Mythic Antorus farm feels like progression

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
11/11M Cutting Edge guild, we hadn't completed the Aggramar skip quest yet, only need one more kill (extended for a long time on Argus).

It's no secret that Mythic Antorus right now is severely overtuned. Abilities usually hit for around the same health percentage as they did before, but the squish didn't tank into account that healer throughput is lower, and people can't be healed up as quickly as they used to be able to.

As such, some bosses are significantly harder than before. Imonar has less kills this week than Argus of all bosses. Coven is even worse, the constant ticking damage just drains healers mana, and the healing absorbs are monstrous.

And Felhounds? A lot of guilds need to 3 or 4-tank this boss at the moment!

Kin'garoth is fine, except the ticking damage during the add phase is unusually high. Garothi is fine, Varimathras oddly enough is easier than before (At least for us).

We were oneshotting virtually everything the week before prepatch, and right now we're spending whole nights on single bosses that are obviously overtuned. And I can't believe it's gone this long without it being properly addressed, feels like the whole week's raiding has been a write-off.

When is the Antorus issue going to be addressed? It's still *the* end-game content to do until BFA goes live, and right now one of its difficulties is in a horrible state.
136 guilds have cleared mythic Antorus this week.

1700 last week.

I guess Blizzard just wants 90% of Antorus clearing guilds to get frustrated and not play their game, for some reason.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me but. Does anyone actually want to reprogress a harder Antorus while half the raid is blundering around in confusion with their new specs?
They already screwed a lot of raids over by having a really short raid tier, and now the final 4 mounts we can get are going to be a pain in the !@#.

It literally does feel like progression again.
In the same boat, we actually have the skip but haven't and won't kill it next week. We're also thinking we just won't go back in next week, no one wants it to feel like progression on a boss that we have been 2 shotting.
I went from being able to easily tank Mythic Aggramar on my Blood DK in pure Heroic gear and no tier back in January to now, where my Blood DK in full Mythic gear and 4pc struggles to survive a single Foe Breaker and his basic autoattacks.
it was semi fun learning your class and pushing progression for the first hour, then it just got frustrating.

but re-progressing two nights on aggy. holy crud.

we had to swap to 3 dk's and 5 healers, and pull in a broken holy priest just to keep up. The circles and dots on aggy alone were retarded.

we had plans to full clear and carry a bunch of people whom are main spec swaping, but with the mess that is Ant.....you can't even do this efficiently now. People are skipping dogs, people are skipping command....etc etc.
i dont get why they didn't kill the raid like every other pre-patch, if you guys are going to keep the same difficult keep the cutting edge achievement, this is !@#$ing retarded.
Perhaps I just suck, but I feel like many fights in Heroic Antorus are also still over-tuned. I thought, apparently incorrectly, that fixing the current raid would have been a high priority. Perhaps I gave Blizzard too much credit and thought they would bust their butts to fix stuff. Or perhaps they are busting their butts, but this time they just messed up SO badly that it is going to take longer to fix than their previous mistakes. Maybe I expect too much, but I thought for sure that they would have tested current raid in appropriate ilvl gear. Regardless, I am very disappointed in the current state of the game, I haven't felt this disappointed about a failure at Blizzard since the many mistakes made in in Diablo III.
Pretty baffling that they can go through months of testing on alpha and beta, and not once think to test the new BFA builds on Antorus. How does that get overlooked?
All they really need to do is hit Antorus with the same nerfs that all the other Legion raids got. Problem solved.

Why they haven't already done it is baffling to me. The progression race is over, let the 9/10 and 10/11 guilds have a chance at Argus and let the 11/11 guilds get their farm done and over with.
It's not just mythic. It's overtuned on all difficulties. Dogs, Pk, and Vari seem to be the worst. My guild is 2/11 mythic and Heroic felt like progression. Even normal was noticeably more difficult, but we didn't have a problem due to being so overgeared for it.
I dont know about 9/10 guilds, but my guild is 11/11 for 5 months now and we cant kill Argus this week... not to mention we took 3 hours to get Aggra down

Its just plain stupid at this point
Ya I'm super confused about why they haven't blanket nerfed ABT yet.
Personally only done Garothi/Aggramar/Argus on Mythic and a lot of changes to classes, with some undocumented changes to the bosses have increased the difficulty of the fights instead of making them easier, like they should be. For some reason Blizzard think people want to reprog or didn't really think at all about this patch.

AoE Grip range nerf is an indirect buff to Agg requiring precise timing, his dmg is still ridiculous, smashing some tanks, and the dmg from the dot left behind from the adds seems even harder to heal than before.

