Zero Alliance in Darkshore?

War Mode and World PvP
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next
after reading the blue response, I just turned it off, not worth the headache currently.
07/24/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Phalanx
It is likely because there is a significantly greater number of Horde active in War Mode at the moment. Essentially your shard is the "leftover Horde" shard.

How about a counter that lets you know if your in a 100 to 1 horde to alliance ratio shard?

That way the alliance can just leave and not be farmed? It would be simple to show the horde vs alliance in your shard.

How can you justify a game design like this? A sharding system that allows for that kind of imbalance and just shrug it off? It is a very poor implementation of a great Idea, like much of what your game design does now, it is very poor game design and you should be embarrassed for implementing it.

What about what Holinka did to ashran when the horde were doing objectives and the alliance were doing bosses? You didn't let that continue. Why are you killing your own game?

So much is broken with this game now it'll never get fixed.
07/25/2018 09:36 AMPosted by Shmorg
How about a counter that lets you know if your in a 100 to 1 horde to alliance ratio shard?

That would be AMAZING.
07/24/2018 09:55 PMPosted by Lohten
It is likely because there is a significantly greater number of Horde active in War Mode at the moment. Essentially your shard is the "leftover Horde" shard.

The system maintains a number of shards which attempt to maintain a degree of faction balance within them. When we have an excess of one faction, those are put into their own shard until more of the other faction arises.

Not ideal, and we're doing what we can to reduce the frequency of that occurrence.

Years of neglect towards Alliance PvPers isn't ideal. You're right.

And yet Alliance has dominated the top of every PvP season because of the disgusting brokenness of EMfH (until recent nerf, thankfully).
07/25/2018 10:22 AMPosted by Bombadilo
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Years of neglect towards Alliance PvPers isn't ideal. You're right.

And yet Alliance has dominated the top of every PvP season because of the disgusting brokenness of EMfH (until recent nerf, thankfully).

EMfH is nice and all but the horde racials have fair outweighed the alliance ones (include EMfH) since the beginning. Orcs and Trolls get like a persona hero buff, I mean come on. EMfH also kinda falls off quick when you are fighting something with more than one stun, such as a rogue for instance, or druid.
It's Darkshore. I would be surprised if any alliance would go there with Warmode on. Small area like that with both factions. Not looking to be spawn camped while just trying to get through the questline, do the WQ's, and get out of there.

I think Warmode is going to shine when the new expansion releases and most people are back. Things are too ghost townish right now.
07/25/2018 10:52 AMPosted by Minkcoat
It's Darkshore. I would be surprised if any alliance would go there with Warmode on. Small area like that with both factions. Not looking to be spawn camped while just trying to get through the questline, do the WQ's, and get out of there.

I think Warmode is going to shine when the new expansion releases and most people are back. Things are too ghost townish right now.

I dont think it will. It still stands that the Alliance are outnumbered, and sure during the initial wave of "Omg get to max level ASAP" people will have war mode on, but horde and alliance will be mostly separate until max level. As soon as that separation is over however, I have a feeling the sheer number of horde players is going to wipe over the alliance and it will instantly snap back to a ghost town. 10% EXP is nice and all, but getting camped to the point of a 2 min respawn timer is not worth the headache.
It's not worth the headache to try warmode if every fight turns into a 3v20. At least with wintergrasp, the undermanned side was buffed to make up for the fact that the more numerous faction could just bury them in bodies.
07/25/2018 12:47 PMPosted by Arctos
It's not worth the headache to try warmode if every fight turns into a 3v20. At least with wintergrasp, the undermanned side was buffed to make up for the fact that the more numerous faction could just bury them in bodies.

Wonder if that could be a partial solution? Add some kind of mini-buff to the under represented side, at least when engaged against other players? Couldn't be to dramatic but could help?
07/24/2018 06:48 PMPosted by Seneselina
07/24/2018 06:41 PMPosted by Charity
If there are warmode shards with ONLY Horde on them, aren't those Horde getting rewarded for zero additional risk? And if that continues doesn't it just tip the scales even harder, like all Horde can just go Warmode, and some huge percent of them are just going to be on Horde-only Warmode shards?

What's the other solution? If 150,000 Horde sign up, but only 100k Alliance do, where are those 50k Horde going to go? Weave them into the shards the 100k Alliance are on? No way, then it would be imbalanced.

idk what the answer is. But imbalanced should be the last option.

Perhaps rewards can be dynamic. So in this scenario, the rewards for the Alliance keep climbing and getting higher to get more people into Warmode, until the system levels out. Kinda like how they do that for dungeons for healers and tanks.

Exactly, this very predictable outcome (at least to any person who played formerly on a PvP server with a large faction imbalance such as myself) was stated again and again in beta, and here we are live with the very predictable problem manifest.

Granted it's not BfA and there isn't much to do other than to PvP, but it's not going to change substantially after the leveling period in BfA. They need to try to bribe sheep to flag, and it's not a solution to the problem.

