Uldir - Unlock Schedule

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 17 Next
07/25/2018 03:22 PMPosted by Hulalulu
07/25/2018 02:03 PMPosted by Grýph
The LFR delay isn't long enough. People should be encouraged to do normal raiding. I mean the goal of LFR is to allow people to see the content you develop not to negate doing regular social character progressive content.

Please stop with the hand holding. Encourage people to join a guild and be part of the community.

What's a guild? Oh I remember now. You're talking about that useless gutted piece of garbage that once formed communities.

And it will once again. Just wait patiently for the Vanilla server my friend. That wonderful feeling of community and belonging to a guild is right around the corner.
07/25/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Ornyx
Hey all!

The following is our current planned release schedule for Uldir raid content:

• September 4 - Normal and Heroic open
  • September 11 - Mythic, Raid Finder Wing 1: Halls of Containment (Taloc, MOTHER, Zek’voz, Herald of N’zoth)
  • September 25 - Raid Finder Wing 2: Crimson Descent (Fetid Devourer, Vectis, Zul, Reborn)
  • October 9 - Raid Finder Wing 3: Heart of Corruption (Mythrax the Unraveler, G’huun)

We’ll have more information to share in the next few days on when other types of Battle for Azeroth content will unlock.

Glad to see LFR is gated again, wish it would go away. There really isn't a need for LFR anymore with normal modes. Game doesn't have to guarantee a victory.
The LFR delay isn't long enough. People should be encouraged to do normal raiding. I mean the goal of LFR is to allow people to see the content you develop not to negate doing regular social character progressive content.

Please stop with the hand holding. Encourage people to join a guild and be part of the community.

No

If by the tone of your post is any indicator "encouraging" means forcing and i am not playing for that. There is no way to judge guilds outside of joining them and trying them for a test/fail to see if there not full of terrible people.
Munches popcorn...
07/25/2018 04:47 PMPosted by Alizah
Why dont some of you LFR exclusive players want to run normal at least? Normal really isnt that much more difficult than LFR and then you CAN see all the content the first week.

Even with the excuse that some have being that there isnt enough time to run it, you can just run a couple bosses at a time and then do a few more later.

That would be because, none of your business is why. The very second you begin paying me or my subscription is exactly the moment I will being reporting to you every thing I do in game.

Thank you for explaining to the team what their intentions are. I'm sure they appreciate it, too.
07/25/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Landore
Hey all!

• September 11 - Mythic, Raid Finder Wing 1: Halls of Containment (Taloc, MOTHER, Zek’voz, Herald of N’zoth)
  • September 25 - Raid Finder Wing 2: Crimson Descent (Fetid Devourer, Vectis, Zul, Reborn)
  • October 9 - Raid Finder Wing 3: Heart of Corruption (Mythrax the Unraveler, G’huun)

We’ll have more information to share in the next few days on when other types of Battle for Azeroth content will unlock.

So LFR raiders are getting the shaft again. Really tired of this and I won't resub until it unlocks.

No reason to gate LFR like this anymore.

Why should the game designers cater to lfr players? you should be happy you even get to see that content.
08/09/2018 05:31 AMPosted by Alpacapacino

So LFR raiders are getting the shaft again. Really tired of this and I won't resub until it unlocks.

No reason to gate LFR like this anymore.

Why should the game designers cater to lfr players? you should be happy you even get to see that content.
Im in your game downing all the current bosses every expansion without a guild and there is nothing u can do about it.
08/07/2018 10:17 AMPosted by Nottademon
Hey all!

Glad to see LFR is gated again, wish it would go away. There really isn't a need for LFR anymore with normal modes. Game doesn't have to guarantee a victory.
Because normal is normal and lfr is lfr u make no sense at all.
LFR is fine for giving people a way to see content that they wouldn't otherwise see. A place to see the story when a raid isn't current content, but you can't do it on your own.

It should be released when the NEXT raid comes out.

Having LFR when a raid is current is absurd. It encourages players to do absolutely nothing and get rewarded. You don't have to do your rotation. You barely have to even walk to the bosses and you get loot handed to you.

You shouldn't be able to essentially AFK and be rewarded. That's unhealthy for the state of the game. We overlook this aspect in missions because we understand that that's how Blizzard keeps people subbed, and the rewards don't really matter. Rewarding people with gear for simply clicking a button to queue detracts from the value of raiding.
08/10/2018 06:15 PMPosted by Bis
LFR is fine for giving people a way to see content that they wouldn't otherwise see. A place to see the story when a raid isn't current content, but you can't do it on your own.

Having LFR when a raid is current is absurd. It encourages players to do absolutely nothing and get rewarded. You don't have to do your rotation. You barely have to even walk to the bosses and you get loot handed to you.

