Why can't we choose our faction?

General Discussion
Like why not have all races neutral and we can hand pick our faction?

To me it seems kinda stupid that race determines your faction.

Not every person in the race will agree with their forced faction.
I refuse to work with goblins.
I support this just because I can already see the threads of grumpy old orcs and tauren complaining about the even greater "elvishification" of their horde.
07/19/2018 07:58 PMPosted by Lunnaya

Seriously. Why didn't they invite any orcs to the Fellowship of the Ring?
They want you to be super loyal to factions, but don't allow you to pick them. It's nonsensical.

Why can't we pick the players who join our faction? Like, why not have all players be neutral and then we can hand pick which ones join our faction.

To me it seems kinda stupid that people can choose their own faction. Not every person in a faction will agree that someone else should just be allowed to join.
My only issue is how !@# all the horde allied races are compared to alliance... Our new elves have worse models than the OG Nightelf models... The orcs are a recolor, the tauren LITERALLY just have different antlers... The only thing remotely interesting are the muscular trolls.

Meanwhile alliance got an entire group of pirate humans, new void elves that are off the charts awesome looking, dwarves with complete new looks, and I think the only recolor boring one was the lightforged, but even they have insane racials... -_-'
07/19/2018 08:00 PMPosted by Andrraste
I support this just because I can already see the threads of grumpy old orcs and tauren complaining about the even greater "elvishification" of their horde.

We Tauren have many elven allies, but I would rather work with a bloodthirsty orc than give up my favorite gnome dinner.
07/19/2018 08:04 PMPosted by Cudlybear
We Tauren have many elven allies, but I would rather work with a bloodthirsty orc than give up my favorite gnome dinner.

Keep your friends close and your enemies (and food) closer.

Just remember, there are some members of the Alliance that love eating Gnomes too ^.^
07/19/2018 08:04 PMPosted by Diconius
My only issue is how !@# all the horde allied races are compared to alliance... Our new elves have worse models than the OG Nightelf models... The orcs are a recolor, the tauren LITERALLY just have different antlers... The only thing remotely interesting are the muscular trolls.

Meanwhile alliance got an entire group of pirate humans, new void elves that are off the charts awesome looking, dwarves with complete new looks, and I think the only recolor boring one was the lightforged, but even they have insane racials... -_-'

Wanna trade?

If you're a alliance player mostly, you'll get why alliance players are upset about the Alliance allied races

???

I chose alliance!
Why would I choose to work for the faction that wants to destroy my country, my people, my family and me ???
Would have been good for panadaria but if you were horde you couldn't choose alliance. The option would be garroshs horde of passive horde. Would have been interesting but you'd need a third faction that could be any race. Can't have humans and gnomes in orgrimmar as equals.
07/19/2018 08:08 PMPosted by Lunnaya

Wanna trade?

If you're a alliance player mostly, you'll get why alliance players are upset about the Alliance allied races

We get it Lunnaya, you have a nightborne mage but you hate the Horde. Believe me if we could choose the players that join our faction we certainly wouldn't choose you. I'm so sick of how sanctimonious you are. Ugh.
Meanwhile alliance got an entire group of pirate humans

Pirate? /Puke
More Humans?? //Puke²

void elve

Voidbelfs = Placebo for H.E.

dwarves with complete new looks,

... ZZzzzzZZZ ...
I agree. My Tauren would NEVER choose the Horde over the Alliance. The Horde's values are the opposite of the nature loving Tauren. My Tauren finds the Forsaken to be abominations against nature and would never accept them. My Tauren has more in common with the Nelfs. So why is my Tauren forced to side with the Horde?
07/19/2018 08:12 PMPosted by Momimfotm
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Wanna trade?

We get it Lunnaya, you have a nightborne mage but you hate the Horde. Believe me if we could choose the players that join our faction we certainly wouldn't choose you. I'm so sick of how sanctimonious you are. Ugh.

I'm saying a lot of the alliance is sick and tired of the human stuff. LFD don't bring anything new
You did choose your faction,
Alliance- Human,Dwarves,Gnomes,Night Elves, Dranei, Worgen, LF Dranei, Void Elves
Horde- Orc,Tauren,Troll,Undead,Goblins,Blood Elves, HM Tauren, Nightborne

When I chose my race I thought am I okay with this faction because the race I'm choosing is under this faction, so I chose faction at the same time.

Had I not been okay with my faction choice, I would have chosen a different race in the other faction.
Also, can any race be forsaken?
That awkward moment when I show up to Teldrassil

No, but those people who do will be supreme minorities. Like Anti-american Americans. You support what you know and those ethnic regions are ruled by the horde.