They will have to have a merc system to resolve this, or a queue for Warmode (haha!)...
07/25/2018 04:13 AMPosted by Hunteryx
07/24/2018 06:01 PMPosted by Hrothknut

Welcome to the reality of most PvP servers for the past 3 expacs or so.

Three? No, try since the beginning.

Traditionally Horde outnumber Alliance, sometimes by extreme amounts, on PVP servers. Ones with a heavier number of Alliance are few and far between.

I'm not surprised in the least that fewer Alliance than Horde have Warmode on. I know after being on a PVP server for so long I won't be turning it on.

I agree with you but really it was when they changed their minds about pvp faction transfers, and allowing people to roll both factions on the same pvp server that the players started to self segregate. Racial imbalance didn't help and larger servers having better recruiting pools was the coup de gras of nailing the server balance coffin shut.

But that started back when the policy changed and is the reason for what we see now WRT participation imbalance in warmode.

The system maintains a number of shards which attempt to maintain a degree of faction balance within them. When we have an excess of one faction, those are put into their own shard until more of the other faction arises.

Not ideal, and we're doing what we can to reduce the frequency of that occurrence.

There is an easy fix to that, make Alliance racials stronger to the point where they are slightly stronger that horde and the community will balance itself but where it sits currently the Horde have advantages across the board so there is no reason for alliance to stay that faction.
07/25/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Hrothknut
07/25/2018 04:13 AMPosted by Hunteryx

Three? No, try since the beginning.

Traditionally Horde outnumber Alliance, sometimes by extreme amounts, on PVP servers. Ones with a heavier number of Alliance are few and far between.

I'm not surprised in the least that fewer Alliance than Horde have Warmode on. I know after being on a PVP server for so long I won't be turning it on.

I agree with you but really it was when they changed their minds about pvp faction transfers, and allowing people to roll both factions on the same pvp server that the players started to self segregate. Racial imbalance didn't help and larger servers having better recruiting pools was the coup de gras of nailing the server balance coffin shut.

But that started back when the policy changed and is the reason for what we see now WRT participation imbalance in warmode.

As alliance it will not be bad as long as they are keeping some what of a balance of population on the warmode servers. And so far it seems this way where they are segregating the excess horde to their own server.
The faction with the best overall racials has more people color me shocked
I don’t buy the racials argument for a minute. EMfH was the best pvp racial for a long time and the Horde was still overrepresented in pvp. Racials mean virtually nothing compared to the massive effect of gear imbalances in pvp, especially in world pvp. Blaming the population imbalance on racials is just an attempt to distract from the obvious truth that the Alliance is a faction full of confrontation-averse soyboys. Something about the Alliance appeals to carebears while the true alphas flock to the Horde. Nothing Blizz can do about that reality, and so we are going to continue having no one to fight and Alliance cowards are going to continue to point to everything but their lack of a masculine fighting spirit as their reason for not flagging.
Just add High Elves to the Alliance... problem solved.
07/25/2018 02:43 PMPosted by Garilas
Just add High Elves to the Alliance... problem solved.

The first actual solution that might work. Heck, send all elves to the alliance. Make it the elf faction.
The shards don't feel balanced at all. I had warmode on for the longest time, and for the first day or two, it was nice. Lots of world PvP, 1 vs 1, 2 vs 1, 1 vs 3, etc.

But lately, it's seems like when I go out questing, it's now 30 vs 1. I don't mind being ganked, or killed repeatedly it's part of the risk. If you're only going to loose out on 10 - 30 minutes of questing because of PvP that 10% helps.

However, when things are largely imbalanced, that 10% bonus just isn't worth it, when it now takes you 1 hour+ to get your dailies done.

Don't get wrong, I love a good fight. I've been killed and out numbered many times. But there was always a chance I could pull through. When you have 10+ people attacking you. Doesn't matter how good you are, you just melt.
07/24/2018 06:48 PMPosted by Seneselina
07/24/2018 06:41 PMPosted by Charity
If there are warmode shards with ONLY Horde on them, aren't those Horde getting rewarded for zero additional risk? And if that continues doesn't it just tip the scales even harder, like all Horde can just go Warmode, and some huge percent of them are just going to be on Horde-only Warmode shards?

What's the other solution? If 150,000 Horde sign up, but only 100k Alliance do, where are those 50k Horde going to go? Weave them into the shards the 100k Alliance are on? No way, then it would be imbalanced.

idk what the answer is. But imbalanced should be the last option.

Perhaps rewards can be dynamic. So in this scenario, the rewards for the Alliance keep climbing and getting higher to get more people into Warmode, until the system levels out. Kinda like how they do that for dungeons for healers and tanks.

Simple. Anyone that's in a shard that has zero of the opposing faction should have the 10% bonus disabled.
07/25/2018 10:22 AMPosted by Bombadilo

What? The ONLY seasons that have been alliance favored was wod s1-4. Literally every other season in this game has been horde favored for NA. EU has always been alliance favored, though.