FIX rogues PvP Now!

Rogue
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
rogues are supposed to be OP were ninja's, only people with the most skills choose rogues.
I played a rogue in vanilla and have tried to continue playing one each expansion, and this is the first time since vanilla that I feel like rogues are balanced. I think Crimson Vial needs a slight nerf to balance re-stealth-cheese plays against classes that should defeat rogues by design. Sin is very dependent on cooldowns for what could be considered overpowered sequences, but if you are team fighting or know the mechanics of the attacks you can defend and even capitalize on the inherent weakness of cooldown dependent damage. Sub has a high skill gap or when seemingly overpowered is again reliant on cooldown playstyles that will become very easy to defend against; it will take some time to figure out how to counter, but soon enough any good players will learn how to counter the opening attack sequences. Outlaw is slightly unpredictable, with great utility, but skill gap and timing/gcd choices will force even great players to be left vulnerable more often than not - you will be defending against an unpredictable sequence of utility and damage, and will need to counter with proper levels of defensive and offensive cooldowns to achieve victory. For me these specializations along with the GCD changes make for a pvp style that is as complex as the best "fighter" games, and many of the complex interactions of this class and others have returned to a feel of distinct class capabilities that make each singularly unique and fun to play. WAR-MODE ON!
im sure they are looking at it there is plenty of time until bfa launch.

but......if they let sin go live like this.....rip.
Rogues are fine the MM hunters one shotting people from stealth with cds on a single aim shot is broken.
07/25/2018 11:37 AMPosted by Masosa
Rogues are fine the MM hunters one shotting people from stealth with cds on a single aim shot is broken.

You just described rogue. Just saying
07/25/2018 11:37 AMPosted by Masosa
MM hunters need a nerf but rogues are not fine nice try
Damn it feels good to be a gankster
Laughing at the rogues trying to defend their class as if they're not overtuned.

Coming from a pally, I'm jealous of how OP you guys are right now.
07/25/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Dratus
Laughing at the rogues trying to defend their class as if they're not overtuned.

Is it because we can vanish after you have blown your CD's like most paladins do in the first .5 seconds of a fight?
07/24/2018 11:20 PMPosted by Mathiuas
I played a rogue in vanilla and have tried to continue playing one each expansion, and this is the first time since vanilla that I feel like rogues are balanced.
That's a joke, right?

All these people boosting rogues and then defending their current state are gonna be really disappointed when they get nerfed to the ground in BFA s1.

Lolwut?! Paladins are insane. They do so much damage and have some of the best survival that supports their own allies. Also now their flash heal can be instant and heals them for a big part of their HP. Sure they dont have Rogue burst but they're solid class right now. Also I play paladin too so I know what I'm talking about.
Divine shield
Greater blessing of kings
Shield of Vengeance
Blessing of protection
Flash heals (selfless healer)
Seraphim's Blessing
Lay on hands (not in arena pvp)
Eye for an eye (talent)
You can even use hammer of justice (talent +) to heal yourself while the target is stunned
Still I'm not asking ret to get nerfed.
Rogues are easily killed by burst within a stun, easier than most classes because evasion doesn't work if you stunned them and walked behind them and crimson vial is good but it is a 1% HP per 1 second ability if used every 30 seconds.
07/22/2018 09:18 AMPosted by Dukat
Oh look, we're discussing numbers at 110 in prepatch where the game is balanced for 120 and Azerite gear. How uninspiringly useless.

OH look another clueless person who doesnt know Rogues are broken OP at 120.

Rogue damage is a 2 shot with unbreakable CC and counterplay to every class at 120. Each spec has the ability to global someone if wanted to and they simply walk away from any encounter they so choose to.

ROgues are broken. TOo high of damage, too sustain, too many defenses, CLoak + evasion = pally bubble on rogue, too much control, and mobility.

Shorten range on step, turn cloak into remove magic and reduce magic dmg by 30%-40%. Rogues can already lock up a caster for as long as they wish they don't need to be able to say, hey, watch as nothing you cast works for X seconds.

Rogues are broken.
07/26/2018 03:44 AMPosted by Inumi

Lolwut?! Paladins are insane. They do so much damage and have some of the best survival that supports their own allies. Also now their flash heal can be instant and heals them for a big part of their HP. Sure they dont have Rogue burst but they're solid class right now. Also I play paladin too so I know what I'm talking about.
Divine shield
Greater blessing of kings
Shield of Vengeance
Blessing of protection
Flash heals (selfless healer)
Seraphim's Blessing
Lay on hands (not in arena pvp)
Eye for an eye (talent)
You can even use hammer of justice (talent +) to heal yourself while the target is stunned
Still I'm not asking ret to get nerfed.
Rogues are easily killed by burst within a stun, easier than most classes because evasion doesn't work if you stunned them and walked behind them and crimson vial is good but it is a 1% HP per 1 second ability if used every 30 seconds.

Paladins actually had a blanket damage nerf a few weeks ago. THey lost some spike but yes their damage is still high for their heals. Wings should not affect Word of Glory as WoG acts like a 2nd and 3rd LoH in wings.
07/25/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Fylerz

Takes minimum of 3 button presses for a rogue while in melee range. Not one button press from 40 yards. Apples and oranges mate.
07/22/2018 11:55 AMPosted by Hugame
Rets are worse

Rets took a ~30% pvp dmg stealth nerf which was later confirmed on MMO.

Rogues need a pvp dmg nerf too.
idc about PvE btw.
07/23/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Jinak
Rogue is a OP braindead class that is in a desperate need of a nerf

One sec, I need more buckets to catch your tears.......

Your the type of player I will target over and over in a bg, just so you remember me.

13 years of catching buckets of tears.....running out of room

We are the A**whole class, if you don't like it stay out of bgs, and turn warmode off. There's a nice pet battle somewhere.
07/26/2018 06:52 AMPosted by Raziael
07/25/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Fylerz

Takes minimum of 3 button presses for a rogue while in melee range. Not one button press from 40 yards. Apples and oranges mate.

Curiosities sake, what are those three skills?
07/22/2018 07:00 AMPosted by Yeaaboiyy
There are also some classes that are just pumping a bit too hard at the moment. Eviscerate for example was critting me for about 30% of my hp in duels last night. That translates to it doing ~1.7 million damage per crit when you unsquish the numbers.

A bit much.

Rogue PVP damage is WAY too high. NOBODY wants to see rogues OP again after they have been the best melee class in the game for 8 years.

Ima stop you right there.
07/24/2018 08:38 AMPosted by Narcotiq
rogues are supposed to be OP were ninja's, only people with the most skills choose rogues.

This made my day
Same tears happened with Sub Rogues at the start of Legion and then they got butchered. Same thing will happen again, like it always does.