Anduin and the Void?

General Discussion
Anduin is a member of the church of the holy light and a priest. Logically he should reject void elves. I mean a hero of the former alliance showing back as a void elf is hardly an excuse to allow an entire group of people battling madness into their factions and city where if they lose control for even one moment they could hurt an innocent, even a child. Allowing void elves in was a risk. So why then did he do it?

My belief is that Anduin wants to be taught in the ways of the void/shadows. Probably be Alleria who is ostensibly the first/only mortal to gain mastery over them. We see him in hearthstone with access to shadowform. Obviously that's not canon but I think it's reasonable to believe that Anduin appreciates balance and wishes to learn more of the void.

I don't think he is a thrall of the old gods "The boy king sits at the masters table, 3 lies he will offer you" I don't think he is purposefully in league with the void but I can easily imagine they are taking advantage of him. I do believe he is offering 3 lies but he may not be aware that he is telling a falsehood.

I believe he has interest in void elves and the void and that's dangerous especially due to his purity and naive idealism which is perfect for old god whispers to slither in.

In any case it'd be interesting to see what the future of the old gods and void has in store and how anduin relates.
he did it because we have fabulous hair
I don't know why...
But I sorta like you new elves.

Nice hair.
Anduin has used Void/Shadow powers to defend himself in the past. Like Valen, he is a discipline priest that utilizes both the Light and the Void. They both understand the benefits and drawbacks to the Void and know their power. Alleria has given the Alliance a balance to the Light and a very valuable asset for the war to come. There might be a small backlash from the users of the Light that might not accept the Void Elves and there might be an incident where they might succumb to the madness, but those will be isolated incidents.
"Ogmot sees lady wrapped in dark swirlies. She leads herd of blind sheep."

This is Alleria, she is getting people to trust the void, to use it's power, What could possibly go wrong?

All the actions many of us have attributed to "bad writing" are actually symptoms of manipulation by the Void.
Maybe so, but I'm not sure I see him going into the Void. But remember Anduin isn't just a priest, he's also a king. He can't always act in the name of the Light. Sometimes he has to do things contrary to it to benefit his people.

In this case, the Alliance desperately needs new recruits. Alleria is a void user too, but is also well respected by everyone. Her word vouching for the void elves is enough to convince the other leaders to let them join.

Plus Anduin has always been more open minded than most. He's not like Yrel or Xe'ra, he knows there's many other paths besides the Light and is happy to accept them.
07/26/2018 12:57 PMPosted by Theodwulf

This is Alleria, she is getting people to trust the void, to use it's power, What could possibly go wrong?

All the actions many of us have attributed to "bad writing" are actually symptoms of manipulation by the Void.

Couldn't the lady wrapped in dark swirlies just as easily be Sylvanas? In the cinematics she has dark energy swirl around her. Plus she raises her own soldiers with the plague juice stuff as well.
Sorry the designers and stock holders needed more players and the only way to do that was to give alliance blood elves for double subs. Anduin had nothing to do with it. In fact if you are hardcore lore immersive you quit after wrath or before.
He did it because we wants to call one of us "daddy"
Fabulous hair!
07/26/2018 12:24 PMPosted by Aira
Anduin is a member of the church of the holy light and a priest. Logically he should reject void elves. I mean a hero of the former alliance showing back as a void elf is hardly an excuse to allow an entire group of people battling madness into their factions and city where if they lose control for even one moment they could hurt an innocent, even a child. Allowing void elves in was a risk. So why then did he do it?

My belief is that Anduin wants to be taught in the ways of the void/shadows. Probably be Alleria who is ostensibly the first/only mortal to gain mastery over them. We see him in hearthstone with access to shadowform. Obviously that's not canon but I think it's reasonable to believe that Anduin appreciates balance and wishes to learn more of the void.

I don't think he is a thrall of the old gods "The boy king sits at the masters table, 3 lies he will offer you" I don't think he is purposefully in league with the void but I can easily imagine they are taking advantage of him. I do believe he is offering 3 lies but he may not be aware that he is telling a falsehood.

