Rogues one shotting people in Arena at 120

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
Removing templates was a mistake. Assassination had a 50% or 55% agility nerf in pvp and they were still top-tier.
I love watching a certain FOTM rogue in this thread try and fight every person about the clip (even other rogues!), as if it will prevent the class from being nerfed hard.
07/26/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Infernastorm
So many people freaking out over beta.

It's like this is their first beta experience.
BFA is 3 weeks away. BFA s1 is 5 weeks away. Blizzard is ignoring all feedback on PvP at the moment, as they pretty much always do. It's like this is your first beta experience if you think things are going to change this close to launch.
07/26/2018 04:58 PMPosted by Yubz
I love watching a certain FOTM rogue in this thread try and fight every person about the clip (even other rogues!), as if it will prevent the class from being nerfed hard.

It’s hilarious because I acually don’t give a !@#$ about this spec, main sub, and will be playing sub at 120
07/26/2018 04:59 PMPosted by Josey
Blizzard is ignoring all feedback on PvP at the moment, as they pretty much always do.

Just because they don't respond doesn't mean that they're ignoring your feedback.
07/26/2018 05:11 PMPosted by Isilynor

It’s hilarious because I acually don’t give a !@#$ about this spec, main sub, and will be playing sub at 120

Sub was the spec shown in the clip so..... not sure your point?
07/26/2018 02:53 PMPosted by Snowfox
"rogues op in pvp"... what year is it?

I feel like it could be any year in the past 12 years.

Nah they were pretty terrible in wod or in the beginning at least they were doing tickle damage.

Guessing you didn't even watch the video, then.
07/26/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Voltagebaus
07/26/2018 02:53 PMPosted by Snowfox
"rogues op in pvp"... what year is it?

I feel like it could be any year in the past 12 years.

Nah they were pretty terrible in wod or in the beginning at least they were doing tickle damage.

WoD is the reason red buff killing spree was deleted from the game.
It was a hilarious ability, but hilariously OP.

good news

that's just as broken and you're still FOTM praying it won't be rectified before you achieve the immense goal of 1750 in 2's
07/26/2018 05:19 PMPosted by Azraia
07/26/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Voltagebaus

WoD is the reason red buff killing spree was deleted from the game.
It was a hilarious ability, but hilariously OP.

All I remember from WoD pvp was the very beginning. At least I think it was assassination that was straight up garbage.
This and other stupidly absurd things with PvP are why I do not understand why anyone finds it worthwhile to seriously commit themselves to this niche in the game.

I can actually somewhat empathize with the hardcore raiding crowd. I think I get it why they do what they do. It isn't for me, but I get it. This though? PvP? On my most open minded day I cannot understand what worthwhile thing people see in this mess.

It's just too messed up to take seriously.
07/26/2018 05:28 PMPosted by Woodspath
This and other stupidly absurd things with PvP are why I do not understand why anyone finds it worthwhile to seriously commit themselves to this niche in the game.

I can actually somewhat empathize with the hardcore raiding crowd. I think I get it why they do what they do. It isn't for me, but I get it. This though? PvP? On my most open minded day I cannot understand what worthwhile thing people see in this mess.

It's just too messed up to take seriously.

Gotta have faith. It's not all like this, but occasionally they decide to take the approach to speed up PvP (usually if healers are too dominant) what eventually happens is damage becomes way too high in relation to health pools and things just pop.

Personally I prefer a more measured approach, higher health pools, lower damage and healing, longer combat. That way you have opportunities to react and make decisions that give you an advantage instead "who pressed x cooldown first".
It's a difficult thing to balance though as on one side you want it to be fair and balanced, but on the other side people still want to see progression for their character and strength increases (this is an MMORPG after all)
bump
I just started playing rogue with no intention of PvP

Hope they don't nerf us in pve
07/26/2018 04:45 PMPosted by Amine
07/26/2018 04:42 PMPosted by Guccisaurus

https://imgur.com/a/v86VeW2

I'll take "Trolling" for 400

That isn't proof of anything - your buddy could have sent that to you. Trouble is you switched to this character to post for reasons.

They handed out beta and even alpha like candy and then basically ignored all feedback. I should know I participated in the 30 plus page thread on alpha forums begging them not to go forward with the gcd changes.
This may or may not have factored into my choice to level a rogue recently <.< >.>

You have no proof.

At low levels, rogues feel comparable to other classes. I am interested to play more if I manage to get to 110 before the nerf. However, I'm starting to feel that all class changes are delayed till 8.1 - a very bad decision in my eyes. Things are a little too broken right now.
07/26/2018 03:32 PMPosted by Bealka
07/26/2018 02:56 PMPosted by Kejunwen

Us Shamans are in serious need of a NERF!!!

Please no, I don't want my fire elemental to be stronger than my class.

Rehgar Earthfury, my follower, is already stronger than myself (ele)
07/26/2018 03:15 PMPosted by Solidusblarg
This is why I keep multiple max level characters. That way, when the meta changes, I can just switch characters.

Some of us get attached to a certain character during an expac or two. I used to be addicted to healing on Jujubiju for a good 4-6 years and my hunter since BC before that. I still refuse to delete my Vanilla rogue. I plan on leveling in BfA with this one because she's become my favorite and I wouldn't mind maining her.

There's a reason people want balance.