Lets discuss removing LFR

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 26 Next
07/26/2018 12:49 PMPosted by Billzilla
... No,that would be douchebags like you who feel they're somehow so important,they should somehow dictate who gets to play what parts of the game if anything [news flash: you're not important].

Last I checked bucko,you don't pay my sub that job is for a small bit of my paychecks from work during a dated day of the month and nor do you pay for anyone else's sub so come off it. Players like you purposefully hinder progress for those you perceive as lesser and in turn drive them away like a petulant schoolyard bully,LFR was put in so players casual,moderate and hardcore alike can enjoy content at their own pace without getting buggered over by some cliquey raiding guild who plays favorites or worry about getting declined in group finders by knobs who treat streamer opinions like gospel.

Players like you are why this game gets the reputation of being hostile,unwelcome and dare I say? TOXIC so I'd look in a mirror if I were you before calling someone trash.

Because he thinks you should have to work to be rewarded?

Is this concept so lost in this day and age?

This is a game, a way to pass time when you are bored, the rewards have no real world value.

One day the game will be gone and the rewards you are talking about will be gone forever and players will have nothing to show for it but memories.

If you want to talk about the morals and values, i'd say it can be argued that it's wrong for a person to spend so much time and effort trying to achieve a video game reward when they should be putting that effort into actually doing something productive that improves their real world life.

Just sayin''
I can't believe people want to have FUN in a game... THIS GAME SHOULD BE HARD WORK!!! /sarcasm off
07/26/2018 11:22 AMPosted by Billzilla
Level, get LFR gear, get some cool LFR gear that serves there purpose, they've done the raid thats end game over.
Lose the desire to farm gear or anything unless they're going to raid anyways, reroll a toon, repeat one then unsub until the next tier comes out or xpac.

That's their problem, not yours.

There are plenty of groups for you to keep pushing, if they don't wanna keep going is their call.
I remember when SoO (the last tier I really raider) came out with flex raids.

I am proud to say I helped 72 different people I never met before get that tier finished. I still have a friends list full of “LFR Heroes” that I pulled through that raid that otherwise wouldn’t have seen it or gotten BoAs.

When people like me hate on LFR we aren’t hating on the players necessarily, we are hating on the system.

Maybe I will do that again in BfA.
LFR is good for gearing alts. Otherwise it would take far too long to do it.
LFR and a few Mythic+ and you're good to go to PUG normal raids.

If someone just wants to do LFR and never progress passed that then who cares?
07/26/2018 12:55 PMPosted by Billzilla
07/26/2018 12:51 PMPosted by Olm
I respectfully disagree. When I played EQ, I never raided, never even capped, never thought I would, never cared to. When I came to WoW I never raided, never thought I would, and never cared to.

Now they've made the raiding experience accessible and fun, I didn't even do it in Cata because I was so turned off to raids, but eventually I came to like it. I find it's great how it is, the abortion was WoD where it literally was "tourist mode" (I do like some mechanics) and the loot tables were absolute garbage, missing entire essential slots like weapons. It got me to try PuG raiding with my raider brother (probably wouldn't have without him), but that was so toxic I just moved on and leveled an alt or something instead.

Bottom line, you remove LFR and you remove that content to a lot of people. They will simply write it off and move on. Apparently that's not what blizzard wants.

If you devalue it now, you just devalued an entire aspect of the game in many people's eyes permanently. They won't move up, they'll just stay where they are and admit it's for someone else.

The ship of change has sailed on this issue in my opinion. LFR is for people who want to see the content in manageable pieces while getting weaker gear that still lets you feel like a bmf out in the world while you're rep grinding. :) To me that's perfectly fine.

best counter post in the whole thread.

Thanks for not trying to make me sound like satan and keeping it very respectful.

Dude how two faced can you be, I left a totally polite very well reasoned answer which reflected many of the same points brought up in this post on PAGE ONE and you pretended it didnt happen. Don't try to act like no one in this thread has been polite or well reasoned because plenty of people have.
07/26/2018 12:59 PMPosted by Thalydreu
Many "real raiders" have such low opinions of us "LFR Heroes." Why do you want to take away our content and force us to play with you?

How else are they going to get anyone to pay attention to them?
some you guys are truly mad , I really think LFR is the cheapest content they can make in game , they already make the raid and they just remove some abilitys and lower some numbers = LFR.

Theres a good % of people that LFR is the only raiding they do and has what kept them playing . Who cares what they do , there gear , or what ever it dosnt effect your heroic guild. mythic guild. I know 2 people in Real life and all they have done the past 10 years is LFR . Both of them im pretty sure have sinked over 2,000$ into the game. Like i said im sure there is a good % of people like that I have no ideal what the numbers are but it.

gear gets outdated every 6 months who cares what other people gear is thats just not being mature.
07/26/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Billzilla
Did anyone even read what I wrote?

No because it's no different than the other 11,000,000 anti-LFR threads. Why would yours be any different?

Don't like it? Don't do it?

I'm not out here advocating the removal of Mythic just because I personally don't do it, am I?
07/26/2018 12:24 PMPosted by Rorrand
Blizzard community: "Stop removing content!"

Also Blizzard Community: "Remove LFR!"

to be fair I thing the people who are serious about removing LFR is a very tiny fraction of the player base
Pandora's box has been opened for retail but I'm hoping Classic will succeed leading to future expansions designed around the Classic philosophy that won't have flying or LFG options which future expansions brought like TBC and WOTLK and onwards.
Gear wise, sure the whole titan forge thing was ridiculous in LFR.
But if you have a Guild, you people raid and all is great then guess what... LFR doesn't affect you.

