ED compared to WRA

Emerald Dream
I'm primarily interested in raiding and roleplaying. How does ED compare to WRA in those regards? I know PVP is still prevalent, but what sort of experience would I have here if I never used Warmode?
WRA might be a better choice for you friend.

GL!
If you don't plan on using Warmode then WRA might be a better option.

Though we can't say for sure as who know's what happens come BFA.
Even most of our rp events will be in warmode, moon guard might be better for you.
07/25/2018 12:33 PMPosted by Synthera
I'm primarily interested in raiding and roleplaying. How does ED compare to WRA in those regards? I know PVP is still prevalent, but what sort of experience would I have here if I never used Warmode?

ED is all kinds of warmode...unless doing instances, and then it's right back to warmode...you might want to go to WRA.

They're friendlier there...yes, much friendlier compared to us.
ED is better if u like to pvp… the raiding and rp parts can probably be fulfilled fine on WRA... although due to the full PVE legion expansion our raiding on ED has boomed....
I don't think you'd find ED a good fit.
I'll just say that I've been playing on ED since Cata and I've been playing on WrA since the end of WoD. I'm slowly migrating all of my toons I plan to play in BfA back to ED.

WrA seems to have a lot of very easily offended type of players there and there's potential for tons of drama (and not the RP kind). The forums are a lot more argumentative and are usually a buzzkill for me, personally. And much of the community is vehemently against PVPers within their community/server and even voicing pretty inflammatory opinions about people who RP more masculine/aggressive races like orcs. Avoid the Discords as the busiest channels in many of them are the furry/futa/fat fetish weeb art sections. If that's your thing, go for it. Also, there are tons of niche RP guilds which means they have very few members and outside of events can only field 1-4 players at a time meaning you are gonna have to pug or LFD/LFR any kind of group content you want to do if you get stuck in one. Also I prefer active RP which ED has more of. By "active" I mean out in the world fighting things and PVP duels, etc. My experience on WrA is that most of the RP I got into was /roll duels and mostly text based RP while standing around static somewhere. I like action RP and RPPVP which is almost nonexistent on WrA (possibly with the exception of ED RPPVP guilds that recently xferred there).

ED has had it's past with zerg guilds and anti-RP guilds, but I find it's got a much more grounded, level headed, canon-friendly and drama free atmosphere (believe it or not!) than WrA.

But keep in mind this is just my personal experience from playing there through all of Legion. Others may have much better experiences.
07/26/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Loknal
ED is all kinds of warmode...unless doing instances, and then it's right back to warmode...you might want to go to WRA.

I want this to be true... but I wanted to experiment a bit, and decided to turn off warmode in my Gnome warlock... and omg Darkshore was literally filled with people. Had never seen it so full. Not kidding there were around 20 people doing a single world quest, actually finding target npc (wisps) was a real challenge with so many people O.O

Are we really just stuck in our forum bubble? D:
07/27/2018 02:13 AMPosted by Frinkles

Kind of a wacky realization that maybe we're not the majority some of us might think we are....

07/26/2018 09:33 PMPosted by Sivran
RP more masculine/aggressive races like orcs.

... I'm suddenly having Narator flashbacks.

And much of the community is vehemently against PVPers within their community/server

They sure have been down for Warmode for all that. And most of the threads I've seen discussing it have agreed that if you flag yourself for PvP in PvP areas, you don't really get the justification for crying if you get PvPed. Go figure.
[quote="207652876718"]

I want this to be true... but I wanted to experiment a bit, and decided to turn off warmode in my Gnome warlock... and omg Darkshore was literally filled with people. Had never seen it so full. Not kidding there were around 20 people doing a single world quest, actually finding target npc (wisps) was a real challenge with so many people O.O

It's a good reminder that there are alot of people on this server who are not RPers or PVPers. There's a pretty sizeable portion of players who are PvErs/Raiders and they probably find no reason to turn on War Mode - ever.

Having said that... if you want RP, you'll have to turn on War Mode.
I want this to be true... but I wanted to experiment a bit

I...uh...

Kind of a wacky realization that maybe we're not the majority some of us might think we are....

But we're...

07/27/2018 10:41 AMPosted by Nearo
It's a good reminder that there are alot of people on this server who are not RPers or PVPers. There's a pretty sizeable portion of players who are PvErs/Raiders and they probably find no reason to turn on War Mode - ever.

Well...Kodo droppings...I got nothing now.

Lok (tested Frinkl's theory out, and it stands...the hellbots ED?!?) Nal
I'll just say that I've been playing on ED since Cata and I've been playing on WrA since the end of WoD. I'm slowly migrating all of my toons I plan to play in BfA back to ED.

WrA seems to have a lot of very easily offended type of players there and there's potential for tons of drama (and not the RP kind). The forums are a lot more argumentative and are usually a buzzkill for me, personally. And much of the community is vehemently against PVPers within their community/server and even voicing pretty inflammatory opinions about people who RP more masculine/aggressive races like orcs. Avoid the Discords as the busiest channels in many of them are the furry/futa/fat fetish weeb art sections. If that's your thing, go for it. Also, there are tons of niche RP guilds which means they have very few members and outside of events can only field 1-4 players at a time meaning you are gonna have to pug or LFD/LFR any kind of group content you want to do if you get stuck in one. Also I prefer active RP which ED has more of. By "active" I mean out in the world fighting things and PVP duels, etc. My experience on WrA is that most of the RP I got into was /roll duels and mostly text based RP while standing around static somewhere. I like action RP and RPPVP which is almost nonexistent on WrA (possibly with the exception of ED RPPVP guilds that recently xferred there).

ED has had it's past with zerg guilds and anti-RP guilds, but I find it's got a much more grounded, level headed, canon-friendly and drama free atmosphere (believe it or not!) than WrA.

But keep in mind this is just my personal experience from playing there through all of Legion. Others may have much better experiences.

Sounds very similar to a certain political group. Sjw scum!
07/26/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Loknal

Questing without warmode on is nice and relaxing, I don't have to worry about which legendaries or talents need to be swapped to deal with gankers. I think there are quite a few of us who are making use of it.

tfw someone is calling Emerald Drama LESS drama-filled than another server.

And I'm not disagreeing... at all.

WrA seems to have a lot of very easily offended type of players there and there's potential for tons of drama (and not the RP kind).

This. This right here is why I completely abandoned regular RP servers in favor of ED some time ago. I got SICK of this crap, ED is a really good fit for the opposing mentality.

OP sounds more at home on WrA perhaps though-- unless the things mentioned above also peeve them and they're open-minded toward Warmode possibly.

07/30/2018 03:43 PMPosted by Tolvashoc
I don't have to worry about which legendaries or talents need to be swapped to deal with gankers.

Well I mean legendaries are dying in a fire at 116. Thank christ.
tfw someone is calling Emerald Drama LESS drama-filled than another server.

And I'm not disagreeing... at all.

This shocks me, but the drama isn't as big as it was a year ago, lol.
People turn off warmode intentionally? Sounds like there are a lot of people who have been on the wrong server for awhile.

Although I already knew this, because only a few Alliance ever fight back against the Horde, out in the world and in cities. Even when World Defense actually worked, it was always the same handful of people doing the fighting.
I think warmode will be much better with more people once we have more than 1 active zone...