Blizzard Removed Grouping AddOns

General Discussion
I went to go find the latest World Quest Group Finder update and found this instead.

World Quest Group Finder was an addon designed to find or create groups for
world quests with a single click

Blizzard removed the ability to create and join groups through an addon in WoW 8.0.

Thank you for your support during Legion, we had a great time!

- Robou
This is the biggest thing in the patch that upset me. I used that a-lot, and i met some neat people through it.

Blizzards group finder is archaic, and dated =(

Let those addons work once more Blizzard...
They took out right clicking quests to join a group as well which was built into the default UI.

You actually have to go type in the name of the quest you want manually now.
Remember that game that encouraged grouping with people? It's gone now.
Blizzard detected fun.

Blizzard detected people grouping up to do content.

Blizzard detected people farming rep to unlock allied races.

Blizzard dropped the hammer on it and shattered it.

So better run the Warframe for Argus elite WQs. Cause once BFA comes out argus will be mostly a ghost town. Aside from those stuck grinding world quests for Void Elves/Lightforged Draenei.
I just don't get Blizzard. There was no reason to remove this funtion, and from their own UI no less. I've given up trying to make/find groups for world quests, and just end up doing everything by myself. Thanks Blizzard, for actually making the game LESS social.

On another note, I had to try posting this 3 freaking times because apparently even the forums are having problems. Get your crap together, Blizzard.
07/20/2018 01:35 AMPosted by Angrypillows
I just don't get Blizzard. There was no reason to remove this funtion, and from their own UI no less. I've given up trying to make/find groups for world quests, and just end up doing everything by myself. Thanks Blizzard, for actually making the game LESS social.

On another note, I had to try posting this 3 freaking times because apparently even the forums are having problems. Get your crap together, Blizzard.

Sure there was a reason.

They need to increase that precious Time Played metric.
07/20/2018 01:27 AMPosted by Azuremi
They took out right clicking quests to join a group as well which was built into the default UI.

If this is true then I am upset with blizzard. That addon was cool. I like pressing buttons to find a group for me. Not typing groups up waiting for replies and seeeing all the denies or clicking too late!!!

They get rid of good stuff that make the game fun.
Nailed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0qIvYXdQu8&feature=youtu.be
I noticed there were only a handful of groups when I was leveling my alt. Usually I can always find a group for a WQ but due to the addon missing, a lot of people I guess don't even bother.

Really sad, made the world smaller for me.
They probably stopped it from working because of warmode. Players being phased out from one another in open world is lame and they know it.
Blizzard just really didn’t like people zoning into a WQ area, let the addon find a group for them, and them not having to do any work for the reward.

It’s a game. You should play it, but automate it.
07/20/2018 01:27 AMPosted by Azuremi

Oh no. The very thing I've been doing since ever. I just hope the addon that let me press spacebar to turn in quests still works.
07/20/2018 05:17 AMPosted by Xuen
Blizzard just really didn’t like people zoning into a WQ area, let the addon find a group for them, and them not having to do any work for the reward.

If that was the case why did they remove the right click join group option built into the default UI?

That isn’t automated, no addins involved.
Luckily I never used those addons so it didn’t effect me.
This annoyed me. I don’t mind the addon going poof, but why take out the ease of use button that was in game? Scrolling through the list of quest isn’t horrible and I used it several times yesterday, but why? When you had a system in game that was faster and easier.
07/20/2018 01:25 AMPosted by Animagi
I went to go find the latest World Quest Group Finder update and found this instead.

[quote]
World Quest Group Finder was an addon designed to find or create groups for
world quests with a single click

Blizzard removed the ability to create and join groups through an addon in WoW 8.0.

Thank you for your support during Legion, we had a great time!

- Robou

Time to break raiderio and wowlogs Blizz!
07/20/2018 05:28 AMPosted by Sinikata
This annoyed me. I don’t mind the addon going poof, but why take out the ease of use button that was in game? Scrolling through the list of quest isn’t horrible and I used it several times yesterday, but why? When you had a system in game that was faster and easier.

You do know there is a search feature in LFG right.....
07/20/2018 05:25 AMPosted by Anarchy
07/20/2018 05:17 AMPosted by Xuen

If that was the case why did they remove the right click join group option built into the default UI?

That isn’t automated, no addins involved.

That functionality is what enabled the World Quest addons to function. By removing that functionality, they broke the addons.

I'd be surprised it if didn't come back in some form in 8.1 when there's a more elegant solution worked out.
07/20/2018 01:29 AMPosted by Elenazensh
Blizzard detected people grouping up to do content.

Lol

Its possible that they detected an addon that made it easy to exploit group mechanics to reduce quest requirements.

Or what you said.