My short lived adventure as a DH

Demon Hunter
I started a Demon Hunter to try it out. The story was pretty good and I was enjoying it, until I got to Bastillax. No matter what I do, I don't even come close to killing him before I die. I have tried 6 or 7 times and now all my armor is broke and I die in a few seconds.

So there you have it. I was a demon hunter for about 40 minutes and that's the end of that journey. Cool.
It's overturned right now. Don't give up on the class.
That's a pretty sad story.
Yeah, I can't get past Beliash on my new Demon Hunter, and not for lack of trying. This pre-patch is a bad joke.
this is funny to me.
Funny that it hasn't been reported yet.
07/27/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Skyllâa

To be fair, not a lot of people are rolling demon hunters anymore. The class fell out of favor pretty hard. I suppose it makes sense few would realize there was something wrong with the starting experience.
Beliash, ride in behind him on the left straight to the gem, click it, after that just dps him middish, Avoid the other tower/beams until they are out away from the gem, once Beliash starts to cast, fel rush over click the gem, finish killing. The biggest thing is don't fight it with both sets of beams running, avoid beam dmg as much as possible.

Bastillax, if your Havoc the fight is pretty rude. You 99 trait Demonic Appetite makes a big difference but your still going to die a few times, if you didn't get it, you going to die more. Main thing i found was just making sure to avoid standing in front of him during Fel Annihilation, biggest boom is to the front, interrupt one strafe to his back for rest. The adds are insult to injury, you can't kill him or them fast enough to make a difference in you dieing. I found it easier just to ignore them to make sure you don't miss any Fel Annh dodge/interrupts.
His Crushing Shadows ability you can't dodge, I never could interrupt it solo, and it almost always causes you to die from low health once its over to adds/Bast.

I made a new toon to test it and I have to say that whole event from 98 up is just a pee stain compared to what it used to be. DB is so weak it's essentially just a GCD auto attack, your dps only comes from CS, EB is a joke aoe wise its dmg is so low, anything over 2 and your going to die as a whole, self heals stripped etc the whole thing atm is just a long miserable abusive time sink for someone new, apparently as intended.
07/28/2018 11:29 AMPosted by Badsin
Beliash, ride in behind him on the left straight to the gem, click it, after that just dps him middish, Avoid the other tower/beams until they are out away from the gem, once Beliash starts to cast, fel rush over click the gem, finish killing. The biggest thing is don't fight it with both sets of beams running, avoid beam dmg as much as possible.

Bastillax, if your Havoc the fight is pretty rude. You 99 trait Demonic Appetite makes a big difference but your still going to die a few times, if you didn't get it, you going to die more. Main thing i found was just making sure to avoid standing in front of him during Fel Annihilation, biggest boom is to the front, interrupt one strafe to his back for rest. The adds are insult to injury, you can't kill him or them fast enough to make a difference in you dieing. I found it easier just to ignore them to make sure you don't miss any Fel Annh dodge/interrupts.
His Crushing Shadows ability you can't dodge, I never could interrupt it solo, and it almost always causes you to die from low health once its over to adds/Bast.

I made a new toon to test it and I have to say that whole event from 98 up is just a pee stain compared to what it used to be. DB is so weak it's essentially just a GCD auto attack, your dps only comes from CS, EB is a joke aoe wise its dmg is so low, anything over 2 and your going to die as a whole, self heals stripped etc the whole thing atm is just a long miserable abusive time sink for someone new, apparently as intended.

I just recently made a DH, only lvl 101, thus far leveling i disagree with most everything u have said
What? I just did it yesterday and it seemed fine. Try switching to tank maybe
07/28/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Nyntara

Just did it today as Havoc and it was fine. Even if you die to not dodging his green crap, he still is fighting the npc at the same health you left off so you can release and jump right back in to fight...
07/28/2018 09:18 PMPosted by Sylvie
07/28/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Nyntara

Just did it today as Havoc and it was fine. Even if you die to not dodging his green crap, he still is fighting the npc at the same health you left off so you can release and jump right back in to fight...

Apparently the NPC no longer appears during the Beliash fight. At least I never saw one.

How can you change specs? There doesn't seem to be a place to do that before Beliash. But I'd be happy with a Provisioner with Jace, could at least repair equipment after I die too much.
Can you use the Travellers Tundra Mammoth to repair your gear?
(Assuming of course that you have the mount).
why did you revive a thread from July... anyways you need to do mechanics or you won't have a good time.
07/27/2018 07:24 PMPosted by Stereoninja
07/27/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Skyllâa

To be fair, not a lot of people are rolling demon hunters anymore. The class fell out of favor pretty hard. I suppose it makes sense few would realize there was something wrong with the starting experience.

Lol your so wrong...there all over, you have to play the game tho to know.
10/06/2018 04:55 AMPosted by Sloppytoots
07/27/2018 07:24 PMPosted by Stereoninja

Lol your so wrong...there all over, you have to play the game tho to know.

Imagine that, things are different now than they were 2 months ago.
Don’t necro threads