"MM hunter is unplayable"

Arenas
https://i.imgur.com/UmdnziL.jpg
They are though, this is just filed under one of the 474 things labeled "will only happen at 110 in this disgusting prepatch". Really though, MM at 120 is laughable.

Btw nerf rogues.
This only happens in prepatch, and outside of these gimmicks the spec offers nothing in PvP.
even if they are good in bfa, who cares
the design is trash
should bring back wotlk mm
someone hasn't seen 120
the spec is awfully designed and has no way to reliably cc, it's like destro lock without the oomph
Seen a rogue and MM hunter instant kill healers...Aimed Shot maybe flying under the radar. I'm watching you hunters!
"this only happens in prepatch -> to every class except rogues"
OMG NERF ROGUES 50MILLION LEVELING TO 120 OW

its like people suddenly forgot previous prepatches where rogues dominated then were garbage at release even though everyone screams "but but beta!"
07/24/2018 05:17 AMPosted by Solz

its like people suddenly forgot previous prepatches where rogues dominated then were garbage at release even though everyone screams "but but beta!"

Let's play spot the rogue main.
07/24/2018 05:22 AMPosted by Rombill

Let's play spot the rogue main.

Its just sort of a baseless claim every expansion there are plenty of things scaling a certain way on beta then live hits and its like whaaaa i thought this did the deeps.
Would not even be shocked if Brewmasters randomly became op as balls once bfa hits.

Except Rogues have some sort of broken mechanic or absurdly overpowered scaling in EVERY EXPANSION.
Rogues are still op at 120 though.

Because rogues 1 shot people at 120 as well as prepatch. MM hunter is just a gimmick spec at 110 with Careful Aim+Double Tap on a target that hasn't been attacked yet.

07/24/2018 04:27 AMPosted by Mcfaceroller
Seen a rogue and MM hunter instant kill healers...Aimed Shot maybe flying under the radar. I'm watching you hunters!

It's not under the radar, pmuch any hunter knows that MM can do one shot openers on prepatch because of all the aimed shot modifiers. Most hunters are not wasting time because it is not possible at 120, because Aimed Shot doesn't do this. MM is so poorly designed that it is useless unless it just one shots people like it does on prepatch, due to bad damage mechanics for PvP, and very weak utility.

This is unlike say rogues who have high damage, but also have very solid toolkits.
So you let a mm cast aimed shot when you're above 80% hp? Well deserved death.
07/24/2018 07:52 AMPosted by Nexxynex

There's nothing to do about these aimed shots, they're double tapping out of camo and you cannot avoid it on live. Aimed shot doesn't do this outside of the opener on a target you have not attacked but it does not matter since they instantly die here.
07/24/2018 07:55 AMPosted by Dillon
07/24/2018 07:52 AMPosted by Nexxynex

There's nothing to do about these aimed shots, they're double tapping out of camo and you cannot avoid it on live. Aimed shot doesn't do this outside of the opener on a target you have not attacked but it does not matter since they instantly die here.

Dilly, would you mind recording a small handful of games on beta as MM to show people what MMs performance in the hands of someone with your experience actually looks like at 120?

It's really hard to say that where we're still in Legion, where the first legion blizzcon involved a tournament where 95% of teams literally benched their mains to play Mut Rogues, some of which have never even played one before.

Rogues are still 1 shotting on beta. MM hunters while twinked to oblivion at 110, are barely viable at 120.
Dilly, would you mind recording a small handful of games on beta as MM to show people what MMs performance in the hands of someone with your experience actually looks like at 120?

Lmao that sounds pretty miserable, if I did something like that I'd probably just show damage numbers and the rest of the toolkit so people would understand that out of the stupid 1 shots you're a worthless spec. I think reading spellbook and talents for like 2 minutes would show most people why it's like that though.
Haha that was me goofing around on my hunter alt. With all the RMP out there it’s fun to turn the tables for a bit. Will probably be playing survival at 120 though when I eventually level the hunter. MM is incredibly thin outside of the 110 one shot like Dilly pointed out.
o dang, an imgur with prepatch numbers when we're 10 levels lower than max level

gotteem

MM design is absolutely miserable
mm would be able to do this damage at 120 if they had 30% mastery and a lot more agility

however this isnt the case at 120, i havent stacked mastery yet but i dont think we'll even get close to 20%
07/24/2018 12:40 PMPosted by Ryutiz
mm would be able to do this damage at 120 if they had 30% mastery and a lot more agility

however this isnt the case at 120, i havent stacked mastery yet but i dont think we'll even get close to 20%

Judging by the projected tier numbers, by the time we're at the last two seasons HP will almost triple from launch as well. So without mechanic changes, it's looking like we'll scale poorly going forward as well.