Resto doing more than Ele?

Shaman
Why does Ele do less damage than Resto?

Lava Burst, Lighting Bolt and Chain Lighting?
It doesn't. You're doing something wrong. Ele is not terrible as people are saying. The talents aren't great and don't have much synergy but I can pull 2.8-3.5k with 225 item level.

Now PVP is a different story and it's terrible.
07/20/2018 10:06 PMPosted by Fuzzywuzz
It doesn't. You're doing something wrong. Ele is not terrible as people are saying. The talents aren't great and don't have much synergy but I can pull 2.8-3.5k with 225 item level.

Now PVP is a different story and it's terrible.

wrong... resto does do more damg on those abilities, now whether or not resto sham can pull higher dps im not sure havnt tested those numbers... but i have seen multiple instances of disc priests doing higher dps than ele on BFA 120 which is the real problem.

If you think ELE is not terrible right now, you sir do not main ELE...
This is just leveling.. but scaling wise.. Restos abilities do twice the dmg that ele does. something seems off or wrong
Those abilities have done more as resto for the last several expansions because ele has overloads, procs and a high damage spender (earth shock) which make of more of their damage than the face value of LB and LvB.
RIP elemental shaman, the mobility is gone now too with no gust of wind.
Resto does more damage on those specific abilities... but they have no spenders/overload to follow up with... duh
Yep and resto mastery does nothing for dps. This is intentional so that people have the option to level as resto if they want to. It may feel more bursty but your overall dps will be lower and cast times will be higher
Elemental is in a sad state and it makes me sad.

While not unexpected, it still sucks that Blizzard seems to break Elemental any chance they get.

I personally mained Elemental from BC up to the end of WoD & loved it, I just wish they could bring it back to what it was and leave it alone.

I love the play style of the class. When you can't compete numbers wise with almost any other spec in the game though....it really becomes disheartening.
07/21/2018 04:36 AMPosted by Tolvashoc
Those abilities have done more as resto for the last several expansions because ele has overloads, procs and a high damage spender (earth shock) which make of more of their damage than the face value of LB and LvB.

This ^
The base damage is higher so that resto can go out and solo quests without the need of a tank or another dps. But when it comes to actual dps in fights and in dungeons, it wont compare to ele.
Elemental is a weaker spec than resto.

Resto does more damage and healing then elemental. Assuming both are support specs ...

You're a better support as resto than ele.

Ele can only get like 5 or 6 healing surges off before they run oom and their DPS sucks.

Resto heals better than ele and does good sustain damage compared to ele.

Ele is a failed support class. Resto is a better stronger support class.
individually resto does more damage, overall dps ele does more...not by much, so roll resto and you can sub in for both healer and dps making it a more viable spec then ele in all situations
Not sure if this is a troll thread...

Elemental's versions of lava burst and lightning bolt do less damage, but all of the supporting abilities and the mastery eclipse that difference.
elementals issue is low damage plain and simple.i dont believe blizzard on we cant do anything until 8.1.
The problem on Beta and live now is that Elementals damage is so low after all the nerfs Restoration is a better dps even without the spenders and mastery.
I just wish flame shock for Ele lasted as long as it did for Resto.

I also wish the base proc chance on flame shock for an instant lava burst was the same for Ele as it was for Resto.

The numbers being higher don't bother me. The mechanics being better do.
07/23/2018 03:10 AMPosted by Akston

I also wish the base proc chance on flame shock for an instant lava burst was the same for Ele as it was for Resto.

all you guys only seam to care about is a 6 sec cd?the flame shock the world was only added in legion flame shock always had a cd through out wow.did most of you only play elemental in legion???
[quote="207647780416"]I just wish flame shock for Ele lasted as long as it did for Resto.

Did you even read what you are quoting?
07/23/2018 08:22 AMPosted by Thanen
07/23/2018 03:10 AMPosted by Akston

all you guys only seam to care about is a 6 sec cd?the flame shock the world was only added in legion flame shock always had a cd through out wow.did most of you only play elemental in legion???

The guy you’re responding to didn’t say anything about the flame shock cd.

But it is a problem that is especially relevant in pvp. We used to gain 70% haste buff when flame shock was dispelled, now we just wait 6 seconds to do relevant damage. Sure you may be able to hex, icefury or tickle with lightning bolt in the meantime, but it feels bad. Before we had the haste buff, lava burst actually nuked, so it was balanced in that regard. In pve it limits our target swapping a bit and number of surge procs, less of an issue than for pvp imo.

One thing I am enjoying is big earth shocks, they feel better than in legion although I’m not sure if they’re actually hitting harder with the scaling. But even those moments are far between given low maelstrom generation.

The problem is they gave us the spread flame shock, gust of wind, 3proc Stormkeeper etc. then took it all away and force us to make bad talent decisions. It’s fine that we didn’t have this stuff in the past, but it feels really bad to have them taken away with nothing interesting replacing them.

I personally don’t think a numbers buff would be enough to make me enjoy the spec. Shaman has been my main since Vanilla and Ele has been my main spec since WotLK. There’s been highs and lows throughout, but the design for BFA is pushing me towards other classes, at least until 8.1