warlocks needs some buffs!

Battlegrounds
I am over it lol Survival is trash, mobility is trash, and damage in 2/3 of the specs is trash in pvp scenario (dispels!) if this is what its like at 120 we need some serious love.
07/21/2018 05:26 PMPosted by Vonnetta
I am over it lol Survival is trash, mobility is trash, and damage in 2/3 of the specs is trash in pvp scenario (dispels!) if this is what its like at 120 we need some serious love.

BFA is shaping up to be worldofmeleecraft 8.0
Blizzard's design philosophy of "let's intentionally make a class overpowered then gut it" is in play, expect no aid.
fear spam is better than ever
07/21/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Lafs

says the new god a rogue
07/21/2018 07:57 PMPosted by Abigall
07/21/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Lafs

says the new god a rogue

Lafs has all kinds of characters including a mage. Abigall why are you being the saltiest person across the entire forums? Lol you're a priest if you can't manage that in PVP then it's hopeless.
I also play a warlock and aside from afflic being a really awkward change, destro and demo seem really fun. I'm really enjoying destro and have 1v1'd several rogues who even got the opener.
Remember its prepatch there are almost more rogues running around than when dragon soul was current content. doesnt mean they are any good though.
It's the exact same at the start of every expansion for the past 12 years. Melee ALWAYS dominate at the start of an expansion because lack of stats. I'd argue right now it's more so lack of class tuning though. It's very obvious ret paladins, frost dk's and rogues are super over tuned in PVP compared to pretty much every caster and I don't know if they are accidentally too strong or if other specs are too weak.

Biggest issue i'm seeing right now is that Blizzard because they don't actually seem to think about the difference in power between a caster and melee seem to have front loaded absurd damage, absurd mobility, absurd defensive and in some cases like ret paladin absurd self healing to almost all the melee specs and when it comes to casters they pruned almost all survivability. I mean look at shadow priest it has one minor defensive in the form of a severely nerfed dispersion 60% damage reduction for 6 seconds that requires a talent slot to be good again. It has zero mobility and bad damage compared to any melee, if a frost dk is on a priest there are very few things it can do to actually get away and it can't pressure a dk off through damage at all. Boomkins and mages are fine imo maybe some of the mage specs might be weak on damage i'm not sure but Shadow and Warlocks are not good with how insane melee are in their current form.
It's the exact same at the start of every expansion for the past 12 years. Melee ALWAYS dominate at the start of an expansion because lack of stats. I'd argue right now it's more so lack of class tuning it's very obvious ret paladins, frost dk's and rogues are super overtuned in PVP compared to pretty much every caster.

Wrong Cata prepatch mages were 1shotting
Probably the worst it ever was.
07/21/2018 08:30 PMPosted by Lafs
I also play a warlock and aside from afflic being a really awkward change, destro and demo seem really fun. I'm really enjoying destro and have 1v1'd several rogues who even got the opener.
Remember its prepatch there are almost more rogues running around than when dragon soul was current content. doesnt mean they are any good though.
You must be fighting some of the most retarded rogues in existence if you are 1v1ing them as destro.
07/21/2018 08:40 PMPosted by Vonnetta
You must be fighting some of the most retarded rogues in existence if you are 1v1ing them as destro.

Lafs is good at her classes tho? I random BG with Lafs and the circle of mutual friends from time to time and she kicked my mage's behind when we went mage. Lafs out damaged me by a good chunker.
Who said fotm means they are top tier?
Also pretty sure I could without the use of any potions 1v1 your lock via lock without much issues either.
hmu I have no probs showing cocky crybabies how they suck at adapting to specs that dont revolve around gimmick wins.

also as rogue i sort of know how to counter them so that might be an unfair advantage who knows :P
07/21/2018 08:45 PMPosted by Lafs
Also pretty sure I could without the use of any potions 1v1 your lock without much issues either.
hmu I have no probs showing cocky crybabies how they suck at adapting to specs that dont revolve around gimmick wins.

also as rogue i sort of know how to counter them so that might be an unfair advantage who knows :P
As broken rogue class? Prolly, as a destro lock? I would wipe the floor with you.
Rogue can 1v1 most people with how OP they are right now, so that's not really a worthwhile comparison.

Back on topic, Warlocks have basically disappeared out of the AV leaderboards. I'm not complaining I really hated the last 3 months of legion having every second opponent being a walled, CC spamming, spell reflecting cloth caster tank that I had to grind through.

They've clearly gone way too far in the other direction though.
07/21/2018 08:49 PMPosted by Vonnetta
As broken rogue class? Prolly, as a destro lock? I would wipe the floor with you.

These two put together made me LAF very hard. Go Lafs!
07/21/2018 08:45 PMPosted by Lafs
Also pretty sure I could without the use of any potions 1v1 your lock without much issues either.

I mean you can't even read. I said on my destro lock who is probably much more under-geared as well. Solz#11431
Just don't dodge okay? <3
07/21/2018 08:51 PMPosted by Sethsquatch

These two put together made me LAF very hard. Go Lafs!
ya... I was saying if she was a destro and I was a affliction I would beat her. But if she played a rogue I would get destroyed. Sorry that wasnt clear
07/21/2018 05:57 PMPosted by Kik
07/21/2018 05:26 PMPosted by Vonnetta

BFA is shaping up to be worldofmeleecraft 8.0

So almost NO change from Legion?

I didn't PvP much in Legion because melee were super crazy. I freely admit, that I missed PvP this time around.
07/21/2018 09:06 PMPosted by Vonnetta
ya... I was saying if she was a destro and I was a affliction I would beat her. But if she played a rogue I would get destroyed. Sorry that wasnt clear

Oh no it was clear.

These future predictions.... Never have been a fan xD The best way to go about it is "I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL" not "I would beat you but we're not gonna duel because I'm gonna go make nachos"
https://imgur.com/A7ZsDoN

just did that on my ilvl 235 aff lock in temple. close match too. you can tell it's also current because of the honor level icon on the far left. it may be gear sure, but that's kind of how it is now and not so much the class. numbers could differ in a different bg. maybe i would be focused down hardcore in a different match. maybe i would have had a crappier team and the enemy less crappy. that is the life of random bgs lol.

i don't feel like locks are completely broken. i just think some of you need to learn the new changes. 8.0 aff is not the same as before.

that's not to say that all classes/specs need to be tuned better because they do. but completely helpless...i disagree.