Lets discuss removing LFR

General Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15 26 Next
07/26/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Kahl

My main reasoning, most people who do LFR only do LFR. They dont do normal, heroic, or mythic. They stop there.

What's wrong with that? Not a thing.

I truthfully believe if a group of good players, took some "LFR raiders" into a learning group for normal or heroic current content with reasonable gear, they would have a blast! if these people didnt have the LFR option, and found guilds, and made friends, they would genuinely love World of Warcraft more.

Many people who do LFR don't want to participate in organized raiding. They might enjoy it, yes, but they don't want to commit to a time slot for a couple of hours at least twice a week every week to do it. It doesn't really have to do with the difficulty but more the format.

they legitimately think it makes the game worst

For whom? LFR is entirely optional and doesn't affect anyone doing organized raiding in any way.
07/26/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Illidonkey
Just remove the chance for lfr gear to titanforge then it would be okay.
Thats not happening the drop rate has been nerfed its enough.
I still don’t understand how what other people do with their game time affects what you do with your game time?

Could someone explain how other people doing LFR and not bothering do NM etc prevents their NM, M experience from being positive?
07/26/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Gizber
I can’t see LFR being removed, but I do wish it would be improved. It’s current state is... a poor example of raiding.

I think LFR should give up trying to emulate traditional raiding as closely as possible, as it has previously done.
There is 0 necessary reason to create an ad-hoc group of 25 random players to allow people to experience what is about to go down in Uldir. It is an ancient holdover from traditional raiding that LFR has no need of.

What does being thrown in a group with 24 other random people add to the LFR experience? Nothing positive. It certainly doesn't enhance the story... heck with all the "go go go" in LFR it actually gets in the way of taking time to experience what exactly is going on.

LFR should capitalize on its unique ability to present the story contained within raids in a different manner from traditional N+ raiding.

I think the system would be better if it was a solo scenario where you fought through the raid allied by NPC's. ( Or friends you invited to join you)

Such a scenario would put the player firmly in control of their own experience. Something no other difficulty currently offers.

No long que times.
No drama or toxicity from random players.
Just play the game any way you want, any time you want , and go at the pace you want.

The rest of the system still functioning as it does today. Bosses still drop similar quality loot and fights are no more difficult than they are now. Make it a solo scenario and it would be better.
If we're going to keep having Raiding be the definitive endgame, then you darn well ought to have a mode so must of us can play it. Ideally with actual matchmaking systems, like every other game made this decade.
How about we not discuss it and just say no?
07/26/2018 01:53 PMPosted by Whysilyn
If we're going to keep having Raiding be the definitive endgame, then you darn well ought to have a mode so must of us can play it. Ideally with actual matchmaking systems, like every other game made this decade.

So many people playing this game are in the wrong genre of games. It is truly remarkable how out of touch they are.

Edit: I am referring to you by the way, not the “elitists” or whatever buzzword is being used these days.
07/26/2018 01:50 PMPosted by Crewthian
I still don’t understand how what other people do with their game time affects what you do with your game time?

Could someone explain how other people doing LFR and not bothering do NM etc prevents their NM, M experience from being positive?

I think I get it. It's not the experience they want to take away. It's the gear. They don't feel special enough in their ilvl 950 gear because the plebes are wearing ilvl 910.
07/26/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Billzilla
Did anyone even read what I wrote?

Yes. And it's bad. If you want to play chat room online BFF knock yourself out.
07/26/2018 01:57 PMPosted by Thalydreu
I think I get it. It's not the experience they want to take away. It's the gear. They don't feel special enough in their ilvl 950 gear because the plebes are wearing ilvl 910.

In the meantime the truly-elite cleared mythic in gear that was closer to 910 than 950...

I repeat my favorite phrase here: high-powered gear is not a reward to the elite player for clearing challenging content. It is rather the means (when combined with things like a nerf schedule) that non-elite players clear challenging content by making it less-challenging via time and lucky-RNG rolls.

(ETA: High-powered gear is also, secondarily, a means for the elite players to put these raids on farm so they can sell carries for gold.)
I always found LFR to be a waste of time, it isn't challenging and its RNG so you aren't even guaranteed any loot for doing the bare minimum. If I want to raid, I join a normal PUG. People do LFR weekly and get to experience the content Blizzard has at a simpler level, with a chance at getting loot they need to increase their ilvl to do other things.

