Top 4 DPS specs going into the expansion with?

General Discussion
Tuning will likely continue up to the first week that first raid opens on Mythic, so your guess is as good as anyone else's guess. Best advice is probably to play the class and spec you enjoy, the FOTM spec rarely if ever stays on top long.
07/24/2018 08:45 PMPosted by Breakbeat
07/24/2018 08:37 PMPosted by Carin
Stop saying "play what you like". It is obvious that the guy likes to play top DPS specs. Deal with it.

Why would I stop saying it? It's true, logical, smart, correct, and also realistic.

You know what is lame and kinda delusional? Thinking you are gaining some kind of advantage by picking the top DPS spec. It's actually the epitome of silliness, and kind of cringe-worthy when people get super passionate about it.

Buying a Bugatti Chiron doesn't make you the best driver in the world.
Buying a pair of Jordans doesn't mean you could take on LeBron.
Picking the top DPS class doesn't mean you will top DPS charts.

I dunno about you folks, but when I see the guy with the Bugatti fronting like he's Tom Kristensen, or the guy with the Jordans acting like he actually IS Jordan... I know what I think of them. Well, it follows that I would feel the same about the FOTM DPS guy as well. Sorry!

No, but picking a class with a higher ceiling at least gives you the possibility of reaching said ceiling.
Going by your comparison: buying the fastest car doesn't make you the best driver but it gives you the option to go the fastest.
07/24/2018 09:27 PMPosted by Cinistra
Tuning will likely continue up to the first week that first raid opens on Mythic, so your guess is as good as anyone else's guess. Best advice is probably to play the class and spec you enjoy, the FOTM spec rarely if ever stays on top long.

FotM specs primarily stay on top for the tier in which they are FotM.

But with BFA being a new xpac, you always have to be wary of the week after heroic tuning/first week of mythic.

It's always safe to choose a class that has 2-3 possibilities to be FotM though.
Find the class with the highest number of enjoyable specs and go with that.
07/24/2018 08:10 PMPosted by Arthwa
I'm currently trying to decide on what to main. So trying to get an idea on what will be good

Rogue, Mage, Warlock.

Pick one. Odds are one of their 3 specs will be performing well the entirety of the expansion.
I may actually switch over to huntard this expac. Just because I like the ranged mobility.
07/24/2018 08:10 PMPosted by Arthwa
I'm currently trying to decide on what to main. So trying to get an idea on what will be good

Whatever you pick, Blizzard will totally rebalance every class/spec the week before mythic opens up. Just like normal.
rogue,hunter,ret and warlock.
ret paladin outlaw rogue and frost mage are my favorite this time around.

frost mage showed bad numbers on charts @120 for now though.

we'll see how they "adjust" things.
Tip: Don't ever pick your "main" based on what's strong as the beginning of the expansion. You could be looking at a detrimental nerf within the first 2-3 weeks of the first Raid.