BM Barbed Shot severely underpowered

Hunter
Approximately 100 damage per tick is awful (1.5% total dps, seriously?!?), and pet attack speed bonus is negligible for this amount of global cooldowns being used. This spell needs to be fixed or removed completely, because as it stands it is a complete waste of 1-3 global cooldowns (since it claims to stack attack speed 3 times, but doesn't).

Completely worthless main ability.
Agreed. It feels completely worthless.
yup seems like the only reason to use it us for focus regen
TIL: 90% attack speed is worthless

https://i.imgur.com/GlbAtfe.png
Am I missing something?
07/21/2018 06:19 PMPosted by Xandrel
(since it claims to stack attack speed 3 times, but doesn't).

It does increase attack speed.

07/21/2018 09:17 PMPosted by Bright

Am I missing something?

You're not missing anything, OP just made that up.

For what it's worth, melee attacks are now affected by Beast Cleave (rather than just Basic Attacks), and Barbed Shot also triggers Stomp. The ability is fine. If it was buffed they'd just take damage away from Kill Command or nerf pets.
Good thing you have cs and kc..
This spell needs to be fixed or removed completely, because as it stands it is a complete waste of 1-3 global cooldowns (since it claims to stack attack speed 3 times, but doesn't).

If you're using the vanilla UI, watch the little barbed shot icon next to your HP meter that hovers next to your character. You will see that it does indeed stack a haste buff. For some odd reason, it does NOT display this buff at the top-right with your other buffs.

The GCD becomes as fast as a Rogue's at 3 stacks, lol. Also, the Focus generation is just ridiculous.

However, the Haste Buff is dependent upon the enemy staying alive with bleed stacks on them so if you BS an enemy and kill it 2 seconds later, you will not receive the stacking haste buff.

However, for anything that will live long enough to provide the bonus, the buff is rather powerful.
To be honest, I prefer the legion version of barbed shot.

Frenzy or beast. Those felt meaningful to press. Barbed shot is just a focus regen tool, that sometimes lets you stack to 90% pet attack speed.
07/21/2018 09:17 PMPosted by Bright

Am I missing something?

They're talking about the dot.
TBH i'd rather we get dire frenzy back, but keep the shoot animation over the /whistle
having our pet do a rapid frenzy of attacks was way more "Beast mastery" than the bleed
The ability is fine.

Attack speed for pet, Stomp, and it puts a bleed on the target, which can come in handy if you're fighting a Rogue.
pet attack speed bonus is negligible for this amount of global cooldowns being used.

White DMG if you havent noticed is going to be much more important this expac than ever in previous expansions.

The attack speed alone is worth the ability especially when you take [Aspect of the Beast].
Someone doesnt know how to math or hunter!
I agree about some of the critism of this ability. I like the bleed damage, but overall I cannot keep track of how many stacks I have, or how to keep myself at 3 stacks. It's just too much distracting buff monitoring.

The in-game UI cannot handle the requirements for soemthing like that, so you either have to get sophisticated with mods/addons, or suck using barbed shot.

Abilities that require 3rd party mods to make them effective are not well designed.
I agree. Even if you objectively look at the AS boost and say its damage output is "fine", it sure as heck doesn't FEEL impactful to USE.

With Dire Frenzy, Blink Strikes was a thing and it did solid immediate damage, even if you weren't the source. Barbed Shot has neither of those going for it.
It feels like an unimpactful maintainance button, and as someone who yet enjoyed Demonology in Legion... let me tell you about Demonic Empowerment and Life Tap and how many GCDs you spent on buttons doing "nothing" for you.

Barbed Shot's just bad, even if the tuning is fine. It's just bad because it FEELS bad to press.
Bestial Wrath on the GCD which you press every 20-something seconds to THEN press impactful buttons also feels bad. It feels like Life Tap.

Hunter was #1 on my BFA classes to level up and possibly raid with list.
MM feels good.
BM feels so bad to play that I'm really heavily leaning towards Mage.
it gives your pet flurry right and you can take sent of blood and get 28 focus every time you use barbed shot it helps a lot with focus regen.

its has its uses combined with aspect of the beast and killer instinct and mastery makes you pet hit hard.i also use barrage and murder of crows for more damage.
07/22/2018 10:34 AMPosted by Mezasu
To be honest, I prefer the legion version of barbed shot.

Frenzy or beast. Those felt meaningful to press. Barbed shot is just a focus regen tool, that sometimes lets you stack to 90% pet attack speed.

If you're playing correctly you should be at max stacks a lot outside of just unlucky streaks with no procs. It's to the point that unless you're using killer cobra, which you shouldn't be as it's a DPS loss and this is a thread complaining about damage, pet auto attacks will surpass the damage of your kill commands in a boss fight. Hell with aspect of the beast your pets basic attacks (smack/bite/claw) will also surpass the damage of your kill command without killer cobra.
I dont get why people dont understand that Barbed Shot attack speed buff was not meant to have a 100% uptime...

Even at 120 it wont have 100% uptime and that's with the Azerite trait that adds 1 second to it...and it's ok if it isnt up 100% of a fight.

BM is finally in a very good spot at 120 and everyone is crying about is how bad level 110 is or how bad barbed shot is....
07/23/2018 11:40 PMPosted by Moonuredps
I dont get why people dont understand that Barbed Shot attack speed buff was not meant to have a 100% uptime...

Even at 120 it wont have 100% uptime and that's with the Azerite trait that adds 1 second to it...and it's ok if it isnt up 100% of a fight.

BM is finally in a very good spot at 120 and everyone is crying about is how bad level 110 is or how bad barbed shot is....

it won't have a 100% uptime but with proper management and use of procs it's going to have a decently high uptime to the point that it's bringing our pet auto attacks damage up to the point that they do more damage than kill command.
07/24/2018 12:24 AMPosted by Farondur
07/23/2018 11:40 PMPosted by Moonuredps

it won't have a 100% uptime but with proper management and use of procs it's going to have a decently high uptime to the point that it's bringing our pet auto attacks damage up to the point that they do more damage than kill command.

And that's a problem how??

Plenty of specs that rely on auto attacks or auto attacks are the highest damage on there meters....I dont see an issue...
07/24/2018 12:56 AMPosted by Moonuredps
07/24/2018 12:24 AMPosted by Farondur

And that's a problem how??

Plenty of specs that rely on auto attacks or auto attacks are the highest damage on there meters....I dont see an issue...

It's not, follow the convo i've been arguing that barbed shot is doing great damage because of the buff it provides.