My 8.0 Leveling Experience So Far

General Discussion
Average amount of time per level questing in hellfire so far has been 2 hours... you heard me correctly: 2 hours.

I have wandered over to zangarmarsh because I am trying to get loremaster done while leveling up my army of alts and at level 60.5 I have a /played at this level of an hour, and I have not been AFK at all.

This means that to go from 58 - 70 in just the BC leveling areas will take 24 hours of non-stop playing to do.

I remember pre 7.3.5 it took me on average 20-30 per level around this leveling range which seemed just about right considering how much more crap we need to do afterwards... please tell me this isn't going to be the way they plan on letting it be forever.

Any hope of fixing this? I have 46 hours left on this account and I don't feel like re-subbing if this is going to be the way the ship is going to journey from now on.
I hope so, there is a Q&A today at 11 a.m. PDT

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765747093

I suggest submitting a question to them via twitter about it, the more people who talk about it the more likely they are to listen

It's either they scaled things incorrectly and are going to fix it or its working as intended so they can increase sales in character boosts.
Get a friend with a 2 person flying mount that is high level. Mob and Dungeon XP is worthless so they will need to cart you from questing hub to questing hub helpng you clear quests by taking care of any mob killing ones for you while you handle anything that is not as simple as 1 shotting mobs.

This way you can with some decent zone structure go up 4-5 levels per half hour. As thankfully quest XP is not effected by you having a high level buddy helping you.
Strangely enough leveling in Broken shores is incredibly easy, I banged out two levels in less than an hour on my lvl 100 (now 102) Tauren Paladin in Val'sharah. Compared to pre- 8.0 leveling it's suddenly a whole lot easier.

BUT... The scenario that brings you to Exodar for the light core thingy killed me a bunch of times, Rackash killed me within seconds after he targeted me, I finally settled on doing less and hiding behind Velen doing my few ranged attacks when they were up.

So it's a mixed bag at this point
Yeah, Rakeesh nearly 1-shotted my Holy Priest. She did survive the initial attack and then hid in the corner.
Tired of blizzard putting unfinished products out there. I was hoping to level my alts up before bra, but this is not worth my time and certainly is not enjoyable. I get no rewards in terms of character progression or gold. It takes longer to kill a mob on my 72 alt than when I was leveling up 100 to 110 at the beginning of legion. gonna Unsub for now until they make the gameplay more meaningful and not wasting my time.
It took me almost 4.5 days played to level a shaman from 1 - 110 with the 7.3.5 changes. It took me about 2 days on my shadow priest prior to the changes, and that was probably with a lot of AFK time. The first 60 levels weren't horrible with the new system, but from 60 - 80 I felt like my experience bar was treading up a mountain made of molasses in the middle of winter and it had already felt that way BEFORE 7.3.5. It's unbearable now and probably more so with the changes caused by the squish. I'm an altoholic. I love leveling (when it's not a chore). I love having multiple characters, but having alts no longer feels like an option unless I want my brain to melt and spill out my ears.

The only good things to come out of the new system is being able to completely finish a zone before having to move on to the next one and being able to skip Hellfire. Really, really hoping we see a decent compromise when it comes to leveling, cause in its current state I don't see my poor allied race characters ever making it past 60 (and they were a big reason I was excited about BfA). Don't think my sanity could handle it and my wallet doesn't support $60 character boosts when it's already coughing up $15 for a subscription that I should be enjoying.

This has become less Battle for Azeroth and more Battle for Alts!
Blizzard are turning into EA. EA has long been known for wanting money and they aren't afraid to show it making there games pay to win systems. World of Warcraft was first made so that you could group up with some friends and level up, and do the occassional dungeon. Now, dungeons are meaningless, they take too much time for the little xp they give. Questing is almost as bad. The only reason I have been able to get to 60 in three days of 8.0 is because on a monk with heirlooms and the war xp bonus I level at 105%. It should not take 105% boost and half of my life to just reach level 60. Thats where the "fun" stopped. After level 60 the levelling is worse than going to school. There is absolutely no enjoyment in how slow it is. Blizzard is just trying to make money of their player boosts which is breaking the spirit of the game.
Wanted to chime in on this. Prior to 8 0 I was able to help my friends out with leveling through dungeons.

This is Blizzard's game, they can do it with what they please, make no mistakes the changes to the dungeon system is a nightmare, I can't even help my friends level quickly in a dungeon anymore, the 58-80 leveling experience is horrible, which is why we use the dungeon system to level quickly.

The days of power leveling in the game is finished unless Blizzard reverts these changes. But knowing their track record that isn't going to happen anytime soon. Going through dungeons is a mess, mobs take more time to level, went through Deadmines which use to take 20 minutes now takes double the time because of the scaling.

I really hope Blizzard you do something about this, and bring back the old dungeon system prior to 8.0, or else you will be losing a lot of players.
I just tried to level my nighborne mage and only got to 61 before I gave up and used my free boost. It took way to long to get just to 61 and when I boosted I found out that they no longer offer the veteran part of the boost so my professions were still at 0. When I boosted I was no longer given an artifact weapon, instead I had to quest for it. The weapon they gave me was ilvl 210, when I logged in today the weapon was only 185 so they even took that away. All this makes leveling and boosting a nightmare, so either way it's not fun.
07/24/2018 12:50 PMPosted by Desnoir
I just tried to level my nighborne mage and only got to 61 before I gave up and used my free boost. It took way to long to get just to 61 and when I boosted I found out that they no longer offer the veteran part of the boost so my professions were still at 0. When I boosted I was no longer given an artifact weapon, instead I had to quest for it. The weapon they gave me was ilvl 210, when I logged in today the weapon was only 185 so they even took that away. All this makes leveling and boosting a nightmare, so either way it's not fun.

Were you able to get a refund on that boost?