Pre-purchasing was Roll the Bones IRL

General Discussion
I dont understand the Hati craze.

I did come in on the tail end of Legion, but I leveled this BM hunter and another worgen one ... Hati was just a little extra dps.

I kind of like the BM extra pet talent as it is now ... one of the few things I like about prepatch.
I'm just glad I didn't pre-purchase.

How many times did we click those AP tokens?! All for nought now.

I never pre-purchased an expansion in the past either, but I still had a level of enthusiasm for them - it's completely missing for BfA.

Just can't justify paying for it.
I will admit this is probably the buggiest, worst preexpac patch I can recall. So many unintended broken things all over the place.

But every preexpac patch is similar. I played a moonkin in MoP, WoD, and Legion. Talk about total revamps and missing spells during a prepatch!

So many people act like its their first pre expac patch. Maybe it is, and Im one of the few older players left.

Yet these same whiners are the ones asking for legacy servers? It does not make sense to me. I guess the legacy servers had their updates long ago - players seem to forget that when those games were current, they had bugs and dramatic spec changes during their prepatches as well.
07/21/2018 12:24 AMPosted by Azivalla
Or, you know, you could just not pre-purchase a game until you know how it will launch and not be salty about changes months before release? If you don't want to play, then don't play.

I was one of those people who pre-ordered before they announced GCD changes, before they nerfed the racial ability that I have on roughly 70% of the classes I regularly play, before they announced more pruning than artifact traits/abilities and before they jacked up dungeons.

I started playing in BC and fell in love with this game, and since Cata, I've been a day 1 pre-order person for Blizzard products - even Diablo III. I'll still play BfA because it's kind of silly to not at least give it a shot, but next time (if there is a next time) I'll definitely wait and see the details before I do.
Very few specs didn't keep their artifact ability.
07/21/2018 04:07 AMPosted by Achiron
Very few specs didn't keep their artifact ability.

Who got it baseline tell me. Making it a talent doesn't count especially with no new row.
07/21/2018 01:12 AMPosted by Norñ
If hunters get Hati back as alluded to recently people will flip if they don't get something back. My havoc DH wants his legendary helm baseline.

That would be beyond broken. I’m glad you aren’t in charge of any changes.
I think the problem is how bad the gameplay feels on some classes because of losing our artifact ability and the bonuses.

To be honest I loved he srtifact concept and system and sort of wished that that’s what was present from the start of leveling. And that every expac change the weapon changed.

It made doing things on alts so much more viable. As the weapon is the most important slot.

I like the idea of the artifact ability being a bonus you get to keep and that another talent row is created from a choice of legendaries.
07/21/2018 08:11 AMPosted by Illidonkey
07/21/2018 01:12 AMPosted by Norñ
If hunters get Hati back as alluded to recently people will flip if they don't get something back. My havoc DH wants his legendary helm baseline.

Implying many aspects of classes and game aren't currently broken. Glad youre not in charge of anything.
07/21/2018 08:53 AMPosted by Hòólïgan
07/21/2018 08:11 AMPosted by Illidonkey

Implying many aspects of classes and game aren't currently broken. Glad youre not in charge of anything.

Excellent comeback, did you stay up all night thinking of it? Some specs are clunky at the moment but to say they are completely broken is a fallacy. Back to lfr with you.
07/21/2018 08:58 AMPosted by Illidonkey

Excellent comeback, did you stay up all night thinking of it? Some specs are clunky at the moment but to say they are completely broken is a fallacy. Back to lfr with you.

All night? You mean the reply within an hour? lmao Blormphed me I'm totally BTFO how will I ever recover on my low priority alt
I really don't get the hate.

This is what basically every expansion launch ever has felt like.... It is a little different because of the stats squish, but if you were around for the last one you know what that felt like and in short order into the expac you did not even notice it. We are playing with gear that is underwhelming. The BFA gear is what the squish is scaled against, not the Legion gear. And they will make changes to balance the feeling some as we go along.

Old raids/instances will get easier with the newer gear, and again they will tweak them some as more people play and issues get pointed out.

Every expac we lose some abilities and gain others through various means. Losing our artifacts was both a gameplay choice as well as a "punishment" of sort in the lore end of things of our quest for power....as frankly is the whole story of BFA, our lust for power leads to the oncoming war.

Also, if you read class guides, it seems like a lot of our secondary stats "bests" have shifted, meaning we are currently geared in a way that is not "optimal" anymore. Legion also had this for some classes, needing X haste or Y crit to "feel good" with timing and such. Once you got to a certain level of a stat or two it changed how a character felt completely. That will happen with our newer gear.

