Why do people think MoP was bad?

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next
It wasn't bad. Like most of the last 5 pages have said, it was one of WoW's better expansions. I loved Chen Stormstout's bonus campaign in War3, so I was really happy to finally see the Pandaren in WoW.

The gated daily content got old fast, and having to deal with no content after Siege of Orgrimmar for over a year was painful, but the expansion overall was really good. Way better than Cata or WoD on either side of it. Frankly I never understood the player's hatred of the Pandaren. They were in Warcraft's lore long before Kung-Fu Panda ever came out.

Fun Fact: The Pandaren were originally going to be the Alliance race in BC before Blizzard came up with the Draenai.
Before 5.2 there was four major problems.
1. Pre-raid gear was locked behind a rep grind. If you wanted the best gear to start raiding, you had to grind rep in multiple factions. With that gear replaced within one or two raid runs.
2. If you wanted crafting patterns, you again had to grind rep in multiple factions.
3. Each reputation advancement, opened up more dailies. Golden Lotus rep ended up with three sets of dailies. The reward for doing dailies was more dailies.
4. The first raid bosses had typical gear checks. It was nearly required to grind rep for starter gear, so you could down the first raid bosses.

Patch 5.2 did fix many of the problems.
MoP was probably my favorite expansion. I always chalked up the hate toward MoP to people's dislike of pandas, which says more about them than the expansion itself.
Kids got on the "panda's are bad" train...it was the "cool" thing to do. MoP at the time and still 'til this day is one of my favorite expansions (I've been around for them all.)
07/23/2018 07:13 PMPosted by Tresska
MoP was amazing, I would do a MoP 2 expansion. Many though didnt like the Asiatic theme.

The landscape, music, and story are in my opinion some of the best in the game if not the best. The armor was good but the weapons kinda sucked.
1: Panda's (Not my WoW mentality)
2: Daily quest
3: SoO lasted 14 months
4: PvP CC train.

- Mist is still my all time fav xpac, loved the music the raids and the class design was amazing.
07/23/2018 07:03 PMPosted by Zën
I'm just curious as to why.

Everyone I know, myself included, thinks it was the best WoW expansion in the history of the game.

Your mileage may vary based on how obsessed you are with the whole panda thing. My pandaren monk forgives you.
07/23/2018 07:07 PMPosted by Wiccan
No idea; Mists of Pandaria is (in my opinion) the best Expansion Blizzard has ever worked on. It was beautiful; the sounds & music near perfection; the story was a well balanced mixture of silly & sober serious. It was original.

11/10
Ditto

I loved MoP. To date, Jade Forest is my favorite zone in all of Wow.
MoP was the only expansion I didn't play because I stopped playing halfway through Cata and didn't return until WoD.

I regret it. I enjoyed leveling through the zones and soloing the raids on my max level characters.

My favorite zone is Dread Wastes. The Klaxxi are cool.
Personally I wanted another race besides Pandas. I love Asian lore but Pandas came at a bad time for me so I left. I've been through the zones and they are beautiful but wrong time to pop it imo.
07/23/2018 07:05 PMPosted by Soots
Dailies

MoP was an awesome expansion in my opinion. People took issue with Pandas, the theme, and the story. The major issue with MoP while it was current, was the dailies on dailies just to unlock more dailies. It was more than excessive.
07/24/2018 06:11 AMPosted by Kaath
Before 5.2 there was four major problems.
1. Pre-raid gear was locked behind a rep grind. If you wanted the best gear to start raiding, you had to grind rep in multiple factions. With that gear replaced within one or two raid runs.
2. If you wanted crafting patterns, you again had to grind rep in multiple factions.
3. Each reputation advancement, opened up more dailies. Golden Lotus rep ended up with three sets of dailies. The reward for doing dailies was more dailies.
4. The first raid bosses had typical gear checks. It was nearly required to grind rep for starter gear, so you could down the first raid bosses.

Patch 5.2 did fix many of the problems.

This.

You also forgot to mention how boring scenarios were, but that they were the optimal way to grind out valor or whatever the currency was called for upgrades.
My favorite xpac bar none.
07/23/2018 07:03 PMPosted by Zën
I'm just curious as to why.

I cant figure it out.
MoP has the most personality of any part of this game.
MoP was the 2nd best expac
07/23/2018 07:07 PMPosted by Wiccan
No idea; Mists of Pandaria is (in my opinion) the best Expansion Blizzard has ever worked on. It was beautiful; the sounds & music near perfection; the story was a well balanced mixture of silly & sober serious. It was original.

11/10

1,000,000 thumbs up.
07/23/2018 07:09 PMPosted by Meritha
Because Pandas.

Note: I don't agree with it. MoP was one of my favorite expansions, if not the favorite, but what I heard then (and now) was lol KungFu Panda.

This. Plus SoO going on for way too long and dailies.
The dailies were the worst at the beginning but they made it more bearable later. It wasn't necessarily dailies that were the issue though it was the gear rewards being locked behind rep that kind of annoyed me at the start.

I have no problems with Pandaren. My horde shaman is one. I think it's a dumb reason to label MoP was a bad expansion though. It was hands down my favorite. *shrug*
07/24/2018 06:20 AMPosted by Nasix
1: Panda's (Not my WoW mentality)
2: Daily quest
3: SoO lasted 14 months
4: PvP CC train.

- Mist is still my all time fav xpac, loved the music the raids and the class design was amazing.

Yeah the cc train was a bit ridiculous lol. But tbh I feel as a caster or healer that's always the case anyhow. But it was pretty bad in MoP. Thankfully I don't PvP much.
07/24/2018 06:33 AMPosted by Yonbi
You also forgot to mention how boring scenarios were

They were awesome IMO. Short, sharp, fun and able to be stuck into the queue with LFR so you could do a scenario then be instantly popped into the raid.

They got so much right in MoP. And they have nuked so much of it since :(
Personally I thought the graphics and landscape scenery was one of the best expansions.