PvP Disqualification Policy Update

Arenas
As part of our continued efforts to combat cheating and unfair play in World of Warcraft, we’ve recently made a change to our policies regarding PvP disqualifications.

As of the Battle for Azeroth Pre-Patch, any player who is found to have engaged in unfair practices that result in their disqualification from end-of-season PvP rewards will also have their ability to queue for rated PvP matches immediately revoked. This restriction will continue through the remainder of the season in which they were disqualified, which includes the current “Post-Season” available until Battle for Azeroth launches.

This change is intended to minimize the impact that disqualified players have on those who are playing legitimately while the PvP season continues, and is just one aspect of our ongoing commitment to upholding the competitive integrity of World of Warcraft PvP.
Yay
Bravo! Encore!
wow, I thought bornakk was dead
Lol you know there will be nothing but positive comments about this :) basically anyone that disagrees would be one of those cheaters :)
Bornakk!
07/20/2018 05:44 PMPosted by Ðiesel
Lol you know there will be nothing but positive comments about this :) basically anyone that disagrees would be one of those cheaters :)

I disagree. I don't think this goes far enough. Maybe this should be a first time offense action, but why aren't we suspending or even terminating accounts that are found in unfair practices?

Just so we're on the same page, what does Blizzard consider "unfair practices?"

Certainly buying rating should be included. Correct?
07/20/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Kiekö

As far as I understand selling carries is perfectly ok as it is in a raiding setting as long as you only sell them for gold and there is no account sharing etc!
07/20/2018 05:50 PMPosted by Kimothy

As far as I understand selling carries is perfectly ok as it is in a raiding setting as long as you only sell them for gold and there is no account sharing etc!

Right. A lot of streamers have been live streaming their boosts/coaching on Twitch, etc., and have had no repercussions due to the fact they're only excepting gold payments. But I am also interested to hear more on their "unfair practices" terminology and what it entails.
07/20/2018 05:50 PMPosted by Kimothy

Raiding is a PVE thing, not a PVP thing though, which is what they're talking about here.
Rating is a PVP/Arena thing if I remember correctly.
Sounds good
Won’t these disqualified player simply disrupt non-rated PvP instances?
it should be any kind of cheating in any setting
I disagree. I don't think this goes far enough. Maybe this should be a first time offense action, but why aren't we suspending or even terminating accounts that are found in unfair practices?

Just because they're filthy cheaters, does that mean they should be banned from experiencing the entire game after one bad decision? I think it's best to exclude them from where they can do the most harm, rated matches. If they cheat or harass in casual pvp they'll surely be banned eventually.

Just so we're on the same page, what does Blizzard consider "unfair practices?"

I'm pretty sure the ToS and EULA could clear that up if you were inclined to read them. If they're TL;DR then a good rule of thumb is "cheating in rated pvp". But I know, you weren't really asking you were just being facetious.
07/20/2018 06:21 PMPosted by Abigall
it should be any kind of cheating in any setting

I agree, any setting. If you're cheating on your trusting spouse and Blizzard finds out, you can GTFO you slimeball.
What in the world is unfair practices? That's super vague. I feel kinda scared to do anything lol.. Some clarification would be awesome.
It was a couple years back iirc (WoD maybe) but Lore said basically that for some psychological reason, suspensions and other “minor” penalties for cheaters is actually more effective at getting people to quit than outright bans (where they just go buy a new game)
That's dope, can you comment on when post-season gear will drop before BFA? Cause I can't really gear anyone atm in current BGs.
Wow that's uniquely harsh, but I imagine a needed way to deal with this problem!
I don't believe there are any pvp equivalents that wouldn't just net you a ban, but bravo for Blizzard stepping up on this matter for PVP.
Good Idea, i like it. Just hope it never happens to someone innocent though. =)