Argus, tree of life grace period has been reduced requiring more precise timing on entering the tree. Chains dmg needs to be lowered a little as well.

No one wants reprog, bosses should be nerfed over time, not buffed.
Leaving Mythic Antorus in it's current state for almost a week now coupled with the lack of response from Blues have been extremely off putting. I believe that the instance is actually harder as compared to the state before Blizzard gave us Empowered Artifacts.

Felhounds are downright impossible with 2 tanks at the moment (looking at logs, most guilds are using at least 4 tanks with some doing a minimum of 3). Imonar bridge phases hits way too hard plus tanks unable to soak as many traps since the squish wasn't done relative to the loss of Concordance and lack of magic DR.

Coven's 4th Mother itself does an unavoidable beam of damage from Cosmic Glare that hits for 28k on average without DR (for context, most mythic geared people should be around 35k health and above depending on how long you were on farm). A random Sense of Dread will most likely kill these targets. Conveniently, Aman'thul adds spawn while she's up too so yay for healing absorbs on top of the already hard hitting Cosmic Glare. This is obviously way harder than pre Empowered Artifacts.

Since our guild didn't manage to kill Argus in time, we only have 3/4 of Aggramar skip and we couldn't reclear them due to the obstacles in the way. From what I gather based on Warcraftlogs, there is 740 M Garothi kills and that's where the numbers drop off sharply. Felhounds has 64 kills, Imonar has 85 and Coven has 44. Aggramar and Argus has higher kill counts than those bosses with 364 kills and 217 kills respectively. It is possible that the guilds that kill Aggramar and Argus have been on M Antorus farm for a longer time thus skipping the bosses in between and judging by the current state of Antorus, it is likely that they decide to take a step back than to reprogress Antorus.

Progression is irrelevant during the pre patch and the people that are still doing Antorus are either farming the mount or learning their spec's new rotation. Even if Blizzard does not intend to nerf Antorus, please at least bring it back to the same difficulty as it was during the pre Empowered Artifacts state. It is disheartening to progress through something you've had on farm in the prepatch. Alternatively, just nerf it to the ground like the previous pre patches.
I don't understand what y'all are talking about at this point. My guild had a fine time clearing last week and this week.
07/26/2018 06:51 AMPosted by Protpallyz
I don't understand what y'all are talking about at this point. My guild had a fine time clearing last week and this week.
By "clearing it last week" you mean you killed Garothi, Felhounds, and Aggramar only. It's not like you went straight to Argus or anything... you went to Felhounds, you killed it by the skin of your teeth with only a rogue and warlock alive, seen how overtuned it was, then skipped all the non-essential bosses (I wonder why), and then didn't even bother with hounds or any other boss again the next week, going straight to Argus again. Pretending like it wasn't overtuned is extremely disingenuous, but to act like it was easy when you didn't even do it is uncool.
07/26/2018 09:28 AMPosted by Midguard
07/26/2018 06:51 AMPosted by Protpallyz
By "clearing it last week" you mean you killed Garothi, Felhounds, and Aggramar only. It's not like you went straight to Argus or anything... you went to Felhounds, you killed it by the skin of your teeth with only a rogue and warlock alive, seen how overtuned it was, then skipped all the non-essential bosses (I wonder why), and then didn't even bother with hounds or any other boss again the next week, going straight to Argus again. Pretending like it wasn't overtuned is extremely disingenuous, but to act like it was easy when you didn't even do it is uncool.

We killed argus last week. After the nerfs on friday or whenever it was it isnt over tunned any more.

And why would we do anything other than the 3 to get the mount at this point?
<span class="truncated">...</span> By "clearing it last week" you mean you killed Garothi, Felhounds, and Aggramar only. It's not like you went straight to Argus or anything... you went to Felhounds, you killed it by the skin of your teeth with only a rogue and warlock alive, seen how overtuned it was, then skipped all the non-essential bosses (I wonder why), and then didn't even bother with hounds or any other boss again the next week, going straight to Argus again. Pretending like it wasn't overtuned is extremely disingenuous, but to act like it was easy when you didn't even do it is uncool.

We killed argus last week. After the nerfs on friday or whenever it was it isnt over tunned any more.

I don't think anyone cares what a group does or doesn't want to clear, you do you.

Bragging up the accomplishment you 'easily cleared it twice,' when the group only did 3 bosses, and the last boss only on Monday was my point. My issue is about making claims about doing things he didn't actually do. Pretending 'cleared' meant 'only the last boss' is doublethink. it's disingenuous, and borderline dishonest.
07/26/2018 01:10 PMPosted by Roguenuke

Lots of people extended on Argus and killed him recently and don't have the skip.