Mob Scaling

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 101 Next
07/25/2018 10:01 AMPosted by Ythisens
Hey guys! We've been discussing the continued concerns about the speed of leveling since the pre-patch and we have a couple of updates to share with you.

Since the pre-patch we've made a large number of hotfixes and changes to leveling content, and are continuing to find and fix bugs wherever possible. The intention was never to make leveling slower than it was in 7.3.5.

If you're still finding it slower that it was a couple of weeks ago after those hotfixes, specifics about where you are, what you're fighting, and what spec you're playing would be extremely helpful for identifying any remaining issues.

There is also a bit of weirdness at the moment with mob HP once you reach Legion content. Essentially due to de-powering the Artifact, we needed to make outdoor Legion mobs weaker than earlier content; otherwise, max level players would find themselves suddenly having a much harder time with outdoor world content such as World Quests. The development team realizes that this is resulting in a very jarring experience moving from Draenor to the Broken Isles, and plans to adjust Legion content to be more in-line with where it should be as leveling content in a future patch.

Thank you guys for your continued feedback on this!

This seems to imply that you'll be raising the HP of legion mobs. Is that the case?

I'm so confused, because the first part of your post says you don't want to make leveling harder than it was before, but the 2nd part seems to imply you'll raise HP on legion mobs to be more in line with the curve coming from WOD.
The intention was never to make leveling slower than it was in 7.3.5.

Nobody liked the XP rates in 7.3.5....

People on reddit have recorded taking nearly 2 hours per level. This a major problem in 60-80, it was in 7.3.5 and still is.

Someone also had 3 hours of instant queue dungeons to level up once..

This isn't really acceptable, I already had someone who I convinced to play WoW quit because of how long it was taking him.
Hey guys! We've been discussing the continued concerns about the speed of leveling since the pre-patch and we have a couple of updates to share with you.

Since the pre-patch we've made a large number of hotfixes and changes to leveling content, and are continuing to find and fix bugs wherever possible. The intention was never to make leveling slower than it was in 7.3.5.

If you're still finding it slower that it was a couple of weeks ago after those hotfixes, specifics about where you are, what you're fighting, and what spec you're playing would be extremely helpful for identifying any remaining issues.

There is also a bit of weirdness at the moment with mob HP once you reach Legion content. Essentially due to de-powering the Artifact, we needed to make outdoor Legion mobs weaker than earlier content; otherwise, max level players would find themselves suddenly having a much harder time with outdoor world content such as World Quests. The development team realizes that this is resulting in a very jarring experience moving from Draenor to the Broken Isles, and plans to adjust Legion content to be more in-line with where it should be as leveling content in a future patch.

I understand that it's Pre-Patch and things like this are going to happen. However I feel like my subscription time has been wasted during all of this. I rarely get enough time as it is to level a new character and when it finally happens, this happens and I get to enjoy spending hours to gain a few levels if that.

In my line of work if an issue that had an impact like this on the community was neglected on purpose in order to maintain a "deadline", I would more than likely be let go from the company.
they arnt going to really change it i dont think they can the stat squish really messed things up just boost and get to max level.120 levels is to much from 1-120.

if blizzard wants more people to come in to wow they need to make leveling 1-120 fast.people wont invest the time to level to 120 from start.unless thats their plan to make them buy chr boosts for $60 a pop.

BFA office meeting

blizzard boss says "hey guys we are going to make wow just $15 no need to buy expansions how do we make more money off of that?" some peon says "stat squish and make it so hard to level they will boost" blzzard boss says "promote this peon"
07/25/2018 10:23 AMPosted by Vaeana
07/25/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Mallunoth
"We will do damage control and sugar coat the problems, but the reality is we are making leveling harder so players buy boosts."

There, was that hard to say the truth?

Edit: also, time played, to look good for the bu$$ine$$ shareholders.

Take the tin foil off please, before.you hurt yourself.

So naive... Sub numbers have dropped and are undisclosed, yet they said the game is doing similar revenue when compared to times with more subs. Ever asked where the $ is coming from? In game services.
To the people at Blizzard who have a say in this;
Just go level 1 to 110 yourselves honestly. You'll most likely see what we're complaining about. ( monks are cheating, exp buff op :P )

Don't delegate it to QA (if you guys still have those) and assume everything is golden.
Peeps just wont be happy till they are given everything for free.

