Warmode Assassin upgrade criteria ?

War Mode and World PvP
According to the "Soldier of the Horde" buff you have to get 10 kills without dying to upgrade to an Assassin for a 15% damage & healing buff. Then if you continue killing people you get a bounty on you.

Is there a time limit ? Do i need to get the 10 kills in a set time frame ?
Do I need to get the killing blows or just help kill them ?
Do environment kills count (knockback & dismount falling damage or npc stealing the killing blow) ?
Does the counter reset on changing zones ?

Doing Darkshore Warmode Pvp, died twice early on then went on to kill 25-30 people before finally dying but never upgraded to an assassin.

During this time 3 Alliance bounties were announced and killed so the system is obviously working just wondering what the specifics of it are.
I got Assassin last night, and killed (maybe?) 10 more Alliance without getting the bounty buff. Just logged in, killed maybe 5 more Alliance. After fighting I was flying and randomly received the bounty buff. It knocked me off the mount and the fall dropped me below 50% health. Within 10 seconds I had a small army pounding away at me.

I'm reserving judgement on the whole system for now, but it's pretty dumb you get knocked off your mount. It would be nice if you didn't receive the buff until your feet were on the ground.
07/26/2018 06:40 AMPosted by Anser
I got Assassin last night, and killed (maybe?) 10 more Alliance without getting the bounty buff. Just logged in, killed maybe 5 more Alliance. After fighting I was flying and randomly received the bounty buff. It knocked me off the mount and the fall dropped me below 50% health. Within 10 seconds I had a small army pounding away at me.

I'm reserving judgement on the whole system for now, but it's pretty dumb you get knocked off your mount. It would be nice if you didn't receive the buff until your feet were on the ground.

Were those killing blows? I'm still not sure how the bounty is applied.
07/26/2018 08:17 AMPosted by Baelnor
Were those killing blows? I'm still not sure how the bounty is applied.

Couldn't tell you at this point. The last 5 or so, yes, since I was just out solo'ing.
I got Assassin relatively easy, I think you just have to tag someone to get credit. If they die and you get a the HK honor but didn't physically damage them, you don't get credit for the buff.
Once you have the 'Assassin' buff, the zone will periodically choose an assassin who has a high kill-streak to place a bounty upon.
what about getting the actual assassin buff though ?

After killing around 30 people without dying I didn't see any changes, was still just soldier of the horde.

It was over an extended period of time. There was a full alliance raid roaming the area and I was basically picking off the stragglers / questing people.

Kills were in a variety of ways awarding anywhere from 10-40 honor for the kill.

Normal kills - some solo kills where I 100% got the killing blow, some with help from others.
Dismount kills - some tagged before death, others not, does the net count as tagging them?
Bursting Shot people off trees and them dying to fall damage
07/26/2018 07:17 PMPosted by Phalanx
Once you have the 'Assassin' buff, the zone will periodically choose an assassin who has a high kill-streak to place a bounty upon.

He means the actual assassin buff is not working, not the bounty. I had the same issue last night. Spent over an hour killing alliance players without dying and never got upgraded from "Soldier of the Horde" to "Assassin". It was working for other players in my party but not me.
07/27/2018 12:38 AMPosted by Zetsù

He means the actual assassin buff is not working, not the bounty. I had the same issue last night. Spent over an hour killing alliance players without dying and never got upgraded from "Soldier of the Horde" to "Assassin". It was working for other players in my party but not me.

Same issue here as well, over 35 kills (accounted for by checking in combat log to make 100% sure that I received the killing blow) and was never promoted. I was very very thorough in my counting and am positive without question that i got over 10 kills lol
08/06/2018 03:20 AMPosted by Kyliexo

Same issue here as well, over 35 kills (accounted for by checking in combat log to make 100% sure that I received the killing blow) and was never promoted. I was very very thorough in my counting and am positive without question that i got over 10 kills lol

retweet
The bounty needs to last a time limit. Currently everyone that gets a bounty just immediately logs off to remove it.

Could just be because you can't fly with the bounty but I think there needs to be better rewards for surviving fights while you have a bounty, whether from escapes or killing the people that that attempted to collect your bounty.
Im noticing a distinct lack of actually answering the question...
s

08/06/2018 03:20 AMPosted by Kyliexo

same problem ! what I have to do !??

I killed more than 40 horde still no assassin buff ! what to do !?
Ah, thank goodness. Yet another issue I thought I was the only one having.

I've killed well over 10 Horde without dying at this point and I've yet to see the buff at all. At first, I thought my count was off, so I ran around and killed a few more until I was absolutely sure that even if my count were off, I still had at least 10 kills. Still no buff. :(
I'm having the same issue, lots of horde kills no assassin buff, no assassin on the map. What gives bliz?
Ya, iv gone 15+ kills without seeing any buff. Let alone even getting the assassin buff.
I spent all day yesterday killing any questing horde / stragglers. I spent 20-25 solo kills without dying in each zone, and when I eventually finally did die or get bored I would go to the next zone (voldun, nazmir, zandalar). I took a break logged off, came back and resumed definitely getting 15+ horde kills in voldun before I got fed up and just gave up on the buff. Very disappointed! I literally farmed and camped and harassed every horde i saw for nothing, and believe me they were more pissed off than I was towards the end! And to specify, I didn’t get any kind of buff or debuff
My friend and I were killing horde on Zandalar yesterday (for the alliance!), and both got the assassin buff & quest for the title. We had both killed the same hordies together, but I got my assassin buff well before he did...not sure if it's killing blows that it goes off of as to who get it and when? We didn't keep good track of how many other players we killed, but when the quest popped up we could easily keep track (you have to kill 10 to complete the quest and it tracks it for you).
I tried looking up more info, but all I get is guides on how to play assassin rogue...lol
If anyone can figure out the criteria of how many players of the opposite faction you have to kill, and if you have to get the killing blow or just tag them to get the assassin buff, please let us know!

Also, blizz- warmode has been SO MUCH FUN! THANK YOU ^.^
This expansion rocks my socks
Everyone with issues getting the buff, are you solo when you're killing people, or are you in a raid?

On my rogue, I'm assassin right this second after just over 10 kills; but I've been solo the whole time. I've had others killing with me, but we never grouped up.

Could be the issue?