BfA Ink Trader

Professions
Anyone have any idea about when and how this will be implemented and how it will effect glyph mats?
In past expansions, it was implemented the instant the pre-patch went live. It majorly upset markets as scribes could no longer trade current inks for older inks.

I believe in Legion they delayed the change until the expansion actually launched, assuming they will do the same in BfA. So on August 14th (or whenever it goes live in your time zone), all of the ink traders will stop taking Rosetta Pigment and only except the current BfA materials for trades.

I am not sure what those costs will be.
Thanks!

If they stuck with the current system, legion glyphs would use roseat or sallow?
07/27/2018 11:25 AMPosted by Grooth
Thanks!

If they stuck with the current system, legion glyphs would use roseat or sallow?

Legion Glyphs will continue to use Rosetta and Sallow pigments in BfA. Only new patterns added to the game in the expansion will use BfA inks. Those inks could then also be traded at the ink vendor for Rosetta and Sallow (in theory at least, I wasn't on the beta), Blackfallow Ink, Ink of the Sea, etc...

In some cases, it is better to buy the original herbs to mill for your own ink, say earthroot and silver leaf. In other cases, the herbs can be more expensive, like I believe those used for Blackfallow Ink, so trading current inks to craft those glyphs saves you time and gold.
ok im home so I could look it up better, i was wondering about ... all the old glyphs use the basic ink? All the northrend level glyphs use Ink of the sea, not Snowwfall ink, so Im just trying to figure out if legion glyphs well end up compressed down to 3xRoseat ink ... maybe there is no way of knowing that before it happens

were the previous ink traders on PTR?
I just checked, theres nothing on PTR, still costs Roseat .. oh well
The rare inks like snowfall are for other inscription crafts. Off-hands and such. All glyphs prior to legion should just need 3x inks of the appropriate level (vanilla should have a few types). Then during Legion, the glyphs require a mix of rosetta and sallow pigment, with different classes requiring different ratios of rosetta to sallow. In BfA, I believe the 3 new druid glyphs continue to require a mix of inks, with the expansion having three new inks rather than the traditional common and uncommon ink.
Any of you guys found where the new ink trader is ?
08/15/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Kraztor
Any of you guys found where the new ink trader is ?

I'd like to know this as well.
Yeah, as of now all ink traders still accept Roseate Pigment. Usually, when the pre-patch goes live, the new ink/pigment becomes the currency of exchange, but that hasn't happened yet. So far certain herbs from Legion are still cheap, but that's gotta end some time.

@blizzardcs on Twitter has been silent about this as well (I asked).
On low pop servers there is no longer a supply of Legion herbs, no new ink trader, and no way to meet demand for glyphs. When will this be fixed?
08/25/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Heshang
On low pop servers there is no longer a supply of Legion herbs, no new ink trader, and no way to meet demand for glyphs. When will this be fixed?

The trader should have already been implemented, though I tried stocking up prior to the pre-patch as I assumed ultramarine ink would be a lot more expensive then it is turning out to be.
Hope they give us an ink trader soon
I am swimming in Ultramarine Ink
we are swimming in it from cards. Once are stock runs out im not sure how much more ill be milling. Contracts tanked, Cards Tanked and we only have 3 new glyphs that use the new inks. i hope they stay on old inks for at least a little while longer, Legion herbs are selling for dirt cheap and glyphs havnt dropped in price on my server.
Still no trader?
07/26/2018 02:52 PMPosted by Grooth
Anyone have any idea about when and how this will be implemented and how it will effect glyph mats?
Based on what is going on with the entire expansion, I wouldn't hold my breath. Clearly, the expansion is under cooked.
blizz pls
1000+ Ultramarine Ink that's just taking up space now. Fingers crossed for Ink Trader coming with tomorrow's reset.
Sitting on 125k of Ultramarine/Crimson pigment. It's annoying.
I started making Ultramarine Ink after giving up doing it for a few weeks. Big mistake. I have over 3.3k ultramarine! Its going to take over 2 hours of just standing still and making ink. Super fun!! The best part, I have nothing to do with them!!!! I guess ill make an alt with 30 slot bags in bank and just start filling their bags up. Is this what was intended blizzard? Second question, when is beta over?
09/25/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Pandapriest
I started making Ultramarine Ink after giving up doing it for a few weeks. Big mistake. I have over 3.3k ultramarine! Its going to take over 2 hours of just standing still and making ink. Super fun!! The best part, I have nothing to do with them!!!! I guess ill make an alt with 30 slot bags in bank and just start filling their bags up. Is this what was intended blizzard? Second question, when is beta over?

You could eat something, take a shower, pet your pet, go for a walk, get an engineer degree or something while those inks are being made