LGBTQ+ Community (Alliance and Horde)

Communities Recruitment
Prev 1 21 22 23 26 Next
Sad part is you've never been bashed or refused goods and services because of hysterical public perception.

??? I get thinking I am with the morons bashing the thread because I am on a level 1. But I implore you to check my post history for this and other threads going around today.

My post there was about them conflating these posts as trolling and not ignorant bigots. Sorry for not calling a spade a spade and being unclear.

Ah, thank you.
I will amend.
07/20/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Elae
Im sorry this happened to you I really am the real issue though is that there is a small number in transgender community that try to force their lifestyle on everyone else, in truth you are right people should just live and let live...but have you heard of Scarlet Johannson a transgender that backed out of being part of a movie because didn't have the right identity that's the kind of nonsense that makes people mad...acting is about being what you aren't.

Judge each person by their character...ignore the mob live your own truth. Who cares what the mob thinks

Oh, please, give me a break. You want to compare people being threatened, literally attacked, almost constantly harassed because a dozen individuals on a population that is already extremely small (trans) is somehow the same sort of issue? Because Scarlet Johannson? That's not the "real issue". These "real issues" are excuses used to bash LGBT, specially trans, and behave that exact hostile way towards them.

And here's the thing about Scarlet Johannson situation. The midia and the industry ignore trans all the time. There's pretty much none there. And the few that do act receive a lot of hate, specially when the story is very explicit about LGBT content (y'know, the typical "you're shoving in my face", "these people are defined by their sexuality dur dur", etc). People are complaining for that exact reason.

Just to give an idea. Imagine a very racist industry and society that keeps black people away from most important spots and jobs in society. Then, when the movie industry decides to make a movie about some black person/people, instead of hiring a black actor... they hire a white person and paint them black. Tell me, what's going to be your opinion on it?
I’m a chameleon. Yeah huh huh.

OKERLUND: A chameleon?

SAVAGE: Uh huh yeah! I’m talking about the beat goes on, yeah. And the beat goes on, yeah. And the beat goes on! And the videoscope, yeah, I am looking right into you right now. Macho madness, right now. Sugar is sweet and so is honey. Macho madness is on a roll and it can’t be stopped, no. Elizabeth understands what I’m talking about, yeah uh huh!

OKERLUND: Why is it, Macho Man, when I sit and talk to you, stand and talk to you for that matter, that I think of old Sonny and Cher hits? Why is that?

SAVAGE: Unbelievable. Time Distortions. Space is the place, Mean Gene Okerlund. Go down that lonesome highway, yeah! But don’t be hypnotized, no. Reincarnation doesn’t have to be. You can concentrate and you can, uh, mental telepathy, yeah!

OKERLUND: But the beat goes on?

SAVAGE: But the beat goes on.
I hope straight people are allowed to join. I've never really questioned by gender at all, but I still support LGBTQ+ people.

And people who despise these kinds of people, well, maaaybe you shouldn't get yourselves involved with them? If I hate a specific sandwich shop, should I go there and buy a sandwich just to scream angrily and rudely? No.
I really hate these threads due to how much homophobia it brings. It makes me want to end my life knowing how horrible people are.

Please I'd rather not know how ignorant, evil, hateful, or just how terrible a human being could possibly be. No hope in humanity whatsoever.
I find it so odd that any thread mentioning the existence of LGBTQ people goes so off the rails.

I get that WoW is a very diverse group of people. I know some of you are brainwashed by conservative propaganda sources or grew up raised by some wacked out conservative cult that thinks hurricanes are caused by gay people and what not.

That doesn't explain why you're in threads like this though. Nobody asked you to join the community. The topic of the thread wasn't "do you believe X is a choice." Nobody is interested in your misguided views or judgement.

This also wasn't an "ask a gay a question" thread. It's not a Q&A or a place where you get to demand an explanation. If you don't understand why there are gaymer groups or pride parades, google it. Many of you are clearly clueless and choose to ridicule people and make ignorant asinine comments instead of spending 5 minutes to educate yourself. Watch a documentary about pride or something and stop making an !@# of yourself. If you're curious about what a certain term means, google it.

