Remove inviting non-RP servers to RP warmode.

War Mode and World PvP
Prev 1 2 3 4 10 Next
07/21/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Zenrao
Poor knowledge then. Saying that anything requiring work isn't worth suggesting isn't something someone very knowledgeable on the subject would say.

A lack of knowledge then in relation to technical change requests. The requisite troubleshooting has, essentially, not been fulfilled to dictate a change. The idea is to test the system further and see if this is only a temporary issue or something larger that needs change. It has been 4 days since its implementation in, again, an very specific and odd time in our game cycle. IE: Pre-patch. I'll still advocate for further play time in its current iteration through pre-patch and launch before advocating for these changes, if us on ED even experience them to this extent in the first place.

And we're to take your word for that? No, sorry. You've trolled far too much for anyone to believe you're a changed tauren because you say so. Not how things work.

Thats fine. Don't believe me and start to shut down discussion. Your definitions of trolling and griefing are so broad and intolerant hardly anything that doesn't fit a very narrow and abstract idea is deemed wrong.
The only other thing I'll say is, while you were telling everyone to not discuss it at all, I'm simply opting not to waste on time someone clearly just trying to get people riled up.

07/21/2018 11:01 AMPosted by Abrahof
Don't believe me and start to shut down discussion.
You've literally said this thread is pointless and to stop talking about it. I'm almost positive that you are, at this very moment, trolling. You just can't help yourself, can you?

At any rate, hope to see this change made, good luck to the OP and all the PvPers who would be affected!
Different opinion from someone from Moon guard, I actually enjoy playing against off server players because there's very little horde on Moon guard itself, and of that small population, very few activate warmode.

However, when it comes to mass PvP, (Such as 10v10s and higher in the open world) I can agree that if the group isn't mostly comprised of people from the RP server, it shouldn't be allowed in warmode.

Edit: Also fix people phasing out
07/21/2018 11:01 AMPosted by Abrahof
A lack of knowledge then in relation to technical change requests. The requisite troubleshooting has, essentially, not been fulfilled to dictate a change. The idea is to test the system further and see if this is only a temporary issue or something larger that needs change. It has been 4 days since its implementation in, again, an very specific and odd time in our game cycle. IE: Pre-patch. I'll still advocate for further play time in its current iteration through pre-patch and launch before advocating for these changes, if us on ED even experience them to this extent in the first place.

Actually, earlier is probably better to get feedback earlier-on than later before it's tied to too many other things and effectively baked-in.

Right now, I'm seeing some nodes added to the existing decision-tree that determines instance phasing for groups based on leaders and compositions. At the front of that decision tree there should be a "Is this an RP Realm type - Y/N? If Y, are 100% of the characters in this group from RP realms - Y/N? If Y, continue to leader's realm, if N, go to Non-RP group member's realm w/ lowest pop or non-RP leader's realm. If that group member drops, go to next lowest non-RP member's realm (or non RP-leader), etc." until all members are from an RP realm.

And based on yours, why are you even in the Warmode and PvP forums if you don't PvP? Your server, 40-50% of them in Warmode, are bringing other people to your server. Why not address them directly? Why not use the community policing, that we are encouraged to do, to help resolve these issues?

Because that is not policing, it's giving them what they want. The only thing gathering a group of WrA'ers to fight a bunch of offrealmers is going to accomplish is giving them the fight they want and coming back for another.

I do not willingly fight offrealmers for that reason. I avoid every group I see that has even one and my experience with them has generally consisted of rogues opening with killing spree and seemingly not understanding what BoP and eye for an eye do because they keep attacking me while I hit them back until they die.
Everyone knows that people come to WrA and MG for one sole purpose: griefing the playerbase. Ever since MG became infamous, there has been an influx of off-server players coming to add to the very clear issue that has been a thing for many years. WrA, while it doesn't have the aforementioned problem, does come into players griefing them. Granted, there's always the exception to the rule and I'd hate to generalize everyone who uses the CRZ to come to said servers.

I do both: I RP and PVP. And while I do enjoy a good fight no matter where the person comes from, I think it defeats the purpose of an RP realm. We're still in the early phases of Warmode, I get that but would it be hard to shard the RP servers together (including the RP-PVP servers)? That doesn't fix offserver people coming over, but it'd be a start.
07/21/2018 01:16 PMPosted by Iahri
shard the RP servers together (including the RP-PVP servers)?

There'd have to be a balance between "Wanting to fight my own server" and "wanting to see people in the world," since the chances of everyone turning on War Mode at the same time are rather high.

I could see a Venn diagram/IF-THEN solution where, if there's not a big enough WM population for Twisting Nether/Ravenholdt, the game reaches out to Emerald Dream or Venture Company/Lightninghoof/Maelstrom to fill it up, based on their former RP-PvP server designations. Then go for other RP servers if needed. Same for the other RP servers that are realm-linked.

Moon Guard and WrA, in theory*, shouldn't need this type of solution. But it could happen. In that situation, their WM populations could be joined.

