the plan?
07/18/2018 06:26 PMPosted by Huh
I unlocked all of the mage tower appearances I wanted. But I didn't do the Heroic Kil'jaeden/10 RBGs/Dungeons parts. Now the whole row is blacked out. I was under the impression that only the mage tower was going away and I would be able to get the rest later as long as I did the mage tower part. Is that not the plan?

You should still be able to unlock them once you complete those requirements. Have you tried unlocking one of them?
07/18/2018 06:30 PMPosted by Dawnsky
07/18/2018 06:26 PMPosted by Huh

You should still be able to unlock them once you complete those requirements. Have you tried unlocking one of them?

what he means is he cant even select the base mage tower appearance to mog,
a lot of people cant.
I found mine, they weren't listed under Dagger, there was another option in the dropdown for "Legion Artifacts". I don't remember it being that way in beta, but /shrug
07/18/2018 06:47 PMPosted by Lydisia
I don't remember it being that way in beta, but /shrug

It changed partway through beta, somewhat towards the end of beta, I believe.
07/18/2018 06:47 PMPosted by Lydisia
I found mine, they weren't listed under Dagger, there was another option in the dropdown for "Legion Artifacts". I don't remember it being that way in beta, but /shrug

ill have another look when i get home, my Neon Cat might be there,

gonna be quite upset if i cant regain it :(
I'm just going to throw this out there, since I just went through this with my husband about his Feral MT appearance:

If you are trying to see the appearance at the Transmogrifier vendor, and you have the Fangs of Ashamane Artifact Weapon equipped, you won't see any of the appearances that you've unlocked there, not even the base appearance. Even though there is a dropdown menu in the top right corner that says "Daggers," it's greyed out and you can't select any other weapon type.

However, in the Appearances window (NOT at the Transmogrifier vendor), if you select the Main Hand icon, you can then select "Legion Artifacts" in the dropdown menu to the right. The appearances and color variations you have unlocked will be shown there.

Also, just for testing, I equipped a random staff to my druid, and was then able to see all of the Legion Artifact appearances I have unlocked for my druid at the Transmogrifier vendor, apply the Feral MT appearance to that staff, and with the staff equipped, my cat form is blue and sparkly.

TL;DR:
If you have the Artifact equipped, you won't see the appearances for it at the Transmogrifier vendor, since you can't transmog the weapon to look like itself (BUT you can still see the appearances that you've unlocked in the Appearances collection window). If you have a different weapon equipped, you can transmog that weapon to look like any of the artifact appearances that you have unlocked, and for druids, obtain the special forms that go with the appearances.
I've been wondering about this for the past 2 days now, my Holy pally doesn't have their mage tower appearance whatsoever...
07/18/2018 06:43 PMPosted by Turtler
a lot of people cant.

That's not what they said, read their post.
So we actually have to take action to recover them, and if we don't realize they are missing, we are out of luck forever?

That seems way less than optimal.
If i unlocked the appearance on one character, should it be available to other characters of the same class on my account?
07/18/2018 08:39 PMPosted by Dawnsky
07/18/2018 06:43 PMPosted by Turtler
a lot of people cant.

That's not what they said, read their post.

he said the whole row was greyed out?
even though he had unlocked the base appearance,

he was statring that he couldnt even use the base appearance?

at least thats what i gathered from what they said,

if they didnt mean that, then i am wrong, and apologize.
I can prove on SEVERAL characters that I unlocked the mage tower challenge appearances and currently have them equipped but the row is blocked out in the Artifact Appearances tab, I also have the achievement. Please help if this is a bug I EARNED MY !@#$ BUSTED MY BALLS TO GET THIS BEFORE BFA PREPATCH having only started to play again after a 4 year break 5 months ago to get all 12 characters to 110 and getting all the appearances I wanted before the prepatch, I REALLY hope this was not all wasted.......... :(
They show up properly if you have anything other than a Legion Artifact equipped.
I actually didn't see ANY of my artifact skins in the xmog vendor last night. As in I click on shield and there is not a single artifact xmog in there. Are you saying they're supposed to be accessible with the pre patch?
07/19/2018 03:13 AMPosted by Valky
They show up properly if you have anything other than a Legion Artifact equipped.

Oh wait, I'll have to try this tonight, ty