Remove Allied Race Rep Req

General Discussion
Besides all the other nonsense that should be addressed from 8.0, allied race rep requirements (the four we have now) should be removed or adjusted so everyone can get a chance to play them in BFA and future expansions, and not have to go to old content to time gate rep farm for weeks.
The only argument against it I repeatedly see is “no. I had to do it, so should you.” Well I had to spend 6 months (or around 9 days of play time) getting to level 60 back in the day, so should you?
The rep requirement made sense from a “hey here’s these races you can access a little early if you do the work.” But once the expansion releases, I really see no point in keeping the races behind rep. I did the work, and I am not against removing the requirements. At the very least there should be a tabard for players to earn rep through dungeons or something. Imagine if you had to do weeks of WoD content to play demon hunters? Makes sense....
I'm glad someone finally made a thread about this, as no one has ever raised this issue in General Discussion before.
07/19/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Tarc
I'm glad someone finally made a thread about this, as no one has ever raised this issue in General Discussion before.

Blizzard doesn’t listen to anything from the community, so maybe with enough voices they will be heard.
07/19/2018 08:01 PMPosted by Oxhorn

Blizzard doesn’t listen to anything from the community, so maybe with enough voices they will be heard.

No, they will just get your posts deleted for spam.
Nah, it doesn't take long to get exalted.

Put in the time or do without.
okay, i agree with this cus i dont want to grind out another rep. But what if they just had the rep available to pursue in higher level content?

And? Why isn't he allowed to continue to discuss it? You didn't have to open the thread if you don't like it.
No.
07/19/2018 07:47 PMPosted by Renataki
At the very least there should be a tabard for players to earn rep through dungeons or something.

okay you kinda said this already haha.
Besides all the other nonsense that should be addressed from 8.0, allied race rep requirements (the four we have now) should be removed or adjusted so everyone can get a chance to play them in BFA and future expansions, and not have to go to old content to time gate rep farm for weeks.
The only argument against it I repeatedly see is “no. I had to do it, so should you.” Well I had to spend 6 months (or around 9 days of play time) getting to level 60 back in the day, so should you?
The rep requirement made sense from a “hey here’s these races you can access a little early if you do the work.” But once the expansion releases, I really see no point in keeping the races behind rep. I did the work, and I am not against removing the requirements. At the very least there should be a tabard for players to earn rep through dungeons or something. Imagine if you had to do weeks of WoD content to play demon hunters? Makes sense....

nah
07/19/2018 08:03 PMPosted by Infernastorm
Nah, it doesn't take long to get exalted.

Put in the time or do without.

So you would like to go back to warlords of draenor right now and spend a month doing old content for current additions?
07/19/2018 08:08 PMPosted by Pistolith

nah

Great input, typical GD
07/19/2018 08:02 PMPosted by Meritha
07/19/2018 08:01 PMPosted by Oxhorn

Can we flag it for spam, all it seems to do is bring in the same 100 people half on level 2 accounts saying their same circle argument with no real concept on reading comprehension when people bring facts to counter their false assumptions/entitled attitudes
It shouldn’t be removed outright, it should just be however much rep is acquired from just doing the quest strings in the zone to completion.

If the quests get you to Honored, make it Honored.
07/19/2018 08:12 PMPosted by Keytothebenz
07/19/2018 08:02 PMPosted by Meritha

Can we flag it for spam, all it seems to do is bring in the same 100 people half on level 2 accounts saying their same circle argument with no real concept on reading comprehension when people bring facts to counter their false assumptions/entitled attitudes

How is it spam? It’d only be spam if the same person was repeatedly posting the same topic. Stop being ignorant