Worst pre expansion event ever

General Discussion
Well....a couple quests with boring unrewarding WQs.

Legion we got invasions all over Azeroth with gear and xmog and we could even level our alts with them.

Has blizzard really that empty they had no better ideas for a pre patch event that more time gated quests?.

Why did I resub.
They said that they weren’t going to have an event like Legions pre patch this time around because people abused the crap out of it. Don’t get me wrong, it was awesome, but it did make leveling an absolute joke and it didn’t serve the lore at all. Not sure why you are so surprised seeing as they revamped the entire leveling system they are going to want players to level through the old content not just random invasions and get 110 in 10 hours playtime.
I am honestly surprised there wasn't even a cutscene...
I agree. The experience so far has been very lackluster. I honestly expected a lot more.
07/24/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Flossidan
Not sure why you are so surprised seeing as they revamped the entire leveling system they are going to want players to level through the old content not just random invasions and get 110 in 10 hours playtime.

That is totally a factor. They don't want you to be able to unlock heritage armor by afking over an event for 10 hours.
They said that they weren’t going to have an event like Legions pre patch this time around because people abused the crap out of it. Don’t get me wrong, it was awesome, but it did make leveling an absolute joke and it didn’t serve the lore at all. Not sure why you are so surprised seeing as they revamped the entire leveling system they are going to want players to level through the old content not just random invasions and get 110 in 10 hours playtime.

I really don't see what the problem with taking advantage of the system. What you call abuse, I call fun. Right now, I have absolutely no reason to log in. With the Legion events, I was spending a great deal of time having fun with the invasions.
There are several problems with this launch event:

1) It is shallow and lacking in content. Half of it is gated for what feels like no reason at all.

2) It is aimed at max level characters.

3) It doesn't live up to the hype of the previous launches.

I was worried when BfA was announced that it wouldn't live up to Legion. I'm still reserving my judgment for next month, but all signs point to "filler." I don't understand why Blizzard is allowing the momentum they gained with Legion to slow down. Was Legion too costly for the amount of money WoW makes? I would GLADLY pay more monthly just so BfA can be as good as Legion was.
07/24/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Amaelyn
I am honestly surprised there wasn't even a cutscene...

It took away from the game play, as said by "many" compliments from the past.

What we have today is collected player complaints gathered since WotLK prepatch. A player created problem.

Reap what you sow.
Careful for what you wish for, you might just get it.
I expected what we got, and I knew people would be disappointed, but even in Legion prepatch the quests were very short. It was the invasions, currency, loot and xp people focused on and took up most time. I think the only thing that they could have done better was add a cutscene to both factions questing time gate ending, and made the weapons from the world quests a new skin and higher level, about 210. If they had done that, it would have gone over better, because people would want to get the new skins for the weapons and some would benefit from the higher item level.
Many of the sentiments above. Legion felt like "PLEASE HELP THE WORLD IS ON GREEN FIRE". But with a much better narrative.
07/24/2018 12:16 PMPosted by Fuhror
Well....a couple quests with boring unrewarding WQs.

Legion we got invasions all over Azeroth with gear and xmog and we could even level our alts with them.

Has blizzard really that empty they had no better ideas for a pre patch event that more time gated quests?.

Why did I resub.

They want as much money as little effort as possible.
Its garbage in my opinion. I'm really not happy but I understand for some this is fine.

A pre patch is for hype and leading us in. We instead ended up with a timegate.
Why do people think that the content available TODAY is the entirety of the prepatch content?

How did invasion by the legion leading up to the broken shore scenario not serve the lore? I mean that was the story man.
It's better than MOP pre event and about the same as CATA and WOD. Only been doing them starting at end of BC
WOLK - Zombie plague changing players to zombie faction if bitten, few scourge hot spots in zones for event specific gear, special boss in Kara
CATA - Quest for echo islands/gnomer and then fight the occasional elemental assault to get to fight minor boss
MOP - Bombing of Theramore scenario for a few special pieces of gear
WOD - Quest in blasted lands to get to dark portal, scenario on other side, revamped bosses in a dungeon.
Legeon - 6 invasion points, great for leveling and unique transmog, Doomsayers in SW and ORG, and corrupted players if chosen
BFA - Quest chain over darkshore and Darnasas, World quest for catchup gear, Scenario for UC
TBC - The Opening of the Dark Portal.
07/24/2018 12:30 PMPosted by Melonbug
Why do people think that the content available TODAY is the entirety of the prepatch content?

We dont. We just expect more than a 15 minute snoozefest full of uninspired and out of character monologue, an awful send off to our artifacts with some people getting a warforged weapon reward that makes us vendor our almighty artifact, and then an abrupt "k now see you next week for the next installment, enjoy your new stat stick".
07/24/2018 12:30 PMPosted by Melonbug

We dont. We just expect more than a 15 minute snoozefest full of uninspired and out of character monologue, an awful send off to our artifacts with some people getting a warforged weapon reward that makes us vendor our almighty artifact, and then an abrupt "k now see you next week for the next installment, enjoy your new stat stick".

You do know that Blizz made it clear this wasn't going to be a repeat of the Legion Pre-Patch, yes? 'Cause they did, so.... there's that. Additionally, BfA hasn't launched yet so why would you expect to get a glut of new content???

Primary purpose of a pre-patch is to install all of the background mechanics to support the upcoming launch. Any extra content is just bonus glitter. I fail to see the big deal.
Worst ever? Did you not play MoP pre-event?