How long have you been playing?

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 Next
2005 my buddy and I pooled our money together to buy the game and game time. Spent all night installing WoW with the 20 billion CDs it came with. Dwarf hunter on Smolderthorn named Kolbjorn.

Only got to level 43 before he moved away. He was the one with the computer so I don't have that account anymore. Rip Thorp. You were a good wolf pet.
Original vanilla beta. Played every expansion, but in each of the last three I've taken a hiatus after about six months of playing.
When thunderfury earned its link rep until present.
I joined just before 40 man naxx and have been pretty consistent with my subscription, usually drop it for a few months at the end of an expansion or for WoD the last year
12/8/2004

almost the beginning

the absolute best moment..my first serious character was a warlock..we were waiting for Baron Geddon to be pulled..all the classes had their own channel to talk things out in..the warlocks decided to take out the eye of kilroggs out and go jump around the main tank..those 6 - 7 green eyes against the red molten core..ive never laughed so hard listening to the tank over teamspeak telling us we shouldnt be doing that.

that,the warlock epic mount quest ending in dire maul i think and then later the quest of punching deathwing in the face..top moments ever.
Started Jan. 2007. Less then a week before BC was out.
Launch day, 11/23/2004 - active with no lapses in sub since! Proud owner of an orc statue :)
Since day 1 ...
june 2007 (early B/C) - 100% active account

NOT playing BFA - the worst expansion ever
Mid- to late-vanilla beta, so like... May or June of 2004? There was a few months worth of break between the end of beta and when my copy of the CE finally arrived (it got lost in the mail or something, i forget the specifics but it took over a month from when it should have arrived to when it actually DID) so my live account didn't actually start up 'til December of '04, but at least it's been pretty consistent since then.
Valentine's Day 2005. It was very romantic. I joined because I was a big nerd for all the story from the RTS games. I cheated my way through everything in the first two games as a little kid just to see what was going to happen next.

Played super hard in Vanilla, did the endgame thing, was a guild officer and did the website for a guild that got some firsts *cough* on our tiny RP server *cough* before being burned out by TBC. Gave away my old account, came back in Cataclysm and had a blast with leveling, dungeon finder, and heroics, but my friends left so I did too. That account got hacked, so when I came back for WoD it was easier to just make a new account and use the boost to get started.
Always has me curious when I see this question asked with people replying they started Vanilla/BC and their ach. points are almost always sub 10k.

I started some time in WotLK.

Did they change accounts or something else I'm missing?
I started playing a long time ago. I don't know which came first, I played Warcraft 2 when it came out, I played Diablo 1 when it first came out, lost Vikings was released on super Nintendo.
2009 or 2008? I don't remember tho, I remember hunters used mana, there where weapons skills, sylvanas was a night elf, orgrimmar's bank was where that tower is, the canals of stormwind where more like a clean crisp pool, the park was like a hippies dream, hunters needed arrows or bullets, sunken temple took me like an hour or more to finish, you had to pay for your class abilities from the trainer and they had levels to them and the talent tree was like heaven of possibilities.
Long enough to know to stop paying to play.
Started at the beginning of Vanilla and played all the way to the end of Cataclysm. Then my account got hacked while I took a break, so I started over in WoD. Took another break towards the end of that, and just came back for BFA.
Warcraft? Since Orcs & Humans.

World of Warcraft? Since OG beta.
Warcraft 2

Warcraft 3

Played all through vanilla, burned out in the beginning of BC

Only dabbled since then, until a month before Legion. Though I did skip MoP entirely, though looking back I kind of wish I wouldn’t have.

My lapse in play between early cata and the beginning of Warlords was the longest though, when I came back warlords pissed me off so much I was never going to return. Even when I saw stuff about oh Legion and demon hunters I thought “no too late frig off lahey.”

But I had a friend that kept harassing me to play with them, so I did.... and now I’ve been back for 2 years straight...

The longest I’ve played straight since VANILLA
07/25/2018 10:45 PMPosted by Goragill
2009 or 2008? I don't remember tho, I remember hunters used mana, there where weapons skills, sylvanas was a night elf, orgrimmar's bank was where that tower is, the canals of stormwind where more like a clean crisp pool, the park was like a hippies dream, hunters needed arrows or bullets, sunken temple took me like an hour or more to finish, you had to pay for your class abilities from the trainer and they had levels to them and the talent tree was like heaven of possibilities.

If Sylvanas was a night elf they wss vanikla lmao
Literally about 8 days ago, and liking it a lot. :)