Holy Paladin Cast Animations

Paladin
When I was looking at footage of the bfa beta I loved the new holy cast animations what happened to them?
They removed the 1 new animation because reasons.

1. It was bugged on several races, Id imagine easily fixed.

2. Some folks thought it was a little repetitive to pull out a book every holy light cast.

3. The cast animation looked like hail Hitler or something stupid.

No official word from Blizz (surprise surprise). But that's what I've read throughout the web.
07/21/2018 11:50 PMPosted by Vaeliira

2. Some folks thought it was a little repetitive to pull out a book every holy light cast.

No official word from Blizz (surprise surprise). But that's what I've read throughout the web.
i REALLY hope you're joking, one of the main reasons i main a holy paladin now is because of the spell animations :(
07/23/2018 10:05 PMPosted by Gautamxd
07/21/2018 11:50 PMPosted by Vaeliira

i REALLY hope you're joking, one of the main reasons i main a holy paladin now is because of the spell animations :(

Good, because they are staying the same.
The book was beyond stupid. It would have been OK for some long cooldown heal, but for something you spammed it was absolutely terrible.
idk about all that i rlly liked the book (sad to c us still using the same old animations we have been for years)
Well, as a reward for claim now we have nothing in return. Same situation with the reputation mount.
Hoping the holy judgement animation is changed to throwing a book at the target.

One thing is like to see is a new casting stance. The generic one is cool and all, but seems a bit boring
I was really looking forward to that animation. I hope they add it back in. Paladins are lacking in animations compared to the other classes.

Especially the Holy spec and Hammer of Wrath.
07/27/2018 03:21 AMPosted by Korun
Hoping the holy judgement animation is changed to throwing a book at the target.

One thing is like to see is a new casting stance. The generic one is cool and all, but seems a bit boring

Throwing the book at them? I like it.

Either way the holy one needs to be added. It was a huge draw, looked amazing. If people don't like it, add a glyph.
Sad that the book is a core part of the holy paladin fantasy and yet we've never used it in all these years. They even went as far as to make us like the wc3 paladin with the 2hander and book on the belt in legion. But they actually used the book for holy light in the game so I expected them to do the same here as it's the core fantasy of the class and not 1hand and shield.

07/28/2018 12:58 PMPosted by Kasavan
If people don't like it, add a glyph.

100% agree.

No reason to not add something because some people hate change. Just look at how much flak they took from the old character faces being removed for far more detailed ones.

I like repetition as much as the next person but I really want a different cast style other than the one we've had since the dawn of time.
I would love to see it in a glyph at the very least!
https://youtu.be/mkBYYZGmiMg

The animation in the 2nd part of this video? Yeah its fken lame that they removed it; hopefully they are just working on other holy spell animations and are just delaying it because its an awesome animation. But I think it should be the animation for Holy Shock instead of Holy Light thought because the cast time is a big too long and Holy Shock is more similar to how Holy Light was in WC3
Eh, it wasn't that amazing.

I am sure we will eventually get something, but I feel it better be good since we will be the last class to get animations. It would be really disappointing to get half baked new animations because they got lazy or bored and would rather have no new animations than animations they put no real thought into.
I love the new holy light animation, really really hoping they add it as a glyph option at least, it looks excellent to me
Here's an easy solution: Just make it the new animation with the book when Infusion of Light procs so it's not so repetitive
07/25/2018 11:54 AMPosted by Eeladinnoo
The book was beyond stupid. It would have been OK for some long cooldown heal, but for something you spammed it was absolutely terrible.

the book was a throwback to warcraft 3, it was the animation when casting holy light

i thought it was a nice throw back to that. i could understand how it could seem awkward pulling a book out of nowhere (while the warcraft 3 paladins had tomes on their waist they grabbed)
07/27/2018 03:21 AMPosted by Korun

You have my vote!

Here have my book too /throw
Kkkk i like that throw books !@#

I need this glyph.
Maybe throw axe,swords and spear too insted only hammers.
Why we dont have more glyphs?