I was literally about to pre-order BfA...

General Discussion
07/25/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Cleosaptrix
so I really dont know if the service was better but I have heard how there used to be a lot more interaction between players and Devs.

The old forums was full of back and forth between people who work at blizz and us. Unfortunately, everything the salty gamer touches turns to ash.

There is a pretty good reason we have a single CM responding to a few posts once in awhile or why the pvp forums might get a single response once a year or so. The very moment they respond to something that isn't on the list of complaints disgruntled players derail entire threads and start accusing Blizzard of not caring within 5 minutes of the post because the CM listed their favorite color or drink.

Before the shift that brought in all the negative players that whine about everything and pretty much live in the forums to spread their misery, we had lots of fun with the staff every week.

The all about ME crowd pretty much killed off interactions. Who on earth would want to come to the forums and read all the garbage some people spew about them because their every need wasn't catered to.

This is why we can't have nice things.
07/25/2018 04:12 PMPosted by Nishaun
...no need for me to point out anything.
Yes there is. The more detailed your problem/feelings are, the better they can come up with a solution.

If it's details you want, have a peek at the beta forums.

Pages and pages of details.

Read and weep
Wtb new popular alternative mmo to play instead of wow
The company changed after the merger, as usually happens. Unlike some like to think, Activision didn't "take over" but it still changed how Blizzard ran things.
I mean, I just returned from other virtual worlds to pre-order BFA, and start up my sub again. People go, people come. FFXIV started getting boring? Check out WoW, and pleasantly surprised about numerous things.

The item squish and dungeons being harder? Yes, so much yes.
Orcs that stand up straight?
Have you seen the Zandalari Trolls we're getting?
All these new allied races?

I mean honestly my only cons as a returning player is the fact I never played Legion. Like, at all. And the alliance races are gated behind exalted reps. Thankfully I had a 110 boost to circumvent the leveling process a bit, so I can enjoy it on a new character once I unlock the Nightborn.

Other than that? I can't really complain much man.

Lots of people speculate they made the leveling process harder to increase their character boost sales just in time for BFA. To me? Making the leveling process more difficult and slow was the selling point for me come this expansion.

New races + a better leveling experience? 100% sold.
07/25/2018 07:24 PMPosted by Ragmudar
I mean, I just returned from other virtual worlds to pre-order BFA, and start up my sub again. People go, people come. FFXIV started getting boring? Check out WoW, and pleasantly surprised about numerous things.

The item squish and dungeons being harder? Yes, so much yes.
Orcs that stand up straight?
Have you seen the Zandalari Trolls we're getting?
All these new allied races?

I mean honestly my only cons as a returning player is the fact I never played Legion. Like, at all. And the alliance races are gated behind exalted reps. Thankfully I had a 110 boost to circumvent the leveling process a bit, so I can enjoy it on a new character once I unlock the Nightborn.

Other than that? I can't really complain much man.

Lots of people speculate they made the leveling process harder to increase their character boost sales just in time for BFA. To me? Making the leveling process more difficult and slow was the selling point for me come this expansion.

New races + a better leveling experience? 100% sold.

Well, don't you worry about having missed Legion.

If you intend to level an Allied Race from Legion you will have to play through. Rep grinds are required in order to unlock these races.
07/25/2018 04:12 PMPosted by Gwynnevere
Not trying to start anything here, but did you know that they’re working on Classic WoW Legacy servers? No definitive time when Legacy will be released, but here’s the subforum link:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/22814264/

Not even sure if you’re interested in it, but thought I’d put that out there for you. Take care, hope you find a game you enjoy!
My first Classic missionary!

"Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior, Classic WoW?
See you in a month.
07/25/2018 06:27 PMPosted by Tsujiko
07/25/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Cleosaptrix
so I really dont know if the service was better but I have heard how there used to be a lot more interaction between players and Devs.

The old forums was full of back and forth between people who work at blizz and us. Unfortunately, everything the salty gamer touches turns to ash.

There is a pretty good reason we have a single CM responding to a few posts once in awhile or why the pvp forums might get a single response once a year or so. The very moment they respond to something that isn't on the list of complaints disgruntled players derail entire threads and start accusing Blizzard of not caring within 5 minutes of the post because the CM listed their favorite color or drink.

Before the shift that brought in all the negative players that whine about everything and pretty much live in the forums to spread their misery, we had lots of fun with the staff every week.

The all about ME crowd pretty much killed off interactions. Who on earth would want to come to the forums and read all the garbage some people spew about them because their every need wasn't catered to.

This is why we can't have nice things.

A million times this.

OP's post is a perfect example. No actual discussion of game concepts, just an emo screed that sounds more like he's crying about how mom and dad won't let him have the car on weekends.
Realistically they have never been more in touch than they are now. They are making changes that the game NEEDS, instead of what the forum wants like they did from Cata to WoD. Those days are over and we should rejoice for it.

As you can plainly see here, if you left it up to popular decision, there would be no world or time spent in the game at all. Everything would be free and there would be no challenge anywhere except at the tippy top of the difficulty curve where these posters would never travel.

Its ironic though, how people say they are out of touch or have no idea what the community wants.
I geuss you weren't around in WoD when every thread was talking about how there was nothing to do in the game, how the only time worth being on was raid days, and how everything was considerably easier than it used to be.

Those people are eating their words now, huh?
I'm with you OP. I know where you're coming from.

It all feels like mush. I'm not paying for mush.

I think there's a day on my sub, I haven't really played the game in any meaningful way for a few weeks now. I certainly won't be buying BfA, either.

And it's a shame. I upgraded my PC, I bought a new, bigger monitor, not necessarily just for WoW, but definitely in the anticipation of BfA... but they'll have to be for something else, now.