I do think that there needs to be a community recruitment forum instead of people putting them all in general discussion, but even if there were, you people would probably still plague threads like this one for whatever unknown reason.
I was born male and identify as a woman but I’m too poor to go through the surgery does that make me any less LGBT? I came out at 18 and receive backlash anyway so does that give me less rights than the majority? I have been cast aside from old friends simply because I was either gay or Jewish. Straight people have no idea what the LGBT community go through on a regular basis even with other LGBT folk. Can we all stop bashing on each other for sexual preference and get along please?
07/20/2018 10:15 AMPosted by Nightwoods
I hope straight people are allowed to join. I've never really questioned by gender at all, but I still support LGBTQ+ people.

And people who despise these kinds of people, well, maaaybe you shouldn't get yourselves involved with them? If I hate a specific sandwich shop, should I go there and buy a sandwich just to scream angrily and rudely? No.

Thank you.
I believe OP's post has an inclusive statement.
07/20/2018 10:14 AMPosted by Nazjira
07/20/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Elae
Im sorry this happened to you I really am the real issue though is that there is a small number in transgender community that try to force their lifestyle on everyone else, in truth you are right people should just live and let live...but have you heard of Scarlet Johannson a transgender that backed out of being part of a movie because didn't have the right identity that's the kind of nonsense that makes people mad...acting is about being what you aren't.

Judge each person by their character...ignore the mob live your own truth. Who cares what the mob thinks

Oh, please, give me a break. You want to compare people being threatened, literally attacked, almost constantly harassed because a dozen individuals on a population that is already extremely small (trans) is somehow the same sort of issue? Because Scarlet Johannson? That's not the "real issue". These "real issues" are excuses used to bash LGBT, specially trans, and behave that exact hostile way towards them.

And here's the thing about Scarlet Johannson situation. The midia and the industry ignore trans all the time. There's pretty much none there. And the few that do act receive a lot of hate, specially when the story is very explicit about LGBT content (y'know, the typical "you're shoving in my face", "these people are defined by their sexuality dur dur", etc). People are complaining for that exact reason.

Just to give an idea. Imagine a very racist industry and society that keeps black people away from most important spots and jobs in society. Then, when the movie industry decides to make a movie about some black person/people, instead of hiring a black actor... they hire a white person and paint them black. Tell me, what's going to be your opinion on it?

It’s best to ignore this overly dramatic person. Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Why do I reply to trolls.
07/20/2018 10:12 AMPosted by Reinidar
From your own link.

To date there are no hard answers about whether such a fantastical-sounding procedure could enable a transwoman to carry a child. The operation has not been explored in animal trials, let alone in humans.

Also that baby would come out all deformed being developed in a natural male body.

1. two links over a year old, basically the top of a quick google search.
2. You assume much.
3. Intersexuals with male bodies and female genitalia have already been giving birth to humans for the last ... beginning of time.
4. There is already a Transgender Woman working with the doctors to make this a reality, sadly that info is hard to look up with a quick google search.

p.s. if you are unfamiliar with Intersexuals they are a mix of both sexes, they are rare, but it's possible you've met one or two in your life. Normally they are infernal, however some are able to give birth to healthy children, the only issue is that if they give birth without a c-section they have a high chance of dying during labor. Transgender woman who in the future opt to get pregnant will have to go through a long and expensive journey, and then they will have to have a C-section at the end. If I was 10-15 years younger I would want to do this, however the technology is 10 years out, and 20 years until it's common. I'm already too old for it.
07/20/2018 10:17 AMPosted by Thalyssra
I really hate these threads due to how much homophobia it brings. It makes me want to end my life knowing how horrible people are.

Please I'd rather not know how ignorant, evil, hateful, or just how terrible a human being could possibly be. No hope in humanity whatsoever.

Better the hate be exposed, to be dealt with.
Do not despair, friend.
You are not alone.
/hug

You are friend!! You’re the apart of the + it’s to fill the other acronyms / allies and it’s all really just about having a safe place for our personalities without someone being discriminatory and if you like gay culture you’d probably like us because we tend to be funnier on average , better memes, better jokes , more couth for those who can’t spell it either *coughs* (peep my nicki minaj insert of lyric) etc etc hope you can join and am glad you’re an ally regardless
07/20/2018 10:17 AMPosted by Thalyssra

Really? Like...really?
07/20/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Monsters
07/20/2018 10:14 AMPosted by Nazjira

It’s best to ignore this overly dramatic person. Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Yassuh, Massa!
Shall we goes on, givin' BIRTH to a NATION?
How is this fair?