LFR may be terrible, but for some its not. It doesn't affect me negatively unless I decide to join a queue for a quick quest... and the raid wipes because they couldn't do 1 mechanic lol. Even I'm casual at times so I understand why some prefer it over progression.
Yes, let's discuss "removing" the current LFR and "replacing" it with the current Normal mode (so basically, going back to MoP LFR difficulty and relative rewards.) It lessens the gear ilvl gap between LFR>Mythic (which in turn helps cool ilvl inflation)...and makes it slightly more challenging. Win/Win!
07/26/2018 11:30 AMPosted by Studmuffyn
07/26/2018 11:28 AMPosted by Billzilla

My problem with LFR is its not raiding. It's not even close to raiding and it's punched a hole in the rest of the game.

Sorry but is, and the only thing it punched a hole in is your ego.

^ This right here. Cry more, special snowflake.
07/26/2018 02:21 PMPosted by Ashlí
Yes, let's discuss "removing" the current LFR and "replacing" it with the current Normal mode (so basically, going back to MoP LFR difficulty and relative rewards.) It lessens the gear ilvl gap between LFR>Mythic (which in turn helps cool ilvl inflation)...and makes it slightly more challenging. Win/Win!

If Normal had a queue I would queue for it. Maybe make a pre-req like heroics had for a while where you had to pass a test for each role you wanted to queue for.
07/26/2018 01:57 PMPosted by Monsters
07/26/2018 01:53 PMPosted by Whysilyn

So many people playing this game are in the wrong genre of games. It is truly remarkable how out of touch they are.

Edit: I am referring to you by the way, not the “elitists” or whatever buzzword is being used these days.

The MMO genre has evolved since EQ, today's MMOs are more casual and solo player friendly. Maybe you're the one playing the wrong genre now.
Now that legendaries are gone, LFR won't feel so required.
Sure, the lack of community is lame, but if all they wanna do is LFR then so be it.

I pretty much just don't wanna have to grind through it for chances at legendaries ever again.
07/26/2018 11:14 AMPosted by Montie
Pretty edgy topic I know and it's not just click bait, I want this thing gone. I don't want it gone because I hate casuals, I'm a casual too but I think this whole mode has over all damaged the game beyond recognition to a degree.
I'm not just going to say "delete it" I'm going to try to offer some game play options and try to explain the impact this foul system has had.

Due to massive backlash I'm going to edit this proposal and keep the click bait title to get more feedback.

LFR shouldn't drop a single item from the raids drop table, it should be given a drop table equal to the effort required and should be stock standard blues.

This way people can see the content and then have a reason to want to progress into normal raiding

Mythic or heroic need to go due to Ilvl inflation but this is more of a game health issue and we don't want to have a Ilvl squish every 2 xpacs.
perhaps bring back Uldar style hard modes and expand the drop table to have new stuff drop after activating a hard more.

Sorry to all those that lost their mind at the extremity of removing tourist mode

Oh yeah also implement new systems in to get people into normal raids.
Guided modes giving rewards to people who are willing to teach new players and some what carry them, use the current LFR system to slice it into segments so you don't get locked to a single kill boss
etc etc it can be done

so you want them to repeat part of what killed wod?glad you arent a business rep of thiers youd sink the ship for sure.
Yay for people who have more free time than others coming to try and dictate how the game should be played. How about you leave people alone and play the game the way you want to and let others do the same?
07/26/2018 02:30 PMPosted by Leonerd
<span class="truncated">...</span>

The MMO genre has evolved since EQ, today's MMOs are more casual and solo player friendly. Maybe you're the one playing the wrong genre now.

Balderdash! You need to go sit in a room for the next 1 hour to 3 weeks and figure out how you came to such a ridiculous conclusion. This retort of your doesn’t even merit a proper response.

FYI, since you obviously didn’t play EQ it was much more involved and grindier than WoW. To compare them is absurd...
07/26/2018 11:23 AMPosted by Illdarius
I will agree with the fact that it has most certainly devalued the community aspect of the game. However i will take that devaluation as a cost and still feel like im coming up on top convienence wise.

THat actually started way before LFR with Dungeon finder .
THat brought forth sitting in cities and leveling by queuing instead of people going out into the world and working together.