Assassination is broken

Arenas
07/23/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Kathlyn
07/23/2018 05:32 AMPosted by Lythraen
I carried a assass rogue to his first 2k who thought you could dispel Hex, so yeah

zz druid/sham can dispel curses regardless of spec

07/23/2018 09:54 AMPosted by Johancarlena
I'm seriously confused as to how people are getting these global tier envenoms

elaborate planning
nightstalker
deeper stratagem
prey on the weak
toxic blade
death from above

some mixture of these
probably

I did some memeing in bgs and managed to get a 10.5k envenom no dfa but it was but it was a pretty meme build that I don't think would work at 120

Idk tho
people shouldn't tell you to go post on the forums, this place is for us to just complain to each other and argue, it's like a containment zone for the toxic and jaded.
GRATUITOUS AMOUNTS OF MENS WILLIES
07/22/2018 04:50 PMPosted by Vindi
Remember people did not want templates.

Because having templates with no gems, enchants or special gear effects was boring and had no personality

What does that have to do with certain specs having broken damage because they are overtuned?
07/23/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Xoja
Because having templates with no gems, enchants or special gear effects was boring and had no personality

You're still going to gear, gem, and enchant exactly like everyone else anyway, so it still lacks personality. There is always a "best" way to optimize a build. Why would you gem for X when you do more damage with Y gems?
Sub is extremely busted too
It seems like only bad players are still whining about sin rogue.

Rets,BM, and Disc priests are just as broken if not even more broken than sin.

BM pets can completely solo, Disc priests are immortal, and Templar's Verdict one shots.

I can't tell if these posts are actual humans or bots just remaking the same posts over and over again.

Although, the same people complaining are the same people that think templates are good for the game..

Wanna know what killed pvp (not including WoD pvp OMEGALUL)? Templates and RNG gear. Guess what? Blizzard removed templates and will probably remove RNG gear in the near future.

It doesn't make sense for them to remove templates and have no gear vendor.. This makes pvp way too pve gear reliant.

its so tilting seeing people make troll posts like these

holy !@#$ imagine complaining about sin when they made disc priests have a no CD power word shield

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
07/23/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Herc

You're still going to gear, gem, and enchant exactly like everyone else anyway, so it still lacks personality. There is always a "best" way to optimize a build. Why would you gem for X when you do more damage with Y gems?

My .02 on the issue is that I personally liked it better with templates, but the templates themselves kind of exposed the fact that even with 100% control over everything in the environment, there really isn't ever any point where everyone is going to agree on what "balance" really is. 2-5% changes were enough to completely change a meta in any given patch.

If the game is going to be unbalanced anyway, why give up the extra illusion of "depth"? By the same token, if "depth" is just an illusion, what are we really gaining by taking away the gems/enchants/secondaries just to leave everything up to blizzard? We already know that they can't balance the game perfectly. At least there is some difference between someone who understands the correct way to gear and has put time into their character over someone who just hit max level now.

Templates have nothing to do with Rogues being broken. Just stop!! Game was way better before templates and will be way better after them. Don't be so insane to group everything into templates fixes this when in fact templates did nothing but cause PvP to die.

Good riddance to templates and now real WoW PvP will return. All we need to do is fix some of the broken stuff now and it will be good.
Can we focus on the Disc doing to much dmg line, I think this more so deserves a thread of its own. Kthx
07/23/2018 02:01 PMPosted by Mcfaceroller
Can we focus on the Disc doing to much dmg line, I think this more so deserves a thread of its own. Kthx

Disc being able to do damage is good and fun, MW can chunk people too, which is also good. Healers shouldn't be dedicated healbots.
07/23/2018 02:03 PMPosted by Shiyolangley

Disc being able to do damage is good and fun, MW can chunk people too, which is also good. Healers shouldn't be dedicated healbots.

Imagine having the audacity to complain about anything (im assuming your complaining since ur on this thread)

and say it's fine for a healer to do good damage

LOL

yeah.. i dont know how any decent player can read these forums and not have an aneurysm

heal·er
ˈhēlər/Submit
noun
a person who claims to be able to cure a disease or injury using special powers.
"a spiritual healer and medium"
a person or thing that mends or repairs something.
"aloe vera is a superb healer of the alimentary canal"
something that alleviates a person's distress or anguish.
"time is the best healer"

a healer isn't a dps
I never claimed to be in a high bracket and we don’t know what bracket he is healing in wth his Druid. But i also guarantee (and have done so against friends) that even a 2400 rogue is not going to Kill me on the Druid in a kidney.