The issue isnt how long it takes to level, its the LACK of reward between large gaps of levels. Oh im lvl __ 4 more levels to go till I get something new.

This is why leveling shined before cata....and why no one likes to level. Consider each tier of skills as 2 levels in wrath....here those lvls got turned into 10 levels for the next tier. So in reality you only get 11 rewards for leveling in retail....in pre cata it was every couple of levels you got something...a stronger spell, training a skill point in your choice...ability to increase your weapons %. So the only thing that you got in large gaps was things like being able to queue, mounts....enter raids.
My perspective is strictly questing.

The combat pacing is fine, though i wish mobs were a bit more threatening (not speaking for dungeons).

Its not that questing is broken. Its just that Northrend and Outland have been left behind some, relative to newer quest mechanics and exp rewards. So now it feels out of place and not consistent.

It is faster to level WOD and Legion than it is Northrend and Outland, and it shouldn't be that way. WOD has the bonus objectives, treasures, xp pots from garrison. Legion has relatively short travel distance. Northrend/Outland doesn't have any of that so it takes much longer.

To make things consistent, Northrend/Outland quests should probably double the XP given.

Ideally level scaling would group Cata, Northrend, Outland, WoD, MoP, all 60-100
07/25/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Blasphemme

Shadow Priest - ALL OF THE LEVEL APPROPRIATE DUNGEONS AND QUESTS.

Things take FOREVER to kill. I'm putting up such a struggle for so little XP.

Oh you ain't kidding and I put this wonderful idea in my head to leveling one up. I'm stubborn beyond anything and will get it done but, OMG!!! lets not even talk about LFD and shadow priest in the lower levels, its just mind boggling the mess this class is in. Yes, even outdoor zones its a struggle to stay focused or even attempt to say to oneself, "This is fun!!" while pulling out my hair..
07/25/2018 10:31 AMPosted by Kénpachi
Peeps just wont be happy till they are given everything for free.

The issue isnt how long it takes to level, its the LACK of reward between large gaps of levels. Oh im lvl __ 4 more levels to go till I get something new.

This is why leveling shined before cata....and why no one likes to level. Consider each tier of skills as 2 levels in wrath....here those lvls got turned into 10 levels for the next tier. So in reality you only get 11 rewards for leveling in retail....in pre cata it was every couple of levels you got something...a stronger spell, training a skill point in your choice...ability to increase your weapons %. So the only thing that you got in large gaps was things like being able to queue, mounts....enter raids.

Which they obviously don't care about going forward because BFA is literally 10 levels of getting absolutely nothing because they couldn't be bothered to even add a 120 talent row or yknow.. something even remotely interesting.
Sorry my english is not the best.. can you explain what the blue mean?

Are they going to make legions mobs have more HP than before?

Are they trolling o my english is getting worse?
07/25/2018 10:21 AMPosted by Beps
Thanks for an actual response this time Ythisens. Unlike last time when you were discussing philosophy with the playerbase instead of acknowledging the elephant in the room.

Yeah the confusing thing about that thread yesterday was that it was about philosophy of feedback, but once I stated it it was quickly bombarded (understandably) with things that are currently issues.

07/25/2018 10:21 AMPosted by Beps
The issue is that it STARTED getting slower in 7.3.5.. Going back to 7.3.5 leveling is better than what we have now sure, but it's not what we want.

You're right the curve was adjusted to be smoother and a little bit slower in 7.3.5, so in comparison that would feel amazing, however that change was one that some players actually do enjoy. While its not what you want, some players did like that. I personally think it's slower and preferred it before the 7.3.5 patch(cause I'm the kind of player that wants to level really fast and just have more alts) but I understand why it was changed and recognize there are players that do like that change. I thought it felt equally jarring that someone could go from 1-100 in a matter of a few hours. The 7.3.5 patch felt like a solid middle ground between how it was in Classic/The Burning Crusade and to how it was pre 7.3.5 at least to me.
07/25/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Abidah

This seems to imply that you'll be raising the HP of legion mobs. Is that the case?

