World of Meleecraft?

Arenas
I get its prepatch but this is starting to look silly, all bgs/arena ive been in melee are dominating. Any other casters feeling the pain?
Ele, fire and frost mage seem okay. Literally had a fire mage melt my warrior in 3 seconds @ 2k mmr. Hunter, especially BM is nuts right now too.
07/19/2018 07:47 PMPosted by Lythraen
Ele, fire and frost mage seem okay. Literally had a fire mage melt my warrior in 3 seconds @ 2k mmr. Hunter, especially BM is nuts right now too.

yeah and that's the extent of it
ele is a fiery trashcan don't lie to yourself
07/19/2018 07:16 PMPosted by Biifur
I get its prepatch but this is starting to look silly, all bgs/arena ive been in melee are dominating. Any other casters feeling the pain?

are you returning from mop? wod and legion were meleecraft and now its all melee again. next expac after bfa will be too.
Early expansion is generally melee dominated until scaling and buffs bring back the caster meta. This was the story for MoP, WoD and Legion.

That being said, both Fire and Frost mages feel really good, Locks are in a decent place, I hear Boomkins are extremely durable and my Spriest is nearly 100-0'ing people in a Void Erruption --> Shadow Crash --> Void Bolt combo all while having Psychic Horror back (45sec) and retaining my 5sec blanket silence (45sec).

I predict early BFA will be heavily melee dominated with the exception of top tier RMX and Godcomps though, yeah.
I'm already planning on switching from Fire Mage to something like Fury War, Surv Hunt, etc... They gutted Fire mage, which was already underpowered. Might even Fotm BM hunter so I can AFK my way to R1 glad.
07/19/2018 08:21 PMPosted by Theblindone
Early expansion is generally melee dominated until scaling and buffs bring back the caster meta. This was the story for MoP, WoD and Legion.

Legion and WoD NEVER stopped being melee dominated expansions. What you see in the tourney means nothing. People play damp as hell comps there because there's a lot of money on the line and they can target counter opponents. The ladder itself from 1800 up to 2450 is NOTHING but melee cleaves with the occasional (1/100 matches) caster popping up.
I was getting loads of Destro/Hpal/X, so Idk man.