Is Sylvanas Possessed?

General Discussion
Arthas gets the last laugh.
Sylvanas is possessed by the ghost of Mister Bigglesworth.
"Sylvanas Windrunner eventually visited the Frozen Throne to confirm for herself that Arthas was dead. Upon discovering that Bolvar was now the new Lich King, she became enraged, as she feared this "puppet king" might one day use his new, inexhaustable power to twist the world to his own ends. She slammed her fist into the frozen casket around Bolvar, feeling this a defeat more than a victory. A crack began to form from her attack"
07/31/2018 06:39 PMPosted by Wenck
The Old Gods have control of Sylvanas.

So Blizzard I have just given you an out for this disastrous day.

Nope, undead resist the void, and vice versa. If that was the case, the voices in Alleria's head wouldn't have been screaming for her to kill Sylvanas to save herself and the world. You know someone is bad when even the void thinks they're evil and was right.
07/31/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Vykuu

Except the whole quest after the wrath gate where we killed varm was basically like "I didn't order anyone to use blight on our own soldiers."

*BfA spoiler* That argument is slightly undercut at the upcoming Siege of Lordaeron where she does exactly that and isn't bothered by it in the slightest.

It's also fine if she's evil, but when her mission is to kill Malfurion and she could have easily done so... what?

I could deal with one instance of dumb Saterday morning cartoon plot armour nonsense, but when she doesn't kill Malfurion, then Saurfang doesn't kill him, then Tyrande doesn't kill Saurfang it's just tedious and toothless writting.
It's also fine if she's evil, but when her mission is to kill Malfurion and she could have easily done so... what?

I could deal with one instance of dumb Saterday morning cartoon plot armour nonsense, but when she doesn't kill Malfurion, then Saurfang doesn't kill him, then Tyrande doesn't kill Saurfang it's just tedious and toothless writting.

I disagree. Sylvanas is showing her contempt for her beaten opponent by turning her back on him and leaving him to an underling. (As supreme commander, she also probably had stuff to do, like lead the rest of the attack) She had every reason to believe that, after giving the order to "take his head" and leaving, that Saurfang and the PC Champion were more than capable of beheading a badly wounded Malfurion.

Saurfang has got his "Noble Warrior Race Guy" thing going on as his excuse. I think that was just an excuse--I think both Saurfang and Tyrande recognized that there will be cooler, wiser heads needed on both sides when the dust settles and the raging warmongers are no longer running things. There's such a thing as winning the war and losing the peace.... (Also, Tyrande's odds against both Saurfang and a champion who brought down the great demon lords aren't good).
07/31/2018 08:37 PMPosted by Lumonous
07/31/2018 06:55 PMPosted by Tiridan
I got an idea.

Think about this, on the Broken Shore Sylvanas was a great leader, one we trusted and had high hopes for.

Then in Stormheim that idea started going downhill.

Now she’s like this.

What happened in between the Broken Shore And Stormheim?

Artifacts. And guess who finally showed his face after 8 years? (at that time)

Bolvar. He woke up.

It’s not going to be the Old Gods. It’s the Lich King’s Grasp taking hold of its champion once again.

During the DK class hall campaign they state that they are not under the command of the LK anymore. Seems like he doesn't have a grasp on them/her.
Do you really take everything the Lich King says at face value?

Do you take what Sylvanas says as entirely the truth?
Sylvanas seems possessed. Sylvanas has always been a bit off but using the blight to kill her own people is a bit much even for her. Old God? LicH King?
The old gods are manipulating her and Anduin into fighting for them against each other as they did during the times of the black empire when the old gods warred each other
Yes; she's possessed by bad writing.

She's always been evil, of course. It's why I enjoyed her character. The fact that she was the evil-personified part of the Horde was interesting. It gave the Horde plausible deniability.

But Blizz should never have made her Warchief. The plausible deniability is gone and you can only give honor lip service while you're following someone like Sylvie.

Except the whole quest after the wrath gate where we killed varm was basically like "I didn't order anyone to use blight on our own soldiers."

*BfA spoiler* That argument is slightly undercut at the upcoming Siege of Lordaeron where she does exactly that and isn't bothered by it in the slightest.

think about it from a pragmatic point of view.
The horde would have has losses anyways, most likely significantly greater losses than what the blight did.
TBH if not for Elsa the alliance would have been routed, the city defended, a lot of troops saved from death on the battle field and a significant blow to the alliance armies.
07/31/2018 06:48 PMPosted by Sladewolf
After MoP in the book warcrimes attempted to assassinate garrosh before his trial.

Are we really going to hold this one against her? I mean she was doing what literally everyone else wanted to do.....
it's not the old gods, it's bolvar

lol yeah no one ever thought of that before. Also she is dead and cannot be possessed by the old gods. that is one reason people are speculating the loa chose her.
You guys are forgetting the big baddie of the xpac, Azshara whos number one power is getting people to do things for her. Its not the old gods its the most powerful mage on the planet weakening both side so she can swoop in and take control. The writing is so obvious its stupid.
If you pay attention to the conspiracy theorists who may or may not exist.

Everyone is a dreadlord, and we're all in a fevered nightmare brought on when the legion defeated us and put us in pods to harvest our negative emotions.

undead are immune, or at least very resistant, to old gods' influence.
The Void spans the universe, and has planet-sized, world-eating tentacle-monsters among its forces; not being able to control Sylvanas doesn't mean much when they can just physically destroy her along with the rest of Azeroth, if they see fit.

The whole "Void is afraid of Sylvanas" thing is going to last about as long as the quickly-aborted "Illidan is the chosen one" storyline, largely because it makes just as little sense.
I think what's going to happen is this: baine is going to reach his boiling point, after garrosh and now sylvanus, he's gong to meet with anduin and hatch a plan to team up his braves and other honorable horde aka players, and together with saurfang take on sylvanus. So the raid group will queue with half horde and half alliance.
Haha! This could very well be the case, especially when Zul's chatting with Nathanos in the cinematic and he comments on Sylvanas being "certain and in control" with an odd emphasis on "in control".