I believe he has interest in void elves and the void and that's dangerous especially due to his purity and naive idealism which is perfect for old god whispers to slither in.

In any case it'd be interesting to see what the future of the old gods and void has in store and how anduin relates.

The void elf situation is literally identical to demon hunters who are possessed by a demon and suppress it via willpower, in fact demon hunters have a much higher rate of failure than void elves do so far. No one is questioning why we let them in though.
The Void Elves may seem to be a ticking time bomb but Red Eyed Elves are an even bigger one and they are on the Horde and include the Horde's own Warchief!

Do not forget the Void Lords screamed out that Sylvanas served the true enemy when she took her dark swirly form with back tendrils where her Red Eyes started especially glowing.

I have no idea how the true enemy manages to turn certain Undead's eyes Red but it doesn't seem limited to Dark Rangers as one of the Knights of the Ebon Blade(Lady Alistra who is the evilest of them) have the Red Eyes as well.

The fact that just one of the Knights of the Ebon Blade were raised with Red Eyes by the Lich King indicates that the true enemy corrupts Undead randomly.

Furthermore Nathanos was only corrupted after getting his flesh which means the flesh granting proceedure provides an opening as likely does any other changes in state of Undeath(such as Banshee Sylvanas possessing her corpse).

We need to know Lady Alistra's history before we can understand how the true enemy operates. Is her time as a Death Knight the only period she was Undead(in which case the true enemy can corrupt even without transition between forms of Undeath) or did the Lich King elevate her from a more rotten yet not fully dead state?

If he did then he made a really poor choice since he gave the true enemy another tool.
07/26/2018 01:01 PMPosted by Sneakyapple
07/26/2018 12:57 PMPosted by Theodwulf

Couldn't the lady wrapped in dark swirlies just as easily be Sylvanas? In the cinematics she has dark energy swirl around her. Plus she raises her own soldiers with the plague juice stuff as well.

If it's Sylvanas it would be , Meh.. BUT if it is Alleria, someone much more "trustworthy", who also has some connection to "dark swirlies", it would have a much bigger impact on the world. Think Cordana Felsong, who saw that coming?

We'll see soon enough, I am hoping for a good twist!
07/26/2018 01:41 PMPosted by Theodwulf
If it's Sylvanas it would be , Meh.. BUT if it is Alleria, someone much more "trustworthy", who also has some connection to "dark swirlies", it would have a much bigger impact on the world. Think Cordana Felsong, who saw that coming?

It can't be Sylvanas. Read "Before the storm" I don't believe she had a heard of blind sheep anymore. The other races of the horde have always distrusted her besides maybe goblins which don't care and so only her fellow forsaken could be considered "blind" but the recent novel explains quite well that there is some disrest within the forsaken and then she does something bad that could just sow the dissent. She has few blind followers anymore.

I'm not sure if it's Alleria because that's the second obvious choice and I want it to not be obvious at all. I want it to genuinely surprise us. We know it's a woman and that they likely have a connection to the shadows/void.

It could be Azshara I guess but that's also too easy. She's already a baddie so that's not particularly interesting.

It's also possible that her connection to the void isn't obvious.

It has to be someone we trust. I feel like we're the sheep. The PC. Who do we trust? Sylvanas' isn't trusted, and honestly Alleria I don't think is either. She is by Anduin and some in the alliance but the PC doesn't have any particular reason to trust her unless you're a void elf and even then... Again Alleria is too obvious.

Do we trust jaina? She doesn't really have many followers though. I mean the alliance still considers her a hero I suppose but she's just been off doing her own thing.

Well... hmmm. Alex the dragon queen. No one would suspect her but isn't she the last dragon aspect to not fall to corruption? It seems inevitable to be honest. All dragons and most mortals place a high amount of trust in her. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if alex becomes corrupted and a raid boss in BFA. But she may not be the person mentioned by the ogre.