RIP Pet tracker

Pet Battles
Anyone know of any addons similar to pet tracker? I use it mostly for the world map/UI display to show pet locations and track what I don't already have

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/pettracker
From the authors Patreon page;

https://www.patreon.com/posts/battle-for-pre-20203767
Blizzard really messed with the map system in 8.0.

Most map addons (like Mapster, Leatrix Plus, etc.) had to be completely rewritten from scratch. Leatrix has disabled most of the map based features of Leatrix Plus until she has time to fix it.

Pet Tracker affects the map, so it will be fixed eventually. Same with Battle Daily Tamer or whatever it's called. (That author also stated that the new world map changes is causing a delay)
07/20/2018 09:55 PMPosted by Maizou

Most map addons (like Mapster, Leatrix Plus, etc.) had to be completely rewritten from scratch. Leatrix has disabled most of the map based features of Leatrix Plus until she has time to fix it.

Pet Tracker affects the map, so it will be fixed eventually. Same with Battle Daily Tamer or whatever it's called. (That author also stated that the new world map changes is causing a delay)

Whoa, whoa! Leatrix is actually someones name? Learn somethinf new everyday
07/21/2018 12:57 AMPosted by Studmuffyn
07/20/2018 09:55 PMPosted by Maizou

Whoa, whoa! Leatrix is actually someones name? Learn somethinf new everyday

S/he goes by Leatrix. Don't know if that's their actual name.
Jaliborc is updating all their mods at the moment. We'll have our pet tracking back soon!
That's great to hear, thanks Adirah.
Thanks from me too, Adirah! I miss seeing my opponent's CDs soooooo bad!
07/24/2018 09:27 PMPosted by Adirah
Jaliborc is updating all their mods at the moment. We'll have our pet tracking back soon!

So much relief <3
I didn't realize how much the original bliz UI for pet stuff is lacking until this pre-patch o.o
I never really did anything pet related without pettracker - when I was first starting my adventure into pet battles I'd read having a good add-on was a good starting point, and of course this was the recommendation. I think actually if more people would install it before launching into their pet battle adventures they'd be more interested - just, the bliz UI is !@#$e for pet battles lol. It's a work of art, imo.
Here's to the completion of my UI happening soon! Because, really really man, it ain't the same without it.
Im just glad Pokeman trainer is still working,lol
Updated this afternoon on curseforge.

Edit: Still not allowing pet swaps lol
Whomp Whomp
07/27/2018 03:20 PMPosted by Brawler
Whomp Whomp

That's the "PetTracker Swapper" part of the addon? I DL'd the update today enabled PetTracker Swapper since I had it disabled & still couldn't swap pets out, I could when it was disabled again.
07/27/2018 09:11 PMPosted by Ziv
07/27/2018 03:20 PMPosted by Brawler
Whomp Whomp

That's the "PetTracker Swapper" part of the addon? I DL'd the update today enabled PetTracker Swapper since I had it disabled & still couldn't swap pets out, I could when it was disabled again.

Latest version only has one addon (PetTracker), not any of the sub-addons.
07/28/2018 01:55 AMPosted by Gorta
Latest version only has one addon (PetTracker), not any of the sub-addons.

This has an interesting side effect. PetTracker_Switcher has PetTracker as a dependency. While PetTracker has been updated, PetTracker_Switcher hasn't and there's no mechanism for it to be automatically removed. (Twitch client may but I doubt it--I don't use it so can't test.)

So if you download and enable the new PetTracker and have the old PetTracker_Switcher and other modules in your AddOns folder, you'll get a cascade of errors and problems as the old stuff tries to load.

Solution: go to Interface\AddOns, remove all PetTracker folders (they don't contained saved data; that's in WTF), then re-download and install the latest PetTracker. It should fix switching problems.
I was so excited to see Pet Tracker was updated, alas it's NOT what it used to be.
The little window that used to pop up on the map beside the magnifying glass to type in a certain breed to look for is no longer there. I actually was NOT expecting PT to be updated until after August, unfortunately there is NO OTHER addon like PET Tracker so I guess the adage is true......... " Beggars Can't Be Choosey " Does anyone know if the sub-addons will be updated ?
07/28/2018 02:37 AMPosted by Çÿbêllë
Does anyone know if the sub-addons will be updated ?

From the Changelog page of PetTracker page:
"8.0.0 (barebones)
Updated for Battle for Azeroth
This is a barebones release!
Only the most basic features of PetTracker are running: Zone Tracker and World Map.
None of the submodules are included (Config, Breeds, etc).
World Map:
Pet pins are now also displayed on the Zone/Battlefield Map.
Any custom made map that uses the new internal map canvas drawing logic is now supported.
Zone Tracker
Fixed a positioning issue when only pets are being tracked."

So it sounds like this is just the first round of updates, and there will likely be additional updates down the road.
I only used to use PetTracker for the switcher part of it. Left the switcher part unchecked so I could switch out my pets. When the patch messed it up I would keep checking Twitch for updates.

First time I checked it didn't show up in the list of my own addons but in the "Get More Addons" section as if I didn't have it installed. Once I enabled "Switcher" it moved to my listed of addons on Twitch. I assumed that if PT was updated they both would. So I just switched to Derangement's Pet Battle Cooldowns until that breaks or Switcher's fixed lol
07/28/2018 02:37 AMPosted by Çÿbêllë
Does anyone know if the sub-addons will be updated ?

From the Changelog page of PetTracker page:
"8.0.0 (barebones)
Updated for Battle for Azeroth
This is a barebones release!
Only the most basic features of PetTracker are running: Zone Tracker and World Map.
None of the submodules are included (Config, Breeds, etc).
World Map:
Pet pins are now also displayed on the Zone/Battlefield Map.
Any custom made map that uses the new internal map canvas drawing logic is now supported.
Zone Tracker
Fixed a positioning issue when only pets are being tracked."

So it sounds like this is just the first round of updates, and there will likely be additional updates down the road.

Thanks for this I was really confuse why I wasn't able to find a /config command or something since by default it's showing me all the pets and atm I don't need any I just want this for BfA pets so I guess it's a module that will get updated soonTM :)
How do you turn OFF the 'pet pins'? It clutters up my world map something horrendous and I can't even see world quests through all the pet icons. I can't find any way to even access the commands for this addon as /pettracker doesn't open a dialog and it apparently doesn't show up in my addon management menu in Interface. All I can do is turn it off completely.

Nevermind. I got the latest version and it seems to have resolved the issue.

Mind you, I still have no idea how to access its commands.