BG still dropping 176 ilvl after maintenance

Battlegrounds
07/24/2018 09:54 AMPosted by Vizer
07/24/2018 09:51 AMPosted by Jugajr
Did people see, somewhere, that they said BGs would drop higher ilvl?

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21931802

While there will not be any end-of-season rewards such a mount, title, or Conquest to earn, players will be able to gain catch-up gear that will be rewarded from strongboxes.

Yea, sounds like from rated pvp.
they also stealth nerfed the drop rate of gladiator variant gear from winning bgs and they seem to no longer exist from pvp wq's
I did a few bgs yesterday. Somewhere between 8-10. I only got 4 wins, but I got a 210 piece, 4x 192 pieces, and one 176 peice.

Based on this thread I'd say I was lucky, but this was a a decently geared character so only the 210 was an upgrade. One of the 192s I can switch between specs so that was okay.
07/24/2018 10:27 AMPosted by Roshambö
I did a few bgs yesterday. Somewhere between 8-10. I only got 4 wins, but I got a 210 piece, 4x 192 pieces, and one 176 peice.

Based on this thread I'd say I was lucky, but this was a a decently geared character so only the 210 was an upgrade. One of the 192s I can switch between specs so that was okay.

How many of those were 'Gladiator' vs 'Combatant' ?
They talked as though catch up gear would be available to everyone immediately. Then there was literally no gear at all. THEN, the disappointing worse-than-world-quest gear was back. Someone in game opened a ticket and was told the catch up gear would be available Tuesday (today), alluding to the fact that there is indeed catch up gear.

And now it turns out that the catch up gear is either only for rated (because they're not geared enough), or, even better, just the regular old season 7 gear? What a wild ride it has been.
210 is Gladiators. Trinket 192 was gladiators. The rest I vendored quickly so I'm assuming it was combatants. Are combatant gears blue quality? If so, they were gladiators as well

210 is warforged though.
Buddy and I (causal pvp only) decided to dip out until the 14th. Looking forward to BFA for sure. Current random BGs are horribly unfun without gear or a means for a casual pvper to get gear.

It's a prepatch with no gear.
Templates gone.
See you on the 14th!
07/24/2018 11:02 AMPosted by Roshambö
210 is Gladiators. Trinket 192 was gladiators. The rest I vendored quickly so I'm assuming it was combatants. Are combatant gears blue quality? If so, they were gladiators as well

210 is warforged though.

You should be obliterating those items instead of vendoring, gives you echoes of battle which are used to buy ilvl 205 pvp gear.

And yeah 2 gladiators items in that few of bgs, you were lucky. I've gotten 2 gladiator variant items in 50+ bgs since prepatch
ROFL I just noticed they stealth nerfed the boosted 110 weapon, was 210 earlier is now 185

Guess I can actually use my artifact weapon now xd
07/24/2018 11:15 AMPosted by Moäb
07/24/2018 11:02 AMPosted by Roshambö

210 is warforged though.

You should be obliterating those items instead of vendoring, gives you echoes of battle which are used to buy ilvl 205 pvp gear.

And yeah 2 gladiators items in that few of bgs, you were lucky. I've gotten 2 gladiator variant items in 50+ bgs since prepatch

I did obliterate them actually. Just kinda said vendored to be quick about it. But here I am making a whole new post lol. Unfortunately that only got me like 4 echoes somehow. So I'm not much closer to a piece.

Anyways yea it felt lucky.
07/24/2018 12:35 PMPosted by Roshambö
07/24/2018 11:15 AMPosted by Moäb

I did obliterate them actually. Just kinda said vendored to be quick about it. But here I am making a whole new post lol. Unfortunately that only got me like 4 echoes somehow. So I'm not much closer to a piece.

Anyways yea it felt lucky.

Gladiator variant should have been 15.

Apparently they hot fixed the dark shore wq's to drop 210 instead of 190.

Did pvp items receive the same treatment?
BGs will NEVER reward meaningful gear EVER again. The reason the bot program died is because BGs stopped giving gear worth caring about thus no one bought the bot anymore.

Blizzard cannot stop the bot, so their solution is to make BGs as unrewarding as possible.
07/24/2018 09:29 AMPosted by Jugajr
If you level a toon to 110 then this is catch up gear.

Hush. There’s a time for rational discourse and there’s a time for torches and pitchforks.

Wait, this is WoW.

BURN THE WITCH!!!
New world quests give 195 gear
new world quest giving me 210ilvl now
the point isnt if its meaningful gear, it was announced to be catch up gear.
07/24/2018 02:35 PMPosted by Sixnburn
the point isnt if its meaningful gear, it was announced to be catch up gear.

Yeah but this gear was there all season long, they just removed it for a week and added it back.
I got four pieces yesterday. One was 225, another was 215 or so and the other were in the 180’s, 190”s. The two higher ones were gladiator
07/24/2018 03:33 PMPosted by Gormog
I got four pieces yesterday. One was 225, another was 215 or so and the other were in the 180’s, 190”s. The two higher ones were gladiator

Warforged, Titanforged or base? Because I've only seen crappy 170 drop from randoms.

Funnily enough, they hotfixed the new WQ's in Darkshore in a matter of hours to be 210 yet this has been going on for well over a week.
I did a few BGs but if the reward is 176 ilvl I can just wait till BFA. Was hoping for some exciting gear going into BFA. The few BGs were a lot more fun but yea there needs to be some much better Gear rewards if players are going to do it.

The catch up gear should be at least 220 ilvl and a chance to roll 240+. That would be catch up gear.

Anything less than 220 ilvl is a joke. That isn't catch up gear.