Marks of Honor in 8.0

War Mode and World PvP
I haven’t seen any Marks of Honor in the Broken Isles PvP World Quests since Pre-Patch dropped, and I can’t seem to find any updated information on them. Does anybody know if they’re still available through the WQ from time to time, or am I just going to have to bite the bullet and start doing Battlegrounds?
Bump
You mean you might have to pvp to get pvp rewards??!?

How outrageous!!!
07/22/2018 10:23 PMPosted by Snizfiz
You mean you might have to pvp to get pvp rewards??!?

How outrageous!!!

I was merely asking if they were still available by the previous means I used to obtain them or not. Your condescension is not helpful.
I’m simply pointing out the irony of your question.

You want to wear a pvp set without pvping...

The age of entitlement we live in I guess.
07/22/2018 10:42 PMPosted by Snizfiz

Or I simply wanted to know if my PvP in WQ still yielded the same results that they have the last two years, or if I have to PvP in a different manner than I have been?
Not much pvp in those warden towers though is there?

Seriously though you should try battlegrounds, they are more fun than grinding mobs..
07/22/2018 11:19 PMPosted by Snizfiz
Not much pvp in those warden towers though is there?

Seriously though you should try battlegrounds, they are more fun than grinding mobs..

Acknowledged. I will try them out.
I have the same question. I enjoy PvP, however, I do the MoH quests on my main and my alts for PvP gear transmog. No need to be rude. Great question OP. Hopefully we get an answer soon.
Bump
Bump
Please let these be gone for good.

PvP WQs were a travesty to begin with. Almost 0 PvP going on in them. Casual PvErs have higher honor levels than the most tryhard PvPers because of them. It's ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.
07/24/2018 09:44 AMPosted by Konjunktur
Please let these be gone for good.

PvP WQs were a travesty to begin with. Almost 0 PvP going on in them. Casual PvErs have higher honor levels than the most tryhard PvPers because of them. It's ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

These quests still exist for gaining honor. The fact that they gain honor towards prestige hasn't changed. However the MoH quests aren't appearing specifically.
I've been checking in everyday at different times to see if they are still dropping for the towers as well. Sadly, it seems they no longer are. Would of been nice if they put that in the patch notes so I could of saved some time.

I dont enjoy PvP'ing all that much either these days. However some of the color varients for the pvp sets are better than their raiding counterparts and its nice to have sets for alts and transmog.
07/24/2018 11:52 AMPosted by Azràèl
I've been checking in everyday at different times to see if they are still dropping for the towers as well. Sadly, it seems they no longer are. Would of been nice if they put that in the patch notes so I could of saved some time.

I dont enjoy PvP'ing all that much either these days. However some of the color varients for the pvp sets are better than their raiding counterparts and its nice to have sets for alts and transmog.

That was exactly my experience as well. I ended up trying BGs for the first time ever the other night, and was able to scrounge up enough MoH to get the transmog you see me wearing in my profile picture right now.

It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. My server Wymrest Accord is heavier on the Horde side, and subsequently I was on the winning side 3/4 matches I participated in.

PvP has always had a certain “ick” factor for me primarily because I don’t particularly enjoy hurting others. This coupled with the fact that it typically attracts people who take extreme joy in killing other players and end up becoming high powered bullies that it was never really an attractive feature for me. I know people who enjoy PvP aren’t jerks by default, and I’ve come across a few who were very honorable. But if you happen to be a jackass that loves dominating other people and mocking them while doing it? PvP is heaven.

At least that’s been my experience prior to now. I’m going to try and do BG’s more frequently now to get better at it, if only to be able to defend myself better. If you’re an avid PvPer, you’re probably not an @$$hole. But if you’re an @$$hole, you’re probably an avid PvPer. Maybe me engaging PvP more but being honorable while doing it will give other players a different experience than I had with it?
07/25/2018 09:20 AMPosted by Windu
07/24/2018 11:52 AMPosted by Azràèl

That was exactly my experience as well. I ended up trying BGs for the first time ever the other night, and was able to scrounge up enough MoH to get the transmog you see me wearing in my profile picture right now.

It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. My server Wymrest Accord is heavier on the Horde side, and subsequently I was on the winning side 3/4 matches I participated in.
You shouldn't talk if you don't know what you're talking about.

BGs are both cross-faction (mercenaries) and cross-realm and have been for quite a while now. The fact that your realm is more horde populated has nothing to do with your BG performance.

PvP has always had a certain “ick” factor for me primarily because I don’t particularly enjoy hurting others. This coupled with the fact that it typically attracts people who take extreme joy in killing other players and end up becoming high powered bullies that it was never really an attractive feature for me. I know people who enjoy PvP aren’t jerks by default, and I’ve come across a few who were very honorable. But if you happen to be a jackass that loves dominating other people and mocking them while doing it? PvP is heaven.

At least that’s been my experience prior to now. I’m going to try and do BG’s more frequently now to get better at it, if only to be able to defend myself better. If you’re an avid PvPer, you’re probably not an @$$hole. But if you’re an @$$hole, you’re probably an avid PvPer. Maybe me engaging PvP more but being honorable while doing it will give other players a different experience than I had with it?
Honorable? There's nothing unhonorable in doing whatever it takes to win in PvP, as long as you're not cheating. If it's tilting your opponent with emotes or griefing them over and over until they leave, it doesn't matter - you won.

You guys are the very essence of what was wrong with WQ PvP quests. The most hardcore time-spent based rewards from PvP being given out like candy to casual PvErs who can't handle real PvP without crying, but are fully able to press their insta-complete WQ-button in their class order halls on 10 characters a week. Disgusting.

You know something is wrong when the avg. PvEr has a similar or even higher rank than the avg. PvPer.
Yes would be nice if we had some actual information about it but i've seen nothing so my guess is they removed them. which sucks because they were a great way to get marks of honor for mog without having to grind out battlegrounds. At least i got all the pvp weapons and pvp sets for a few classes
07/22/2018 10:42 PMPosted by Snizfiz

You mean he wants to wear a PVE set recolored for PVP'ers that dont want to PVE?
On a side note, did they change how Marks of Honor drop in the bags after a BG?
Do they only drop for BG's of certain lvls?
Do they only drop for winning a BG?
Do only max level players have a change to get them?
I'm interested in knowing this as well.