Whats funny is

General Discussion
07/25/2018 06:39 PMPosted by Prig
Quit shilling! Is Blizz giving you tokens to fanboi off or are you a regular Kool-Aid slurper?

I like Kool-aid!
Forum complaining has changed things in the past. Remember the whole Real ID thing? I doubt there will ever be as big a backlash as that again (longest topic in the history of the forums, 2004-present) but my point is it did actually force Blizzard to change.

For those who were not around then, Blizzard planned on using your battle tag for your forum name, the problem was, there was no battle tag naming then and it instead used the name on your account (generally IRL name). CMs claimed it was ok and to show it was, one of them (Bashiok I believe) posted his IRL name. He got doxxed in ~10 minutes, people had all of his info and he had to disconnect his phone line due to non-stop calls he was getting. Blizzard employees would then be immune to their names being released, which only made the entire situation worse as people were outraged and had the "If Blizzard's employees privacy can be kept intact, why are you making ours public!?" it was a huge disaster and, rightfully, Blizzard caved and decided not to go through with it.
07/25/2018 06:28 PMPosted by Meritha
07/25/2018 06:21 PMPosted by Draical
People keep talking about a "vocal minority" and they sound really dumb when they bring it up. Do I need to remind you about that "vocal minority" on the forum in WoD with flying when nearly half the subs dropped out and Blizzard was forced to find a new metric to measure their success and a new way to communicate their success to investors?

I don't mind reminding you if you want me to.

Edit: that "vocal minority" in WoD also forced Blizzard to add flying back into the game after they spinelessly said they were going to remove it in an interview with a third party website right before a holiday.

;)

You clearly have no idea what vocal or minority means. < 100 people griping on the forum is not the same thing as a mass of people unsubbing. Put your money where your mouth is if you want anyone to listen to you, anything else is just noise.

lol k
07/25/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Latsolin
07/25/2018 05:47 PMPosted by Gorev
Looks i was right all along...this game is slowly spiralling downward towards toxicity...
I notice that happens whenever Blizz tries to stir up the faction war. Seriously people become 10X more loud and obnoxious.

Nah, that's just Gorev. He's normally doom & gloom and hatred. When you read these forums, you start to recognize the writers, their trolling methodology, their song & dance and gleeful instigating.

The forum game is its own game, yanno.
07/25/2018 06:46 PMPosted by Vixie
Nah, that's just Gorev. He's normally doom & gloom and hatred.

Pretty much. I expect another post from either him or his DH saying how the forums should be shut down for <Insert period of time> or everyone should be banned from the forum for a day because people are just so awful.
It's always funny to see people think their words on the forums impact how Blizzard does business. Unless it was a ridiculously BAD decision like Real ID that affected us IRL, forum noise really doesn't make much impact.

Well-written, detailed, constructive feed back and criticism is appreciated by Blizz, I'm sure. Even tho they read all our drivel and crap we write also.

They know who the trolls are, as do we.
07/25/2018 06:46 PMPosted by Vixie
07/25/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Latsolin
...I notice that happens whenever Blizz tries to stir up the faction war. Seriously people become 10X more loud and obnoxious.

Nah, that's just Gorev. He's normally doom & gloom and hatred. When you read these forums, you start to recognize the writers, their trolling methodology, their song & dance and gleeful instigating.

The forum game is its own game, yanno.

O no i dont just mean these forums, i mean in general, literally everything. In game trade and general chat, twitter, and especially especially Youtube
There's just too many things to point to in this patch that make it easy to criticize. I I cant get hyped about anything in prepatch so far, it has been a net loss for me.

The only thing i can honestly say i care about WoW wise is who burned down the tree.

It better be interesting and believable.
I often wonder what BS the higher ups are being fed on some topics, like the whole flying fiasco, i cant imagine what type of BS was spun to the higher ups to make them give Ion the ok to continue down very unpopular paths. They basically cleaved off a bunch of their subscribers (and profits) because some hardliners within the company have a vision for how they want us to play lol

Not that flying was the sole cause of the losses but it was just a focal point among a large amount of changes that were aimed at clawing back quality of life.
The higher ups won't be told anything that doesn't translate directly into $$$
07/25/2018 05:43 PMPosted by Deadagain
All this activity on the forums is a metric that the higher ups in blizz will be told is a good thing, sort of like there's no such thing as bad PR (public relations.) "Lol the battling has spilled over onto the forums we did so good!"

Id rather trust a politician than the game director at this point.

I assure you that no game company thinks of their forums as a positive. They are notorious cesspools for just about any popular game.
07/25/2018 08:20 PMPosted by Mvura
07/25/2018 05:43 PMPosted by Deadagain
All this activity on the forums is a metric that the higher ups in blizz will be told is a good thing, sort of like there's no such thing as bad PR (public relations.) "Lol the battling has spilled over onto the forums we did so good!"