Blizz removed the MAGA community discussion, but this thread is still here?

Does Blizz pick political sides?
07/20/2018 09:58 AMPosted by Monsters
07/20/2018 09:54 AMPosted by Mary

A couple of things.

1: Not a choice. Most of us are born different. There is a lot of science showing the why's and how's. We didn't choose to be LGBTIA+ however, you can choose to be abusive to people different than you.

2: saying it's ok to exist, but not OK to speak, is abusive. Sorry, it's people like you who cause us to need to have groups, and social gatherings.

3: Our being a sexual minority doesn't make us "All you are is your sexuality, got it.", you being abusive to us when we grow up, you being abusive to us when we speak, you who is being abusive on this thread, that is why we gather and shout with pride.

4: We have complicated existences, more so than you.

my existence:

nearly 50 year old..
    Former 0331 USMC E3, 100% service connected veteran.
    7 years college (CET, Psychology, Mechanical Engineering, Fashion design)
    Married, divorced, no children
    Dual national US/UK
    Half Scottish half Jewish
    Punk Rock and Gothic Subculture (I was the goth with a black purple halfhawk with a goatee and a black velvet dress wearing giant stompy boots in the 90's.)
    Former programmer, Telemarketer, Blockbuster CSR, Motorcycle Mechanic, Truck Driver OTR, Burger Flipper, Game Store Manager, Meat Manager Vons Markets.
    Nerd Gamer, Dungeon Master, Created own d20 SRT system.
    Amateur Novelist
    Crazy Cat Lady
    Transgender Woman
    Monocentric Polythetic Agnostic (or atheist whose willing to accept any evidence, and likes the poetry of some religions)
    Otaku (Manga & Anime nerd)
    NEET (Otaku term for a shut in gamer)

I'm a lot more complex than one thing.

And you aren’t the person I was talking to either. I have no doubt that one rogue isn’t the status quo in this forum. He is a husk of a person judging by his wordings.

Husk of a person? That all you got you got, troll? Still demeaning people. If you are the alternative, I would rather be an empty husk.

Stop harassing people. It's obviously your ONLY intent.
07/20/2018 10:19 AMPosted by Zenetta
I find it so odd that any thread mentioning the existence of LGBTQ people goes so off the rails.

It's like they are fragile snowflakes about to explode with anger at the merest idea someone might enjoy their life if they are LGBTI+.

Meanwhile I could give a careless about others, as long as they don't abuse me.
07/20/2018 10:24 AMPosted by Keytothebenz

You are friend!! You’re the apart of the + it’s to fill the other acronyms / allies and it’s all really just about having a safe place for our personalities without someone being discriminatory and if you like gay culture you’d probably like us because we tend to be funnier on average , better memes, better jokes , more c o u t h for those who can’t spell it either *coughs* (peep my nicki minaj insert of lyric) etc etc hope you can join and am glad you’re an ally regardless

Thank you <3

I actually believe that LGBTQ+ people can be an inspiration. They be the person they want to be without caring about the rude people who don't understand. And it's really cool to see such strong people. Props to you guys.
07/20/2018 10:00 AMPosted by Seraca
So it's okay to hate straight people because of that? That's not right.

How do people even know you're trans it's not like a skin color

Problem is the way you tried to play the victim as if you could even understand what trans people deal with on a daily basis.

And that's exactly the thing. Those who aren't seen as trans, just as "normal women", don't get the hate. Not because they're respected, but because the prejudice people don't know about it. And seriously, it's really that hard for you to understand there's a chunk of trans out there who really can't look that feminine/masculine to be "passable"?

Yes, hating on straight people is bad, but that doesn't come close to the issue they have to deal with. You're making a snarky comment about you being straight sound like it's the end of the world, when they deal with harassement and threats regarding sexual violence, murder, etc. Not to mention being excluded from the public places, jobs and what else. Trans people deal with whatever you deal with and more.