Your favorite race and why

General Discussion
Gnomes. I love their cute looks, clever intelligence and eccentric personalities.

Plus there's something really appealing to me about playing the underdog kind of race, with their short size and all. Proving that you can be small and adorable, yet still dangerous to those who dare underestimate you. I think they're interesting!
Gnomes because of their positive nature. I have never been playing my gnomes and not been in a good mood.
Void elves. Combining my two favourite flavours of Goth and Elves.
I mean, didja have to ask?

mon
Orcs, because everyone knows red goes the fastest.
Goblin
Orc (best voices)
Troll (great accents, can be druid)
For Alliance gnomes. The other races are just too darn ugly.

Mal
07/26/2018 04:44 PMPosted by Stéampunk
Gnomes master race

nuff said

/highfour

Please refer to my Goblin Master Race thread explaining reasons why goblins are the master race here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765036698
I love goblins for all of the reason on that list. For those who aren't willing to red that post. Here is why I love goblins the most:
1. So cool playing as a small, cunning, deadly greedy little guy that can mess you up if not careful.
2. I love how they look in certain types of armor. Especially goblin rogues, hunters, shamans and warriors.
3. That starting zone was just epic. It really immerses you in the whole goblin culture and gets you into the whole idea of it. Those that didn't like it probably don't main goblins.
4. Rocket jump for being one of the most fun racials.
5. Some of the goblin flirts and /silly lines are absolutely hilarious and fun to use.
6. I also love the whole steampunk style of goblins in addition to their greedy gansta like tendancies. Goblin women also manage to be cute and sultry at the same time.
Worgen. I just love the starting zone (Gilneas) so much, both the theme and the story behind it.
I like Blood Elves. Silvermoon is pretty. I really liked the way the Eversong Woods and Ghostlands quests seemed to flow together. Having done the Night Elf starter zone in Vanilla, which felt disjointed and then you go to Darkshore and it never really seemed like things connected the Elves to the Alliance as well.

Anyways. So Belfs really are probably my most played/favorite race. I post in the forums as a Forsaken because this is the face that happened to be up when I started hanging out on the forums.
Trolls.

They have an ambivalent feeling...
Silly yet cunning, calm yet ferocious, laid back yet dangerous.

Or all mixed together. Who cares?

*Takes a finger, dips it in blood and start munching*
07/26/2018 04:22 PMPosted by Matsujin
Orc.

Because Orc.

I used to like Orcs until they went GMO. I only do organic.
Now I like Gnomes...because someone has to.
Do you know how when you really like something, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, because it's something you just really like and nothing will change your mind? That's how I am with Gnomes.

As for why, who really can say why they like what they like. Some things we just gravitate towards more than others.
07/26/2018 04:20 PMPosted by Romanna
In b4 Mom shows up to yell at us!

Blood Elves are my favorite! They taste the best!

(sets out a tray of blood elf fingers and dipping sauce for all to enjoy)

Ok, you made me laugh. <3
Humans. Many reasons, too many to list. Major reason though is I love their plainness, the minimalism.
I like those Pandaren fellas.
07/26/2018 05:20 PMPosted by Pandaren
I like those Pandaren fellas.

I like pandaren but hard to come up with good mogs for them due to their shape
Despite the fact I play Draenei a lot... probably the various elves, to be honest.

When I was much younger, I always played elves in games if they were available (be it in an actual game, or just... in a more pre-tend-y "we're five" way). And they were heavily part of my overall introduction into Fantasy as a genre (be it the Drizzt books, LotR, Magic: The Gathering, etc...)

Looking back on it, a larger part of me preferred playing as them since I liked having characters that represented myself to be more feminine. And magic was cool (or bows, I used to be pretty decent at archery).

And, my first introduction to World of Warcraft was... well, playing as a Night Elf on a family friend's account (more to distract me, I was... like... a sixth grader?).

But I also generally gravitate to the architecture and nature-aspects, Night Elves played heavily on the nature side and had very vibrant areas because of it. Blood Elves played more into the architectural aesthetic I liked.

The larger, taller, broader, more muscular races always felt off for me to play. Kind of caused a disconnect that made me feel dysphoric on them.

(I've gravitated more to Draenei recently since they're the closest-looking-thing to tieflings :B)
I've noticed something in these "favorite race" threads. It's a common thread topic, and here's something I noticed that jumps out: Human toons are more likely than any other race to say they love a race other than their own.

Look, my fellow Human lovers, it's okay to be proud of your race. Even though we are, by some unofficial estimates, the majority and even though we are front and center in the lore does not mean we should feel as if we have to elevate other races other than our own, other races that probably don't like us much anyway.

Furthermore, since lovers of Humans toons have drilled into their head that "Humans are boring," some Humans, I worry, feel as if they have to say they prefer some other race just so they can seem "interesting."
I like void elves because they're petite, not clunkers like night elves. I'd be blood elf but my bf plays on the alliance side like a lameo.
07/26/2018 04:59 PMPosted by Çryptø
07/26/2018 04:44 PMPosted by Stéampunk
Gnomes master race

nuff said

/highfour

Please refer to my Goblin Master Race thread explaining reasons why goblins are the master race here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765036698
I love goblins for all of the reason on that list. For those who aren't willing to red that post. Here is why I love goblins the most:
1. So cool playing as a small, cunning, deadly greedy little guy that can mess you up if not careful.
2. I love how they look in certain types of armor. Especially goblin rogues, hunters, shamans and warriors.
3. That starting zone was just epic. It really immerses you in the whole goblin culture and gets you into the whole idea of it. Those that didn't like it probably don't main goblins.
4. Rocket jump for being one of the most fun racials.
5. Some of the goblin flirts and /silly lines are absolutely hilarious and fun to use.
6. I also love the whole steampunk style of goblins in addition to their greedy gansta like tendancies. Goblin women also manage to be cute and sultry at the same time.

We don't need a long winded reason to be the master race, we just are.

We are as the sky is blue.