I'm so confused, because the first part of your post says you don't want to make leveling harder than it was before, but the 2nd part seems to imply you'll raise HP on legion mobs to be more in line with the curve coming from WOD.

that what's happen when people like OP select certain mobs to prove their point - anyone who has been doing legion wq all throughout knows it takes 2-3 times longer to kill mobs as it did two weeks ago.

Maybe WoD needs fixing but really so does Legion if their aim was to make Legion WQs the same as they were prior to 8.0.
07/25/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Nasix
I already had someone who I convinced to play WoW

You're not a friend if you did that. Next time tell them to bring lots of $$$cash$$$ for them level boost.
You're right the curve was adjusted to be smoother and a little bit slower in 7.3.5, so in comparison that would feel amazing, however that change was one that some players actually do enjoy. While its not what you want, some players did like that. I personally think it's slower and preferred it before the 7.3.5 patch(cause I'm the kind of player that wants to level really fast) but I understand why it was changed and recognize there are players that do like that change. I thought it felt equally jarring that someone could go from 1-100 in a matter of a few hours. The 7.3.5 patch felt like a solid middle ground between how it was in Classic/The Burning Crusade and to how it was pre 7.3.5 at least to me.

Who?

Who exactly are these people?
07/25/2018 10:21 AMPosted by Teranoid
07/25/2018 10:17 AMPosted by Saedi
It doesn’t even feel like they are listening. Draenor is an issue, so let’s buff Legion to justify how slow Draenor feels? That’s not what anyone asked for...

Which is why I just laugh whenever they're like "we'd like your feedback" on something. You don't want feedback Blizzard. You want a bunch of brainless sheep to just pat you on the back for your boneheaded design decisions and you sweep everything else under the rug.

I was once asked by my manager to get some feedback and ideas on how we could do better from my team (I was a Team Lead). I started asking my team as instructed and brought the feedback back to him. His response was,

"No.. you don't understand. I don't want new ideas for how we can do things. I want your team to come up with ideas that we're already doing."

I was like, "huh?"

That said, I get the picture that's the sort of feedback Blizz wants too.

If you want some numerical data, here you go.

Playing as a Nightborne Frost Mage
Current level: 93
/played: 2 days, 23 hours
Levels 20 to about 75 were with +50% exp from heirlooms, activated war mode at 75 for +60%
Quests completed: 1430
15 Dungeon Final Bosses killed

I've been grinding on this character hard to get them leveled up quickly, little time has been spent not actively questing.
I apologize if this is off topic, but has anyone looked at their adventures guide and looked at Attumen the Huntsman's ability "shared suffering" on heroic and mythic? Those numbers have to be a HUGE error. 3.5 mil on heroic and 5 mil on mythic.
You know, I did notice on my nightborne hunter the mobs' health in Grizzly Hills seemed to be pretty darn high. That on top of their deadly mechanics, and I just couldn't down them. I don't know if having other players in a party would have helped, unless said players included a tank and healer.
I'll tell ya what, people weren't kidding, leveling from 60-80 is a real drag. If it weren't for the fact I haven't done most of the quests in areas I'd never fully explored before and am therefore experiencing "new" stuff, it would be just damned awful. Can't wait to get to Pandaria and surge forward in leveling.
07/25/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Teranoid
You're right the curve was adjusted to be smoother and a little bit slower in 7.3.5, so in comparison that would feel amazing, however that change was one that some players actually do enjoy. While its not what you want, some players did like that. I personally think it's slower and preferred it before the 7.3.5 patch(cause I'm the kind of player that wants to level really fast) but I understand why it was changed and recognize there are players that do like that change. I thought it felt equally jarring that someone could go from 1-100 in a matter of a few hours. The 7.3.5 patch felt like a solid middle ground between how it was in Classic/The Burning Crusade and to how it was pre 7.3.5 at least to me.

Who?

Who exactly are these people?

the ones they wanted to listen to because it fits their business goals which mostly happened to btw want classic and will leave this game when it comes