Addressing the PvP imbalance.

War Mode and World PvP
So, I would like to put forth a sort of suggestion for fixing the PvP imbalance. So, right now the Horde seems to be vastly outnumbering the Alliance in both Warmode and BGs. A blue has even stated this as the case for Warmode right now in a thread about no alliance players in Darkshore. So, one thing that might help boost/level it out is having something similar to what dungeons do for the lack of Healers and Tanks.

Have a bonus system to incentive people of the lower faction to PvP. This could be done by taking a look at the amount of people queuing in BGs per faction, and amount of people with ward mode active in each "shard" (as said by the blue) and if it gets below a certain ratio/threshold, enable extra honor gains for more kills/pvp activities, and maybe have the chance for a rare honor loot box to drop if you are on the lower populated faction that has a chance to give some PvP gear and maybe a mount. People love mounts.
Also wouldn't mind seeing a system like this put in place for defending capital cities. More and more I am finding horde attacking Ironforge and Darnassus (tho darnassus is kinda understandable given the context of the times), and no one is really bothering to push them out except the maybe 1 or 2 alliance that are there at the time. Not sure what its like on the horde side but I would think if someone is attacking one of your faction's cities', people should be rushing over there by the boatload to defend it. So maybe have a similar system in place where city kills in defense grant extra honor and the rare chance at a loot box.
The problem is wow is a system built on splitting the playerbase in half with no systems in place if one side is more popular than the other.

As less people overall play the game, people want to congregate on the same faction to have the biggest pool of potential teammates for all facets of the game.

I really thought with how buddy-buddy the factions were being the last few expansions they were pushing us in a direction to just do away with faction restrictions all together.
07/24/2018 07:19 PMPosted by Celaurienel
People love mounts.
I like your idea a lot, Blizzard could add tons of neat incentives for getting wrecked constantly. Like that Scourge tabard that the Forsaken BFA weekend people used to wear. I would brave a thousand mighty Alliance warriors for even the bleakest chance at that tabard. Blizzard could offer us titles for fighting against all odds, more squire-non-combat pets/non-combat pet mounts to follow us around, a legendary that (only) lets you make a portal to the enemy-faction capital, and lots and lots of gold.

07/24/2018 07:28 PMPosted by Celaurienel
So maybe have a similar system in place where city kills in defense grant extra honor and the rare chance at a loot box.
I like this idea too. It would be great if attackers got a reward as well, if they were solo.
07/24/2018 07:43 PMPosted by Dumb
The problem is wow is a system built on splitting the playerbase in half with no systems in place if one side is more popular than the other.

As less people overall play the game, people want to congregate on the same faction to have the biggest pool of potential teammates for all facets of the game.

I really thought with how buddy-buddy the factions were being the last few expansions they were pushing us in a direction to just do away with faction restrictions all together.

Oh! Maybe Saurfang will be the first combined horde/ally leader this xpac.
Another idea that might help even the playing field, tho this might get dicey on a lore perspective, implement the mercenary system for world PvP. Have it so if there is a huge imbalance in an active PvP zone (active as in there have been like 5+ kills in the past 15 minutes) a recruiter for the lowest populated faction in that zone will show up and start hiring mercenaries. Players from the over populated faction can go to this recruiter and sign up, and be sided with the opposing faction in that zone for 30 mins - 1 hr. They wouldn't be able to do any of the quests, and maybe just be neutral in the towns. Also maybe they get a little extra honor or a chance at a Mark of Honor loot box while a mercenary,
Or just give the less represented faction like +20% damage and healing done (in non-rated PvP).
07/27/2018 12:51 AMPosted by Morthra
Or just give the less represented faction like +20% damage and healing done (in non-rated PvP).

Maybe in that shard. Not across the board. There is only really one shard that is imbalanced. The way the sharding system works, all the shards are 50/50 except the spillover shard when they don't have enough to fill one completely.

People are confusing faction imbalance with them not being with their factions raid. I got run over in Darkshore by a full 40 man alliance raid. Thought I was in the low pop shard. Asked in chat for a raid invite. Boom I'm in the horde 40 man raid fighting the alliance 40 man.

Wasn't that buff implemented in Tol'Barad or one of the other "wPvP" scenarios places in WotLK? I think when you were on the side with a reduced number of players, you and your team were buffed significantly.
07/27/2018 04:39 AMPosted by Bishopx

Wasn't that buff implemented in Tol'Barad or one of the other "wPvP" scenarios places in WotLK? I think when you were on the side with a reduced number of players, you and your team were buffed significantly.

It was Wintergrasp, and it was completely useless once the imbalance hits a tipping point. I remember having a 15 stack of the buff and still dying near instantly because being outnumbered means you're taking an order of magnitude more damage to eat your bonus life, and the CC chains grow longer so your bonus damage was useless.
They could buff alliance racials! Not like they are in danger of upsetting the delicate pve balance. Horde has had all but one world first boss kill since late 08. That's 10 years and a near perfect record. Blizzard could easily justify making alliance racials not dog !@#$, instead they nerfed alliance racials because they finally made horde racials reasonable.

They could remove the warmode bonus if you're not in a balanced shard.

They could increase the warmode bonus for the faction with lower participation, say horde only gets 5% whilst alliance gets 10%.

They could do a wintergrasp buff making it so Alliance doesn't just die non stop trying to quest.

They can do anything they damn well want, they just have to want to do it.

To be honest, if blizzards history on PVP balance is an indicator, this ain't getting fixed.