Pubg-style Loot Crates in Darkshore

General Discussion
Warmode required: Every 20 minutes a plane flies south from Lor'Danil northern beach towards the Maw and drops a Pubg-style loot crate. The first faction to tag it gets to loot it. It persists for a minute. Had the pleasure of joining a 40 man Alliance raid this evening on Proudmoore that stomped the Horde throughout the zone, then proceeded to camp that beach and every 20 minutes follow the plane as it headed south and swarmed the chest. Looted it probably 18 times over 6 hours before I logged. Replaced all my artifacts this way (My armory hasn't updated yet). Baseline for the gear is 210 and saw pieces titanforge as high as 265. It has the same loot table as the WQ and drops everything but neck, rings, trinkets.

Now this is nice and all and I will use this as a tool to get all my alts to at least 210, but this can't be what Blizzard had in mind when they released this? I mean if it is then thank you Blizzard for the amazing catch up mechanic. We went from people complaining about Welfare epics in the Burning Crusade to Mythic quality loot literally dropping from the sky.

PS: The net-o-matic you can buy in Dal for 25 marks of honor is AMAZING for farming unsuspecting Horde while camping this too. Great fun!
Thanks for the info. Cant wait to check it out
Remove the airdrop from WoW. This isn't pubg, and for good reason.
Pubg. If i wanted to get killed by something i couldn't see i would just remove the batteries from my carbon monoxide detector.
07/26/2018 11:46 PMPosted by Maurell
Warmode required: Every 20 minutes a plane flies south from Lor'Danil northern beach towards the Maw and drops a Pubg-style loot crate.

Except, pubg didn't invent that style of loot drops. I remember CoD having airdropped perks years before pubg's predecessor was a thing.
titanforge as high as 265

Can anyone confirm this or was it a typo? I've only seen 225 titanforging myself. 265 seems crazy.
07/29/2018 07:14 AMPosted by Cortech
titanforge as high as 265

Can anyone confirm this or was it a typo? I've only seen 225 titanforging myself. 265 seems crazy.

The chest I have on now is 250 and from WQ out there. They go at least that high lol.

These are still not interesting enough for me to want to turn on gank mode.
07/29/2018 07:10 AMPosted by Doomclan
Warmode required: Every 20 minutes a plane flies south from Lor'Danil northern beach towards the Maw and drops a Pubg-style loot crate.

Except, pubg didn't invent that style of loot drops. I remember CoD having airdropped perks years before pubg's predecessor was a thing.

I don't think it's a coincidence that they put in a skydiving BG and air-dropped crates while skydiving shooter games with air-dropped crates happen to be popular.

Not saying you are wrong but the current popular games like PUBG are the ones being mimicked here.
Legion WF/TF rules are still in effect.
I think it’s awesome, it seems that PvP took a turn for the better in this expansion. Now for those into most PvE content I can understand frustration. But I feel the game has a better balance of happiness from both sides of the spectrum in comparison to legion in my opinion and a lot more people are getting involved. Especially friend making, I find myself making more friends because there are more reasons to be out in the world
It's fun. The bounty is annoying since you feel like the unlucky soul to get caught with it but oh well, take one for the team.
Now for those into most PvE content I can understand frustration. B

Yeah we get 4 wq a day and thats it. You get gear showered on you every 20 minutes.

Why on EARTH would I have a problem with this.....
07/29/2018 05:29 PMPosted by Aehl

Yeah we get 4 wq a day and thats it. You get gear showered on you every 20 minutes.

You could always, you know, turn War Mode on. It isn't like you're being denied the option.
It isn't a case of just turning on Warmode. You need to turn it on and then join a faction inbalanced group. That way you get the PvE whilst PvP pinyata affect.
Get ready for this to hit kotaku and forbes with "Blizzard scandal over banned in EU Lootcrates hits Darkshore, horde only reward causes uproar on forums as Alliance players get the shaft, Blizzard going the way of EA?"
07/29/2018 05:29 PMPosted by Aehl

because PVPers got the short end of the stick for the entire expansion in terms of ilevel.

go pound sand
It's not bad - in fact it's deeply appreciated, but the fact that it's faction-neutral until someone claims it is a bit jarring.

I mean, what's the lore justification? Steamwheedle Cartel doing war profiteering or something?
Loot crates from the sky is awesome! I liked PVP back in BC. This new War Mode is nice. I have the option to pvp or stay pve. ty Blizz
World of Warcraft: Battlegrounds 2: Adventure 2 Battle (also starring Dante from the Devil May Cry series!)
Ok,I joined a group,we flew around,if 1 of us landed,we got 20 horde on us,the plane came,horde had 40 people there,we flew away,hung out in the air,I got really bored and left.Is this it? Plus running back and forth to SW is a pain.