And those complaining about wasting time collecting AP and its now worthless....uh, that is again EVERY expansion. All that work raiding, all that work gearing... 10 min into the new expac you replace your purples with greens and throw it all away, it is no different than that. It is how expansions work.

Voice concerns so they can fix them, but don't freak out. If you have been playing a long time you know that every expac feels this way pre-patch and into the first little bit as we level and gear.

Even as short back as the start of legion, clothies felt SOOO underpowered when leveling, could not pull more than 1-2 mobs or you died, ext....a month or two in I could nuke entire groups once again as I adjusted and got geared. The same will happen in BFA.
07/21/2018 08:58 AMPosted by Illidonkey

A yes. The eletist forum troll that inspects peoples profiles, assumes it's a main then tries to belittle them for not being a no life mythic raider like they are. I bet you fap into a sock at your armory profile. Did getting borked on mythic antorus negatively impact your ability to climax?
It all boils down to the time played measuring metric. Once that hot mess was implemented the devs stopped trying to make a better game. They were forced to make a grindy game and it shows.
07/21/2018 12:21 AMPosted by Norñ
Every class should have got to keep their artifact ability as reward. Or atleast a 115 row to pick a legendary effect and a 120 to choose an artifact ability or passive.

Hey at least some got to pick them as talents. Destruction warlocks had theirs modified a little and given to demonology warlocks as a talent.
When you create something that makes you revenue, pays your bills and whatnot.. you want it to make you more money, right?

The purpose of this game is just that, to make money for the people who created it and run it.

we just pay them $14.99 to play their creation.

thats it.

when certain people realize this, well it will be a happier day for them.
07/21/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Kylëssa
Hey at least some got to pick them as talents. Destruction warlocks had theirs modified a little and given to demonology warlocks as a talent

I have to say, having my New Moon as a talent (my final row of all things) is not that better than having it stripped. I basically have no choice but to take it, because it's OP AF compared to the other options, and balance no longer plays right without it. Might as well just be the only thing on that row.

What was the harm in giving every spec their main artifact ability as baseline, considering they were already planning on pruning? Was a reason even given?
My spin on this --- there's a lot of very immature over-reacting "OMFG the world is ending because x,y,z isn't perfection" people..

Seriously I have a 10 year old nephew who acts more mature then more than half of the crazy outrage people are posting since pre-patch dropped. For the record I include EVERYONE who acts this way -- so I don't give a crap if you point out some popular streamer...I don't care if you call out "well Asmongold thinks like I do to" -- guess what all those "pseudo celebrities" the same applies to them. Being well known doesn't excuse your over the top behavior. But at least the streamers have one excuse --- they make money off of viewership so they can hang their hat on that...

Does this mean I'm a blizzard shill.....NOPE. I call them out on crap all the time. I have no plans of stopping that either. Does this me I'm fine with changes in the game now ? Nope. It doesn't I think some of my classes are both less effective AND less fun to play right now too.

But holy "F" people GROW THE HELL UP. Being displeased is one thing, carrying on like damn 5 years old is quite another.
07/21/2018 09:44 AMPosted by Sherimoon
When you create something that makes you revenue, pays your bills and whatnot.. you want it to make you more money, right?

The purpose of this game is just that, to make money for the people who created it and run it.

we just pay them $14.99 to play their creation.

thats it.

when certain people realize this, well it will be a happier day for them.

Hey there small brained ancap.

When the community consensus is your creation was better before you decided to ook it in the dooker on multiple fronts and create a massive negative backlash, it's not good for your bottom line.

07/21/2018 09:59 AMPosted by Melyndriel
My spin on this --- there's a lot of very immature over-reacting "OMFG the world is ending because x,y,z isn't perfection" people..

Seriously I have a 10 year old nephew who acts more mature then more than half of the crazy outrage people are posting since pre-patch dropped. For the record I include EVERYONE who acts this way -- so I don't give a crap if you point out some popular streamer...I don't care if you call out "well Asmongold thinks like I do to" -- guess what all those "pseudo celebrities" the same applies to them. Being well known doesn't excuse your over the top behavior. But at least the streamers have one excuse --- they make money off of viewership so they can hang their hat on that...

Does this mean I'm a blizzard shill.....NOPE. I call them out on crap all the time. I have no plans of stopping that either. Does this me I'm fine with changes in the game now ? Nope. It doesn't I think some of my classes are both less effective AND less fun to play right now too.

But holy "F" people GROW THE HELL UP. Being displeased is one thing, carrying on like damn 5 years old is quite another.

My 5 year old knows the difference between then and than. Quit acting like a 4 yr old.