LFR has not ruined anything, people clearly get turned away from progression raiding from the game itself (if they are new, it can be overwhelming) and because of the certain groups of people. As well as clearly not wanting to progression raid and just go in for the fun and see the story.

Nothing wrong with that.

Don't like LFR, do Normal, Heroic, Mythic.

Problem solved.
This topic has been brought up a lot and clearly is an ignorant and arrogant thread that clearly either aims at trolling/angering people or simply do not understand what is actually wrong in the Raiding scene.
As a whole lot of people have stated is keep LFR in game just remove the chance to titanforge at all. Or have seperate gear like they did for HFC in wod
07/26/2018 01:23 PMPosted by Twopercent
As a whole lot of people have stated is keep LFR in game just remove the chance to titanforge at all. Or have seperate gear like they did for HFC in wod

Remove titanforging across the board! It's such a terrible system.
07/26/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Billzilla
Did anyone even read what I wrote?

Nope, I also reported this thread for trolling.

That's pretty much my wow gaming experience now, reading the forums and reporting people.
07/26/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Billzilla
I'm unsure to how many people knew how it was but it was a completely different game that had an active vibrant community and guild activity was much much higher

That "community" is gone. It's not LFR. It's not LFD. It's not a feature. It's the people. Those people are gone. Cutting things from this game will not bring those people back.
Frankly I always believed LFR should have been removed, or never introduced. Not because im an "elitist', but because I think it offers a very poor experience for two reasons.

My main reasoning, most people who do LFR only do LFR. They dont do normal, heroic, or mythic. They stop there. And why wouldnt they? You literally press a button, and youre in a group experiencing the visuals of the content and appreciating what the art team did, getting a piece of the story, etc. You dont have to put ANY effort in whatsoever to get in the gate, learn your class, or even work as a team to get the boss down as the content is designed to be completed. I think this is a shame as you dont get to actually experience raiding, or have any drive for getting better at the game, much less getting attatched to your class which is probably my biggest complaint with the game overall at the moment.

The second reasoning, it simply just isnt enjoyable. If LFR offered no gear, rewards, cosmetics, or anything of the such, I am 100% positive very few people would do it more than one time just to experience it, similar to my reasoning above out of the lack of effort required. Some will say, "Who I am to say what is and isnt fun?" This content is just not challenging. Being challenged makes you satisfied when you win. Im never satisfied when a LFR boss dies, and I frankly never have been. I truthfully believe if a group of good players, took some "LFR raiders" into a learning group for normal or heroic current content with reasonable gear, they would have a blast! if these people didnt have the LFR option, and found guilds, and made friends, they would genuinely love World of Warcraft more.

Its not that people who hate LFR want it to be taken away from you or something, they legitimately think it makes the game worst. ITs all opinions and because of the reward to effort ratio of it, its practically impossible to see if people do it out of enjoying the content, the lack of effort required, or just the fairly decent gear it gives out combined with the other 2 criteria.
07/26/2018 12:55 PMPosted by Billzilla
07/26/2018 12:51 PMPosted by Olm
I respectfully disagree. When I played EQ, I never raided, never even capped, never thought I would, never cared to. When I came to WoW I never raided, never thought I would, and never cared to.

Now they've made the raiding experience accessible and fun, I didn't even do it in Cata because I was so turned off to raids, but eventually I came to like it. I find it's great how it is, the abortion was WoD where it literally was "tourist mode" (I do like some mechanics) and the loot tables were absolute garbage, missing entire essential slots like weapons. It got me to try PuG raiding with my raider brother (probably wouldn't have without him), but that was so toxic I just moved on and leveled an alt or something instead.

Bottom line, you remove LFR and you remove that content to a lot of people. They will simply write it off and move on. Apparently that's not what blizzard wants.

If you devalue it now, you just devalued an entire aspect of the game in many people's eyes permanently. They won't move up, they'll just stay where they are and admit it's for someone else.

The ship of change has sailed on this issue in my opinion. LFR is for people who want to see the content in manageable pieces while getting weaker gear that still lets you feel like a bmf out in the world while you're rep grinding. :) To me that's perfectly fine.

best counter post in the whole thread.

Thanks for not trying to make me sound like satan and keeping it very respectful.

Word my brother, this thread derailed pretty quick.
07/26/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Kahl
My main reasoning, most people who do LFR only do LFR. They dont do normal, heroic, or mythic. They stop there. And why wouldnt they?
People who don't want to do harder things won't do harder things. They'll just stop playing. This should have no bearing on your evaluation of LFR.

If LFR offered no gear, rewards, cosmetics, or anything of the such, I am 100% positive very few people would do it more than one time just to experience it
This is true of most things in the genre. There's nothing wrong with lower tier rewards for lower tier content to keep participation active. And since not everyone can use non-queued instance groups, it still offers a modicum of character progression to people who would otherwise have none.
I think this is a shame as you dont get to actually experience raiding, or have any drive for getting better at the game, much less getting attatched to your class which is probably my biggest complaint with the game overall at the moment.

The thing is, if we really wanted these things, we could do them. The option is there. If Blizzard were to remove LFR it wouldn't make us suddenly decide to pug normal or heroic, we just wouldn't raid at all, and a lot of people would stop playing quicker. I don't see how that would help anyone.

Its not that people who hate LFR want it to be taken away from you or something,

That is literally what OP wants.