#BattleforFullscreen

General Discussion
Prev 1 47 48 49 Next
10/23/2018 08:46 AMPosted by Forums
Blizzard didn't. Microsoft did.
How many times have you posted this very same lie over and over in this thread?
I can't believe I wasted so much time trying to troubleshoot this issue and am extremely disappointed with Blizzard. Full screen (windowed) dropped my fps down to around 10 constantly. I had no idea that putting it in windowed mode would fix the problem. The part that really gets to me is that there was no mention of this in any technical troubleshooting guide for low fps that I saw like this one right here: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/18542. And I am fully on board with us going back to a proper fullscreen. Any windowed mode takes away from the gameplay for me.
10/28/2018 09:23 AMPosted by Jappy
I can't believe I wasted so much time trying to troubleshoot this issue and am extremely disappointed with Blizzard. Full screen (windowed) dropped my fps down to around 10 constantly. I had no idea that putting it in windowed mode would fix the problem. The part that really gets to me is that there was no mention of this in any technical troubleshooting guide for low fps that I saw like this one right here: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/18542. And I am fully on board with us going back to a proper fullscreen. Any windowed mode takes away from the gameplay for me.
The difference between fullscreen and windowed fullscreen is about 15 fps for me.
Well, it seems they are adding multithreading so at least there is a good reason for their update to DX12. Though it should have come before the API switch IMO. Also there is still no reason to axe fullscreen for DX11 and Apple users
Its the one change that I didn't like.
Blizzard if you wonder why subscriptions are at a record low....it is things like this.

#BattleforFullScreen
10/31/2018 02:34 PMPosted by Pikros
Blizzard if you wonder why subscriptions are at a record low....it is things like this.

#BattleforFullScreen

Its so shocking that this expansion is doing terrible right? When this decision was announced I knew blizz was taking its customers for granted. This is not the console crowd where we have to do what you say. Your game is supposed to fit OUR needs, not the other way around.

Big turning point blizz. You deserve everything your getting this xpac.
People with potatoes still complaining that blizz is catering less and less to potatoes
10/31/2018 02:56 PMPosted by Ozzyprime
People with potatoes still complaining that blizz is catering less and less to potatoes

Actually I am running a i7 rig at 4 k resolution. At 4k any additional stress with cause you to lose framerates.

#themoreyouknow

Good luck on your next troll! Nice 300 raider io score lol!

Not on a potato here. I need fullscreen to properly hook the HID software I use to accomodate my disability (deformed right arm). This and loss of the classic UI layout (necessitated WITHOUT having to use addons to bring it back - blind in right eye) have rendered WoW unplayable for me.

Got just over two months left of the six I had when the 8.0 prepatch went live. Not exactly a happy camper losing most of my remaining time like this instead of being able to play.

So yes, some of us actually really do need EFS mode for reasons other than just performance.
I can't use discord anymore because of the stupid pop ups whenever anyone in any of the channels I am a member of types anything in discord chat. I have the overlay option disabled. I do not know if I even can disable the text chat pop ups. This annoys me to no end. This was not a problem back before Blizzard removed the option full screen.

i9 7900X overclocked to 4.8 ghz
64 gigs of ram
2 1080ti in SLI formation
NVME SSD

Such a potato....

Even I lose 15 fps without full screen.
#BattleforFullScreen
Someone else in the thread earlier on mentioned Bellular's video on the engine changes (hopefully) still coming in 8.1, but here's a link if it wasn't dropped already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nAUuBcEwUs

Wowhead's got an article on the improvement's they found with it as well: https://www.wowhead.com/news=287727.3/new-multithread-optimizations-coming-in-patch-8-1-tides-of-vengeance

There seems to be improvements and this might allay some of the FPS problems, but it doesn't address the problems that Tiapriestess is having or the problems with overlays and pop up notifications obscuring the screen. There also doesn't seem to be much community testing of how well this is working on Mac and with Metal.

General consensus seems to be an FPS improvement of 15ish for Windows, but it seems like a bunch of the options of Metal are outright broken so it runs, but doesn't do much performance improving.
11/03/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Vashtanarada
Someone else in the thread earlier on mentioned Bellular's video on the engine changes (hopefully) still coming in 8.1, but here's a link if it wasn't dropped already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nAUuBcEwUs

Wowhead's got an article on the improvement's they found with it as well: https://www.wowhead.com/news=287727.3/new-multithread-optimizations-coming-in-patch-8-1-tides-of-vengeance

There seems to be improvements and this might allay some of the FPS problems, but it doesn't address the problems that Tiapriestess is having or the problems with overlays and pop up notifications obscuring the screen. There also doesn't seem to be much community testing of how well this is working on Mac and with Metal.

General consensus seems to be an FPS improvement of 15ish for Windows, but it seems like a bunch of the options of Metal are outright broken so it runs, but doesn't do much performance improving.

I think it is great that they are finally implementing multi core optimizations, but I
I believe you will need to upgrade to Windows 10 and DX12 to take advantage of that. The EFS issue is Windows 7 and\or DX11. I'm not sure I want to upgrade to Windows 10 just for the multi core optimizations.

When this rolls out I will probably make a dual boot Windows 7 and Windows 10 to confirm the differences. I wouldn't mind having both options (EFS in DX 11 and multi core optimizations in DX 12).
11/05/2018 06:10 AMPosted by Pikros
I think it is great that they are finally implementing multi core optimizations, but I
I believe you will need to upgrade to Windows 10 and DX12 to take advantage of that. The EFS issue is Windows 7 and\or DX11. I'm not sure I want to upgrade to Windows 10 just for the multi core optimizations.

When this rolls out I will probably make a dual boot Windows 7 and Windows 10 to confirm the differences. I wouldn't mind having both options (EFS in DX 11 and multi core optimizations in DX 12).

Yeah, there's still problems. It still doesn't fix a lot of the underlying problems that still remain or the fact that implementation of this feature itself still seems to be broken on MacOS.

What I don't understand is why they didn't leave EFS (since it broke so much more than just the FPS) while adding multicore support so that the game was playable while they brought the backend up to snuff. It smells of laziness with the PR line of "no plan to readd something which is essential for a large proportion of disabled subscribers as well". I'd pay to see who made the decision to get rid of it across all their games.
11/03/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Vashtanarada

I'd test it, but...yeah. Chicken and the egg there.
#BattleforFullScreen
#BattleForFullscreen!
Oh so maybe that’s what happened. I’m playing on Mac and I felt like my preformance dropped especially when running many things. Now I have to close everything off for it to feel similar.