'Out of touch' is definitely the term of phrase I would use. I'm done with time-gating. It crept up in Legion with 'you have too many followers' for the mission table stuff - really? Too many followers? I've just been playing the game as normal.. and apparently I was playing too fast or something.

So I'm done, after a decade.
07/25/2018 04:13 PMPosted by Vampsyjoat
i dont understand when people thought blizzard was listening to their playerbase.

not listening to their playerbase has been a constant complaint since i started this game in vanilla.

so if they didnt listen to their playerbase in vanilla, or in BC or in wotlk, or in cat or in any other expac when exactly were they listening to their core?

I disagree. They do usually listen to the playerbase, but it's the wrong part of the playerbase.
07/25/2018 04:16 PMPosted by Ruadri
I'm not enjoying pre-patch.

I enjoyed Legion though.

I hate my class design in 8.0. I also had fun in legion once I beat the rng boss and recieved my legendary gloves and brscers. It was rough before then.
Actually there is a reason for you to list your complaints because I'm sick of these vague threads lamenting about literally nothing. It's usually things that either don't exist, are exaggerated, or are never even specified. This isn't feedback, these emo crying threads never are. "wahhh this isn't the same game from 10 years ago blizzard cater to me :(" IS NOT FEEDBACK.
We should not complain about the complainers complaining about the complaining.

In other news, Hunter's Explosive Shot now does zero damage and despawns in beta. Randomly and with elevation changes.

Oh, and Rapid Fire got nerfed by 33%.
07/25/2018 08:43 PMPosted by Metrohaha
Realistically they have never been more in touch than they are now. They are making changes that the game NEEDS, instead of what the forum wants like they did from Cata to WoD. Those days are over and we should rejoice for it.

As you can plainly see here, if you left it up to popular decision, there would be no world or time spent in the game at all. Everything would be free and there would be no challenge anywhere except at the tippy top of the difficulty curve where these posters would never travel.

Its ironic though, how people say they are out of touch or have no idea what the community wants.
I geuss you weren't around in WoD when every thread was talking about how there was nothing to do in the game, how the only time worth being on was raid days, and how everything was considerably easier than it used to be.

Sorry, but.... WoD brought about pruning that ... who?.. asked for...? Immersion... took a dump here.

Legion.... brought MORE pruning.... DEVASTATED a lot of classes and specs... who , maybe a few... asked for that??? Class immersion/class fantasy was supposed to be a highlight of Legion!

As far as I'm concerned, where was the class fantasy of my BM hunter in Legion? She was destroyed. And, I played her since 2007. I KNOW she got destroyed. Luckily, I kept subbing for my holy Pally.. she was OKAY to play.

I kept playing in WoD, because I loved the game.. was still trying to be loyal to this game. I thought... okay, I am not keen on this pruning, but ok... I still am having 'some' fun. This was on my BM hunter.

Legion came, and absolutely destroyed her. Don't come at me with DPS high or low. I DON'T care about that. I care about immersion, and having fun on her. Pressing 3 buttons awkwardly doesn't cut it. I miss so much from years gone past. In all my 'toons'.... pally, druid. Though, those two have taken less of a beating.

Yes.... Blizz Devs are out of touch... if you think different, then... I just smh at you. How can you even think they're still in touch? In touch with who? Those who'd want WoW on an App? Wtf....
You will be missing out on what is shaping up to be a really good expansion, I've played the beta, and it's good stuff.

The Forum monkeys will disagree, but all they do is fling poo and cry. Oh and still pay for their subs.
07/25/2018 11:09 PMPosted by Velvette
07/25/2018 08:43 PMPosted by Metrohaha

Sorry, but.... WoD brought about pruning that ... who?.. asked for...? Immersion... took a dump here.

Legion.... brought MORE pruning.... DEVASTATED a lot of classes and specs... who , maybe a few... asked for that??? Class immersion/class fantasy was supposed to be a highlight of Legion!

As far as I'm concerned, where was the class fantasy of my BM hunter in Legion? She was destroyed. And, I played her since 2007. I KNOW she got destroyed. Luckily, I kept subbing for my holy Pally.. she was OKAY to play.

I kept playing in WoD, because I loved the game.. was still trying to be loyal to this game. I thought... okay, I am not keen on this pruning, but ok... I still am having 'some' fun. This was on my BM hunter.

Legion came, and absolutely destroyed her. Don't come at me with DPS high or low. I DON'T care about that. I care about immersion, and having fun on her. Pressing 3 buttons awkwardly doesn't cut it. I miss so much from years gone past. In all my 'toons'.... pally, druid. Though, those two have taken less of a beating.

Yes.... Blizz Devs are out of touch... if you think different, then... I just smh at you. How can you even think they're still in touch? In touch with who? Those who'd want WoW on an App? Wtf....

Edited: If you think I'm being 'vague' click on Velvette's posts... I made plenty detailed posts on why I was concerned about the new changes, a few years back.

Shake my head at those.. SMH... that think blizz devs are in touch with the player base. Ludicrous. Still subbed because 2006-18 invested, I guess...? Totally looking forward to Legacy WoW being released. Will still keep current sub, if needed. Why? Because I believe in Legacy WoW and my original character I made... she means a lot to me, lol at me if you want.

That is all.
No one cares about your story. Buy the game or don't.

Please don't feed bad threads, fools.
Yeah this Blizzard is WAYYYY better!

40 person raiding, for 5 hours, 4 plus nights a week, to nearly never get loot.

WORST GAME EVER.

Legion is the Wow I always wanted, so I'm giving BFA more than a fair chance.