ban me if you want

Battlegrounds
" Assist the guy up front chopping dudes down.
Peel the heal. "

the frost mage mandate :)
07/21/2018 03:47 PMPosted by Moäb
07/21/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Branol
but melee on ranged is !@#$ed up. i am going to start a protest on the forums.

Boo-hoo.

signed

happy warrior who can chase the mage who roots me 500 times and blinks 50 times and has a 5 second iceblock cd.

So much BS in this post. lol. Yea, go ahead and point out that i'm OP as well. I've been playing this gal since BC so I was Disc before it became cool. :o)
07/21/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Herc
07/21/2018 10:57 AMPosted by Tablex
The above posts hurt my brain, anecdotal evidence is very well, anecdotal. Just because you get blown up by range doesn't mean they're overpowered. Melee has strong representation this expansion, Cleave comps (two melee, one healer) are far more prominent this xpac than wizard comps (two caster, one healer) unlike previous xpacs.

Nobody, in any of the above posts, said anything about ranged being OP.
They're mostly pointing out that ranged are not sitting ducks like the common scrubs of the forum like to believe. They may take more awareness and effort than a melee might, but they can perform very well when played right and with a decent team.

Are you saying that Ranged classes shouldn't stay in one spot hardcasting Pyroblast? Yeah, next you'll tell me they have roots, slows, Polymorphs, freezes, knockbacks, disorients, stuns, escapes and even instant cast damage and cooldowns.

Lmao nice try, kid.
07/22/2018 08:09 AMPosted by Ayrianna

Lmao nice try, kid.

Are you saying that Ranged classes shouldn't stay in one spot hardcasting Pyroblast? Yeah, next you'll tell me they have roots, slows, Polymorphs, freezes, knockbacks, disorients, stuns, escapes and even instant cast damage and cooldowns.

Lmao nice try, kid.

wow just just named ccs from every single spec across all casters as if 1 spec and class has them all.
i guess youll charge to me, root me, fear me, stun me, grip me, slow me, freeze me too all the while still doing major dps to me while im doing nothing trying to escape you.

in all seriousness, melee have more mobility abilities than casters in a spec v spec, aside from paladin who atm can just kill you while your blink key is pressing.
with multiple charges and leaps, multiple grips and slows, and stuns + hard lockouts, melee is absolutely dominant in wow.
a caster can blow all his cds and not kill someone like a warr or dk, while they can 1 round a caster they caught in their cd burst unless the caster has played his defensive cds perfectly to escape. in which case he will still get caught and killed.

blizz have gave faerie swarm back to boomys which is one of the reasons youre seeing so many of them now because they actually have a chance against a melee with a disarm, and its a good start. if a mage can be totally locked by a melee, then a melee should be able to be disarmed by a mage. if every melee has a lockout, every caster should too.
07/22/2018 09:22 AMPosted by Féar

Lmao nice try, kid.

Lmao nice try, kid.

wow just just named ccs from every single spec across all casters as if 1 spec and class has them all.
i guess youll charge to me, root me, fear me, stun me, grip me, slow me, freeze me too all the while still doing major dps to me while im doing nothing trying to escape you.

in all seriousness, melee have more mobility abilities than casters in a spec v spec, aside from paladin who atm can just kill you while your blink key is pressing.
with multiple charges and leaps, multiple grips and slows, and stuns + hard lockouts, melee is absolutely dominant in wow.
a caster can blow all his cds and not kill someone like a warr or dk, while they can 1 round a caster they caught in their cd burst unless the caster has played his defensive cds perfectly to escape. in which case he will still get caught and killed.

blizz have gave faerie swarm back to boomys which is one of the reasons youre seeing so many of them now because they actually have a chance against a melee with a disarm, and its a good start. if a mage can be totally locked by a melee, then a melee should be able to be disarmed by a mage. if every melee has a lockout, every caster should too.

Too much truth and logic in your post.

Something that people fail to realize is that you can lock down a caster, you can't lock down most melee. So, it only takes ONE melee to lock down a caster, then the rest come in and blow the caster up in a second or two. Ranged don't have this ability.

In fact, the funny thing about melee mobility is that not only does it allow them to have more gap closers, it allows them more escapes from ranged. Best way to stop ranged damage is to out range them. Most ranged specs do not have 40 yard slows.
07/22/2018 06:51 AMPosted by Piperr
07/21/2018 03:47 PMPosted by Moäb

Boo-hoo.

signed

happy warrior who can chase the mage who roots me 500 times and blinks 50 times and has a 5 second iceblock cd.