Id rather trust a politician than the game director at this point.

I assure you that no game company thinks of their forums as a positive. They are notorious cesspools for just about any popular game.

That goes for all forums. Unless you have a private forum of a tight knit community, they're all cesspools at one point or another.
07/25/2018 06:32 PMPosted by Meritha
They have far better ways to know who is thinking what and who likes what than the forums.
Name me a single one of them.

This is the same dev team who used the "but everyone is using the garrison table" as a measure that it was a gigantic success. The same dev team who told players that specs at the start of Legion weren't broken, we just didn't know how to play them (no surprise that those specs got 10-20% buffs just a few weeks later). The devs might have access to raw data, but how they choose to interpret it is entirely up to them.

For the record, data manipulation (using specific data to show the result you want) is something that companies, governments and other organisations have used for a very long time to make false claims because technically it's not illegal because (some) of the data does support their claim. You take a specific part of the raw data, show it in such a way that "proves" your point (while not showing all the data that disproves it), and then make big claims to the media. This is how false facts such as "women earn less than men" come about, because it only uses a very tiny bit of data that objectively shows that the average Male does earn more but doesn't take into account any other factor such as professions, education levels, demographics or even that some women want to stay home and look after their children (thus their earnings are reported as "$0" on those data sheets).
That's a good point.

Keep in mind though, BfA has yet to drop.

And when it does... and when the forums become overrun... I guess they'll add that extra acre to the golf green.
07/25/2018 06:28 PMPosted by Meritha
07/25/2018 06:21 PMPosted by Draical
People keep talking about a "vocal minority" and they sound really dumb when they bring it up. Do I need to remind you about that "vocal minority" on the forum in WoD with flying when nearly half the subs dropped out and Blizzard was forced to find a new metric to measure their success and a new way to communicate their success to investors?

I don't mind reminding you if you want me to.

Edit: that "vocal minority" in WoD also forced Blizzard to add flying back into the game after they spinelessly said they were going to remove it in an interview with a third party website right before a holiday.

;)

You clearly have no idea what vocal or minority means. < 100 people griping on the forum is not the same thing as a mass of people unsubbing. Put your money where your mouth is if you want anyone to listen to you, anything else is just noise.

But its not noise, because the ones griping, and are seen as a "vocal minority" here on the forums by the White Knights, they usually follow up with unsubbing. So it really does go hand in hand.

I cant unsub atm because i have time until January and have 5 tokens in my bag. But i will not be playing BfA. Until they either give us choice back for leveling new(and old alts) below 100, i will not play, ill eat the cost of the expansion($75). I paid in tokens, and a huge amount of time, but it was time i was using to play Legion anyways, i did not make any sizable amounts of gold on the AH, i did my daily WQ caches and the missions on 8 alts to acquire my gold, and still have 800+K on both realms set aside. Again i will not play BfA until they change the looms back, and i am also not playing because im not playing a beta where classes will be fixed along with other game play issues in a future patch! Not happening.

They should have not rushed this, but as usual they did and this is going to be worse than WoD ever was.
07/25/2018 09:19 PMPosted by Fanden
07/25/2018 08:20 PMPosted by Mvura

That goes for all forums. Unless you have a private forum of a tight knit community, they're all cesspools at one point or another.

Well then Wowhead, Reddit, MMO, Youtube, Blogs, they are all overflowing with negativity about the 7.3.5 changes and the destruction of the looms by a 10:3 margin if you want to try and give it some scope.

Players want their choice back, it should be up to the player how fast they level while questing. If they gave us back the original looms, and just nerfed them when entering grouped content(so you are not OP over new players), then most of the negativity would go away, i can promise you that. Because trying for RNG dungeon drops(because running one more than once is a total waste), to try and get a piece of gear thats an upgrade, because if you stay in zones to long you never see an upgrade because they did not scale the rewards, having the original looms back to compensate for the scaling that most players do not mind, would work.

Thats all they need to do. It really is pretty simple, because they can enable, disable, bonuses on gear if you enter certain types of content, and they can also downgrade gear now when doing the same. They have that ability, and it should be sed. Because offering a high dollar option(character boosts) to bypass their poor decisions, really does mak it loo like they did this all for the almighty dollar. Making them no better than EA! That in of itself is very sad to see with a company like Blizzard. One i have supported exclusively for the last 13+ years except when i played a bit of Battlefield, and FFXIV. I have played no other games except those two for the last 13 years, because i liked WoW that much. Im also to old for those FPS games lol, just do not have the reflexes or sight anymore.