Gelkis/Magram Clan Exalted Repuation

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Apparently people are getting exalted with both Gelkis and Magram clans by doing the old world question chain that most of us completed many many years ago. Is there a plan to credit us old timers with these two exalted reputations at some point since we can't do the questlines again?

Obviously everyone is in a rush to hit 100 exalted reputations and this puts new people at an advantage.

This is in reference to this link:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=285727/gelkis-magram-clan-centaur-reputation-changes-exalted-now-achievable

Edit: Talking to Karnam Marshweaver in Karnam's Glade in Desolace grants exalted reps for those of us who previously completed the questline. Thank you very much Blizzard! What a fast and awesome fix!
Signed
From what I understand, they are working on it...give them some time.
I think that keeping the centaur reps in as a way to help people is great -- as long as people who completed those quests a long time ago are either allowed to re-do them for the rep (reset those quests' flagging to incomplete, I guess?), or awarded the exalted reputation for having completed it. Otherwise, it is unfair to long time players who have completed the quests already.
07/19/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Naryu
This is in reference to this link:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=285727/gelkis-magram-clan-centaur-reputation-changes-exalted-now-achievable

Did you miss the part where the link says,

This is very likely NOT intended, as the quest did behave similarly a long time ago, during the Cataclysm beta (thanks to user Qfred for the comment back then!):

Sounds like a bug to me. One that'll get fixed and shouldn't be knowingly abused.
07/19/2018 06:07 PMPosted by Stonebeard
From what I understand, they are working on it...give them some time.

Where did you see/hear this? Be nice to know.
Blizz EU has this support article up:

"Death of Agogridon" is setting players to exalted with the Magram and Gelkis factions
Common Problems

I completed the centaur quest chain before the patch, could you set my reputation with the clans to exalted.

We have received multiple reports of this issue and can confirm it is not working as designed. Our developers are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. Currently, we do not have a workaround or resolution.

Be sure to check our Bug Report forums for any new issues. If you discover a new issue, you can report it there or in-game through the bug report feature.

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/000169936
Thanks Kyzera
07/19/2018 07:42 PMPosted by Moonphyre
Thanks Kyzera

You're welcome.
Hey folks,

There have been a few of these threads so far so I wanted to pop in and just say that our QA and Dev teams are evaluating what hotfixes might be required. We'll have more information once that is ready.
07/20/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Vrakthris
Hey folks,

There have been a few of these threads so far so I wanted to pop in and just say that our QA and Dev teams are evaluating what hotfixes might be required. We'll have more information once that is ready.

Thanks for the heads-up. At least now many of us can sit back and wait to see what happens.
ok thanks - here's hoping it is fair to the people who have been playing the game fully all along.
Hey folks,

Please hotfix hostiles into the phase if people have done the quests.. c:
Hey folks,

Whatever fix you guys come up with needs to be fair.

That means anyone who can't do the quest for instant exalted needs an alternative quest they can do for it. Making grind-able mobs visable is NOT a fair option especially not at 3 rep per kill when you've basically got people turning in a single quest to exalt both.

If you won't put an alternative quest for those who finished those quests years ago, and if you're dead set on mob grinding for rep, then make the mobs give 1000 rep per kill. The people who were diligent in their questing over the years should not be the ones penalized.

Ideally you just mail people who finished the quest line a token that applies the rep they missed out on.
07/20/2018 02:52 PMPosted by Nazthori
Hey folks,

Please hotfix hostiles into the phase if people have done the quests.. c:

No. Just give people that have done the quests the exalted rep that everyone else is getting. Barring that, strip the exalted rep from everyone whose gotten it post patch and make everyone grind. Anything less than that is unacceptable.
Hey folks,

Thank you for posting about this.

I realize that there are only so many options and time. Our main concern is just that it is a reasonable solution. :) Ie, the solution is on par with what is currently happening in game as far as time invested goes.

[And I say this as someone who doesn't mind time invested for things like the reputations... just want it to be fair and oneish standard for all. :) Thanks.]
i checked my main and he apparently finished all the quests for both of those factions however neither of the two factions are even listed in his faction/reputation listing

on another char, I went and did all the quests and dinged exalted with both and both show in the rep listing, oddly enough.

so my main is screwed at this point in time
07/20/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Feighan
i checked my main and he apparently finished all the quests for both of those factions however neither of the two factions are even listed in his faction/reputation listing

on another char, I went and did all the quests and dinged exalted with both and both show in the rep listing, oddly enough.

so my main is screwed at this point in time

According to the armory stats about 24% of players have loremaster for those areas , and I would have to assume a lot of that number did the loremaster on their mains which also have their reps.
Hey folks,

Wouldn’t it be possible to add a quest at the end of the quest line that wasn’t there before to give a massive amount of rep? Just talk to the end guy that has some quest text and complete a quest that gives one copper and maxes rep.

Hi name, I see you have come back to see how we are doing and everything is going great. Have a wonderful day.

Quest completed and you receive one copper and max rep.
07/20/2018 03:14 PMPosted by Atrocity
Hey folks,

Wouldn’t it be possible to add a quest at the end of the quest line that wasn’t there before to give a massive amount of rep? Just talk to the end guy that has some quest text and complete a quest that gives one copper and maxes rep.

They could the same type of thing they did in beta when rep wasn't being granted in some zones for quests, i.e, you just talked to the faction quartermaster.