Warmode live?

War Mode and World PvP
Is the whole bounty system with warmode live already or not? I feel like there's some trolling going on , or something is not working cause I have been picking people off in front of ORG all week and not a single body can I loot.
The 'Bounty Hunter' and 'Air Supply Drop' features are active in Darkshore, and will be active of course in all Battle for Azeroth zones.
Odd im killing Horde in darkshore and still not getting anything
07/24/2018 06:01 PMPosted by Phalanx
The 'Bounty Hunter' and 'Air Supply Drop' features are active in Darkshore, and will be active of course in all Battle for Azeroth zones.

I was screwing around in darkshore earlier, and ended up with a bounty (and then I was swarmed, it was hilarious).

Is there any incentive to stick around if you're targeted with a bounty? right now it kinda seems like your best option is to immediately leave, to deny the horde their bounty hunting rewards.
what is the gear that drops i wonder?
07/24/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Hrothknut

I got a 215 warforged chest, 215 helm, and 205 helm from the three Horde assassins I killed last night and looted (a bag lies on the ground next to their corpse).
You can see the chest in my armory - it already updated: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/sargeras/Smalltoch
However, none of us in the zone ever saw an air drop and we were there for a few hours. Anyone actually see one?
07/25/2018 05:16 AMPosted by Smalltoch

I got a 215 warforged chest, 215 helm, and 205 helm from the three Horde assassins I killed last night and looted (a bag lies on the ground next to their corpse).
You can see the chest in my armory - it already updated: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/sargeras/Smalltoch
However, none of us in the zone ever saw an air drop and we were there for a few hours. Anyone actually see one?

I also played for hours and never saw an air drop.
07/25/2018 06:51 AMPosted by Redeagle
I also played for hours and never saw an air drop.

Hmm..

Can you confirm that it's actually live and working? Does it announce something to everyone in the zone?
07/24/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Arctos

I was screwing around in darkshore earlier, and ended up with a bounty (and then I was swarmed, it was hilarious).

Is there any incentive to stick around if you're targeted with a bounty? right now it kinda seems like your best option is to immediately leave, to deny the horde their bounty hunting rewards.

Check your buff while you are a flagged as an assassin. I believe it gives you additional honor for kills, and increased damage/health/healing whatever.

Why is it not active across all zones?

Seems like it would be fun.
07/25/2018 08:23 AMPosted by Balanor
Check your buff while you are a flagged as an assassin. I believe it gives you additional honor for kills, and increased damage/health/healing whatever.

The problem is, when you KILL someone who is the target of a bounty, you get items, bonus honor, etc. When you ARE the bounty, you turn into a loot Piñata for the enemy. Hitting the point where you're such a threat/nuisance that you become a target should reward you.
07/25/2018 12:55 PMPosted by Arctos

The problem is, when you KILL someone who is the target of a bounty, you get items, bonus honor, etc. When you ARE the bounty, you turn into a loot Piñata for the enemy. Hitting the point where you're such a threat/nuisance that you become a target should reward you.

I disgaree, because I think blizzard intends to use it as a way to encourage players of the opposite faction into wpvp by going after gankers. Your reward is wpvp.
07/25/2018 05:16 AMPosted by Smalltoch

Neat, but I was more interested in the air drops, which maybe aren't active? Mostly interested in base ilvl tbh.

Random stat drops I presume?
Havent seen a supply drop but ive killed plenty of bounties. Yet i havent been able to get the bounty loot, every bounty is swarmed by 20 people trying to click that little bag.
07/24/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Arctos

The incentive is the damage buff you get. Guess this really only helps Rogues since they can vanish their way to victory.
07/25/2018 08:28 AMPosted by Flàshock

Why is it not active across all zones?

Seems like it would be fun.

And give people even more reason to camp the teleporters on Argus? Nothx.
07/25/2018 12:55 PMPosted by Arctos

If you become a bounty then you clearly love world PvP, and you're rewarded with a whole lot more world PvP!

A big problem with world PvP that I had was it was a pain in the !@# to get people to actually deal with nuisances that were shutting down questing areas. Now people are properly incentivised. I think it's a great system. Less griefing, more PvP.
07/25/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Neridon
If you become a bounty then you clearly love world PvP, and you're rewarded with a whole lot more world PvP!

No you aren't.

You're "rewarded" with a zillion man zerg showing up, smacking you into oblivion with zero hope of actually stopping them because numbers trump all (even if you formed your own raid, it's laughably easy to burst one person through any amount of healers), and then all of those people immediately disappearing again until the next bounty is up.

Have you actually even done War Mode?

The bounty target should get something similar to the kill reward for surviving x amount of time, or landing x amount of kills before they die. After all, if you're beating everyone up, you're awesome and should be justly rewarded, the same as every other outlet this game offers, where skill actually gets you something.
07/25/2018 02:30 PMPosted by Tyranova
07/25/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Neridon

No you aren't.

You're "rewarded" with a zillion man zerg showing up, smacking you into oblivion with zero hope of actually stopping them because numbers trump all (even if you formed your own raid, it's laughably easy to burst one person through any amount of healers), and then all of those people immediately disappearing again until the next bounty is up.

Have you actually even done War Mode?

So...you're subjected to what you're doing to other people?
07/25/2018 02:32 PMPosted by Neridon
So...you're subjected to what you're doing to other people?

Not at all?

There's a very significant difference between a solo player or small group fighting other solo and small groups and sticking around (because they have to in order to get a bounty on their heads) and a giant zerg showing up and smacking someone and then disappearing for a year.

Again, do you actually participate in War Mode?