You shouldn't be able to essentially AFK and be rewarded. That's unhealthy for the state of the game. We overlook this aspect in missions because we understand that that's how Blizzard keeps people subbed, and the rewards don't really matter. Rewarding people with gear for simply clicking a button to queue detracts from the value of raiding.
Speak for yourself please i never afk and i know my rotations please or i wouldn't have downed my mage towers.
The raid release schedule and the following LFR wing releases never really effected me. Even though I had a hard time finding a guild to raid in weekly, I often times pug and that ends up being a fail most the time but I do get the raid full cleared at times. The issue with pugs is the doorway to entry they make for others all while being under geared and no experience themselves, thus causing wipes and the group falling apart. The other set of pugs demand silly ilvl and heroic achieves for the normal. That leaves a small set of pug raids that will stick it out and get it done.

I do like using LFR for a shot at filler gear and I do try to see the mechanics and or try to see how the tanks and healers do things as a learning tool. I wish the LFR had harder mechanics for this reason but I am the minority. LFR for some people is raiding and that is fine. Not everyone can commit to a raid schedule in a guild, or like the way gear can alter peoples personalities. If I'm in a guild and they have a raid team, and I am not on it, I do not wait for invites. I go and do my raid for the week cause it is my sub time. Frankly, guilds are hard to join into mid xpac or at the start of a new one as I find them so tight not that a new person is sat on the bench tell they feel like letting them tag along. That is to be expected of course but It sucks.

TLDR; LFR is a great way for people with tight schedules or no guild to see the content and get some loot. IT SHOULD NOT be used as a way to out gear normal or higher levels and that is fine. This stigma that "Real Raiders" set for this content is silly. Yes, there are some that free load of the people that try, but there are still people out there that put forth 100% effort for the loot.
it matters not when it's released. Play your game, let everyone else play theirs.
08/10/2018 06:15 PMPosted by Bis

Gating the story behind content not everyone is seeing is stupid in the first place. Stretching that out even further is even worse; if you don't do normal or higher raiding you might as well just watch the important story aspects of the game on YouTube in your scenario rather than play.

Making that content available after some new cinematic comes out for a patch release furthering a story that a good chunk of your player base never even got to see in game would be ridiculous.

Having LFR when a raid is current is absurd. It encourages players to do absolutely nothing and get rewarded.

Rewarding people with gear for simply clicking a button to queue detracts from the value of raiding.

There IS no value to raiding outside of seeing the story and having the experience of doing it. If you enjoy the challenge of raiding with a group of people, then do it because you enjoy it. If someone else doesn't, and just wants to finish it to see what's what in the game while it's relevant and then focus on something more suited to them, then LFR.

Your gear isn't going to last past the next major patch that raises the ilevel ceiling. The day before a new expansion hits you'd think people would understand better that nothing they do in this game matters beyond their enjoyment while playing it. Anyone who argues to devalue someone else's experience in the misguided attempt to increase their own sense of fulfillment is better off ignored.
So by middle school age most children have grown past the childish impulse to be concerned about other people's toys.

How do you toddlers who don't want lfr ers to be able to raid at the same time as you do actually manage to pay for your game? Does your allowance cover it? Do you play on your daddy's computer?

To clarify, I raid.

Don't you really mean to force people to join a guild so they can potentially have some folks try to tell them what to do in a video game?
No reason to gate LFR like this anymore

Blizzard doesn't like LFR, real players don't like LFR, only filthy casuals enjoy LFR because they cannot be bothered to actually learn to play and cooperate with others.

LFR cheapens the raiding experience for everyone.

I remember back in WotLK when I FINALLY defeated Arthas in normal mode, there were nerd screams in Ventrillo and we all stayed late to celebrate our victory. The feeling of accomplishment of having come so far to finally defeat the Lich King was the best feeling I ever had in a Video game.

Now I can simply click a button to jump in at the last boss(es) and even if the randoms fail, we get to try again with a 10% stacking buff. Killing the boss is no longer as rewarding as it was because I know that I just beat the raid on a different difficulty, I do not need to struggle, or raid for weeks and months with a guild, make friends, deal with loot drama, the raid Raid Leader's GF, etc.

Where has the Glory of raiding gone?

LFR has ruined that important aspect of raiding. Now it's all about achievements and timed runs for epeen, the sense of adventure, challenge and community died with the Lich King...
08/13/2018 07:54 AMPosted by Elevenbravo
Don't you really mean to force people to join a guild so they can potentially have some folks try to tell them what to do in a video game?

Make your own guild/group if you don't want to be told what to do... Oh wait.. you also don't wanna do that... HMMMM

See the real problem is people like you don't wanna actually have to do anything, you just want to be given everything with 0 effort.
08/12/2018 12:08 PMPosted by Valtyr
The issue with pugs is the doorway to entry they make for others all while being under geared and no experience themselves, thus causing wipes and the group falling apart

I have been asking this for awhile now: Have a Leader Rating system for PUGs where you can rate the leader of a raid group once you complete the raid or the leader leaves group. You rate him/her for Leadership, Knowledge and Friendliness. Also show stats for number of successful boss kills. Guildies cannot vote, pugs only.

That way it helps the community identify !@#$% and great players who operate outside of a guild at times or all the time. That way if you see a player demanding huge achievements when they have never killed any Heroic bosses, you know not to join that group. Or if the player is all downvotes, you know not to join that group.