*I want to live in Theory. Everything works there!
For all we know a fix might take less than ten lines of code, or even just two or three. Perhaps it's best to get the idea out and let Blizzard's coders decide if it's feasible.
RP-PvP should be about the server community and the rivalries that are formed from it.

I have 0 intention of engaging with off-server groups, nor do I think they should be allowed to roll in with mass numbers to farm "easy achievements" and annoy roleplayers.

If I felt like fighting complete randoms I'd never see again, I'd be doing instanced battlegrounds.

07/20/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Ephie
07/20/2018 06:47 PMPosted by Corpseworth
Emerald Dream

But Shirt likes to visit me in Stormwind :( One time we had a picnic in the graveyard. It was great.

pst

bb

im back
Have to agree with OP. I wonder if we'll get a blue post!
Fighting RP friends is fun.
Good noodles all around.
I agree with Kayleina on the need to severely cut down on off-server players disrupting our realm, but I think a compromise can also be reached.

Firstly, Blizzard should isolate all RP realms and make it so that only players from RP realms can CRZ to other RP realms.

Next, CRZ groups need to meet a requirement of having 75% of its members be from the hosting realm, in order for off-server players to be phased over.
I hope blizzard doesn't cave to the vocial minority of RPers like usual.
07/22/2018 12:55 AMPosted by Pepperstep

What? Name one instance when the RP community wasnt shet on in favor of any other community in wow history. Go ahead, I'll wait.
07/21/2018 07:22 PMPosted by Quee
pst

bb

im back
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! I was thinking about skipping BFA because I loathe RNG stats on PvP gear, but now I'm thinking I'll just go blue-side for an expansion. What's Seventy Third like, Sharp's in that guild too? Can we chat some day when it's convenient for you?

p.s. sorry for that time we played Overwatch and I ducked out mid-game. I don't remember what happened but I think my internet disconnected, or there was an aggressive windows update. I meant to apologize the next day but I forgot to, and only now just remembered :(

===

I get killed by off-server people in Stormwind a whole lot. That fleeting darn-you-asterisk-people-for-killing-me-while-I'm-talking-to-my-friends impulse isn't something that's foreign to me. At the same time--Stormwind does not in any way belong to me--full stop. It's a shared space. It is a joy to share Stormwind with others, whether they're here for a night or for a decade. I'm deeply uncomfortable with the idea that Stormwind will be great again if only those people are kicked out; even when those people are currently beating me to death while I am alone and deep inside Alliance territory.

I want tools to prevent people from harassing others no matter their server-of-origin. Pet-battlers like Zunde, RPers like Aneokame, and transmog enthusiasts like Coatl have always been so gracious in sharing Stormwind with me--even when I bring huge raids to every district and distillery in town. I don't want them to have to worry about people killing their dual pets, perpetually wrecking their RP, or spamming toys at their fashion shows.

I think that Blizzard can achieve this without prohibiting people from guesting their Tichondrius, Kirin'tor, or Emerald Dream friends to WRA's shores. I've been treated to so much hospitality in Stormwind: who am I to say someone else's friend from Tich or ED doesn't deserve the same. Even when said off-server friend kills me and then sucks my soul from my body, turning me into a teeny-tiny mommy zombie. It's not the end of the world even if it does occasionally change my plans for the evening.

Because from time to time, those asterisk people lose their asterisk. They take their toes out of our waters so that they can plunge in wholeheartedly. When I see them do that I feel a sense of pride in being but a mere speck of whatever kindnesses that welcomed them here--even when they keep killing me and desecrating my barely-intact corpse. Guests give us a chance to practice hospitality and greet strangers with a hope that they will one day become friends. For me, that's what World PvP is all about. There's no point in having anything if it can't be shared.

07/20/2018 10:08 PMPosted by Abrahof
Besides, WrA could use a bit more PvP anyway. Toughen ya noodles up.
I do prefer my noodles al dente, but it's not for everyone.
07/22/2018 01:03 AMPosted by Roargathor
07/22/2018 12:55 AMPosted by Pepperstep

What? Name one instance when the RP community wasnt shet on in favor of any other community in wow history. Go ahead, I'll wait.

So "shet" on that RPers have their own servers, own rules that get enforced (naming policy for example), their own special shards, and more.

Lol yeah they never cater to RPers.
I'm surprised joining a group with a non RP player doesn't send you to their server as opposed to letting them come to your RP shard.
07/22/2018 04:51 AMPosted by Pepperstep
So "shet" on that RPers have their own servers, own rules that get enforced (naming policy for example), their own special shards, and more.

Why do you play on an RP realm if you hate them so much?
07/22/2018 06:48 AMPosted by Zenrao
07/22/2018 04:51 AMPosted by Pepperstep

Why do you play on an RP realm if you hate them so much?

I said a vocal minority of RPers, not all RPers.
07/22/2018 06:51 AMPosted by Pepperstep
I said a vocal minority of RPers, not all RPers.
The only instance of Blizzard "caving" to RPers that you gave was not an instance of the minority of them. When has Blizzard given RPers something in-game that only a minority wanted?