So much BS in this post. lol. Yea, go ahead and point out that i'm OP as well. I've been playing this gal since BC so I was Disc before it became cool. :o)

Disc priests can't complain right now.
07/23/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Jdpp
07/22/2018 06:51 AMPosted by Piperr

Oh, i'm not complaining about my priest. I usually play my mage, but now mages can't even blink out of stuns any more. I used to just wait out a kidney shot or whatever paladins and warriors use.....not the case these days. I trinket and then ice block from time to time. After that I'm out of tricks other than frost nova. Yea as disc I can bubble spam, but once we're stunned there's not much we can do. Other than pain suppression of course.
07/23/2018 09:14 AMPosted by Piperr
07/23/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Jdpp

Oh, i'm not complaining about my priest. I usually play my mage, but now mages can't even blink out of stuns any more. I used to just wait out a kidney shot or whatever paladins and warriors use.....not the case these days. I trinket and then ice block from time to time. After that I'm out of tricks other than frost nova. Yea as disc I can bubble spam, but once we're stunned there's not much we can do. Other than pain suppression of course.

And yea I'm aware that rogues are the ones that use kidney shot. I'm just not familiar with the other melee classes as I usually just play casters.
07/21/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Herc
Yes. That is what I am protesting against. Your "ranged can do well" is subject to so many conditions, have you noticed?

1. more awareness
2. more effort
3. when played right
4. decent team required

You're protesting that ranged classes have to play at range in order to be decent..?
Those are not 4 individual or exclusive conditions, and conditions are not exclusive to ranged players.
1. Awareness - Ranged need to know their positioning and LoS. However, so does melee. If melee gets LoS'd from his own healers then he can get rekt pretty hard.
2. Effort - Knowing how to cc/slow and kite the melee players. But melee still requires effort as well. Have you tried gap closing on frost mages right now? They'll emote spam /rofl at you while blinking/rooting/sheeping you all day.
3. When played right - Yes, when you properly play as the role/class/spec that you chose. You think boomies running into melee range is being played right?
4. Decent team required - nobody wins BGs alone. If your team cannot support each other and synergize then you will lose regardless of whether you play range or melee. In the context of ranged players your team should understand that you need range or you'll get melee trained. In the context of melee players your team should understand that you may need more focused heals, defensive support (such as ironbark from resto druids), and cleanses from DoTs.
The above are just arbitrary examples to demonstrate that both ranged and melee each have their own set of concerns in a given "condition".

You're a ranged player. Stay at range. Stop getting close enough for melee to gap close you (no melee has 40 yard gap closers). If you're at a proper range and LoS then melee are not going to be able to get to you easily because they'll have to pass through the rest of your team and this will get them killed. This is Range 101.

Do you play ranged? Seems like you don't. Kiting isn't a thing anymore, and BGs revolve around objectives that you generally need to be close to to protect. So you kind of have to go to the objectives, which is where all the melee tends to be.
07/23/2018 09:28 AMPosted by Friendbears
Do you play ranged? Seems like you don't. Kiting isn't a thing anymore, and BGs revolve around objectives that you generally need to be close to to protect. So you kind of have to go to the objectives, which is where all the melee tends to be.

In randoms I would agree that kiting may be quite difficult. When your team is all individual-minded tunnelers then you lack the support necessary to be able to kite as well. If you're playing with teammates/friends then kiting is fairly easy because your team knows to peel and not let melee breeze through the front line.

????

Kiting is totally a thing still, mage here. Gotta use them slows too. If you are a warlock.... idk I have a lock but I'm usually dependent on my group when I play my lock because I'm rusty at it.
07/22/2018 05:50 AMPosted by Ebaye
Yea OP! On my hunter I always get pwned by melee. I mean, I just stand there and don't use my kit. But c'mon blizz. I don't wanna lose!

what kit? MM hunters are screwed against melee. they can take posthaste but lose binding shot. freezing trap? come on bro, fat lot of good that does against rogues and ferals or me. long cast times not to mention the fact that my prot spec I use to FC now has intimidating shout back and shockwave baseline plus spec into stormbolt. dragon charge, heroic leap. all MM has is disengage.