I’m sorry if my posts bothers you but even causal pvp players should be able to post with out ridicule.

Not trying to ridicule you, but he's right. We were at 2400 mmr and those rogues can absolutely destroy you. No offense but it's your "guarantee from friends" against my experience of actually having it happen. The rogues at 1750 are clearly doing something wrong and won't be able to one shot you, but a geared rogue that knows what he's doing can absolutely obliterate you. Especially when he has a small amount of help from another teammate. Additionally, I think you're confused about when this happened in the match. It wasn't in the opener. It was about a minute into the game after our healer was forced to trinket a blind. Rogues are doubling DECENT players damage and that's not okay.

I get that you're trying to have input and be part of the conversation, but this is two completely different frames of mind and fields of play here. The way that you said things in absolutes about rogues "never being able to kill you" and so on, made you seem cocky which I think is why you're getting railed so hard here. Obviously you have a right to post here, but at 1750 you really don't have a decent outlook on the scope of the game, and you shouldn't act like you don't seem to see the problem because you have no issue with it.

You seem like you're having a rough time, so sorry if this is offending you. I'm just trying to tell you how I see it, and how I imagine a large portion of other players see it.

Long story short. The rogues you're fighting are not the rogues that I'm talking about. Like I said originally, a MASSIVE portion of the upper bracket is assassination and that's not okay.

Also sorry for not quoting you exactly. I'm just really lazy and don't feel like scrolling through this stuff.
07/23/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Floissais
It seems like only bad players are still whining about sin rogue.

Rets,BM, and Disc priests are just as broken if not even more broken than sin.

BM pets can completely solo, Disc priests are immortal, and Templar's Verdict one shots.

I can't tell if these posts are actual humans or bots just remaking the same posts over and over again.

Although, the same people complaining are the same people that think templates are good for the game..

Wanna know what killed pvp (not including WoD pvp OMEGALUL)? Templates and RNG gear. Guess what? Blizzard removed templates and will probably remove RNG gear in the near future.

It doesn't make sense for them to remove templates and have no gear vendor.. This makes pvp way too pve gear reliant.

its so tilting seeing people make troll posts like these

holy !@#$ imagine complaining about sin when they made disc priests have a no CD power word shield

Gonna keep it real with you Salty McSaltbag. You right, but you wrong. Rets and BMs are broken, and disc healing is stupid (so is the damage but that was in my first post). But saying that only bad players are complaining about rogues makes you seem like you're a pretty bad player yourself. Did you not see Dillypoo post on here about it being too much damage? Are you going to call him bad too while hiding behind your lvl 1 character?

Can we at least all agree that getting your BiS pvp gear from raids is pretty dumb? I really hope this doesn't happen again in BFA. I don't want to have to join a mythic raid team just so that I can get a sick weapon with some cool proc and a trinket that does stupid amounts of damage.
07/23/2018 07:48 AMPosted by Liónheart
07/23/2018 05:32 AMPosted by Lythraen
I mean, I carried a assass rogue to his first 2k who thought you could dispel Hex, so yeah

Jokes on you. It seems you were the one who was carried as hex certainly can be decursed by a few classes.

See: Paladin
07/23/2018 01:58 PMPosted by Abombanation
Templates have nothing to do with Rogues being broken. Just stop!!

It's funny but sad at the same time when Abom is right.

Fun fact about Assassination they actually turned down mastery scaling by 20% in pvp. More than double that in pve. This IS the nerfed version lol.
If your defense about X being broken is saying "Y & Z are also broken" .. your kind of missing the point.
07/23/2018 02:03 PMPosted by Shiyolangley

Melee wings and crane were absolute cancer and one of the worst things to happen to the game.
Haha all these rogues going"sorry you can't be immortal with one button anymore. " haha cloak of shadows haha...

What does that have to do with certain specs having broken damage because they are overtuned?

Think about the question you just asked...

What does removing blizzards ability to balance specs without affecting pve have to with a spec being unbalanced in pvp?