Both factions have already lost this war.

Wyrmrest Accord
Because Malfurion lives to ruin yet another expansion with his insufferable presence.

Damn you, you plot-armored, Tyrande hushing bastard! I thought we were finally rid of you, but Saurfang had to be all like "oh nooo, muh honor".
This is the first time I disliked Saurfang.

Honestly, I don't even mind Malfurion that much. I think Varian did more damage to the Night Elves' story presence than Malfurion.
08/01/2018 11:26 AMPosted by Raynell
Damn you, you plot-armored, Tyrande hushing bastard!

I want Tyrande to say "Hush, Malfurion. This is war, let the warriors do the speaking.".
We had one job.

And that antlered knife eared ponce still lives because Saurfang chose THIS time to have his conscious kick in.
If only he were there to hush that random dying elf before she hurt Sylvanas' feelings. Maybe Teldrassil wouldn't be on fire now.
Well, with Thrall on the outs, Malfurion is the last Big Strapping Man who was a significant presence back in WC3. And we can talk all we want about Metzen being gone, but Ion was also a big force behind Warlords of Draenor and thinks Grom was the hero of it. The man runs on nostalgia and doesn't know how stories work.

Tyrande will die before Malfurion does. It enrages me to contemplate, but it's true.
08/01/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Azhaar
Tyrande will die before Malfurion does. It enrages me to contemplate, but it's true.

???????????
Eh, I personally really like Malfurion. Just wish the writers would stop dancing around and let him do !@#$ for a change. Standing in one place while channeling a bunch of wisps doesn't cut it for me.
There will be no major Alliance characters that die this expansion, if they didn't die during the burning of Teldrassil, chances are they aren't going to die period. The biggest loss they suffered was Varian. Granted, that was a big one, lets count the Horde... Caine, written off in a book. Garrosh a freaking RAID boss, Voljin with a pathetic death to random demon with a big pointy stick. Thrall... MIA, Nazgrim who I quested with for as long as I can remember, another raid boss. So yeah they lost Varian, at least he died a ridiculously awesome death before being disenchanted.
08/01/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Azhaar
Well, with Thrall on the outs, Malfurion is the last Big Strapping Man who was a significant presence back in WC3. And we can talk all we want about Metzen being gone, but Ion was also a big force behind Warlords of Draenor and thinks Grom was the hero of it. The man runs on nostalgia and doesn't know how stories work.

Can they die at the same time, and soon, please ?
08/01/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Mazrim
The biggest loss they suffered was Varian.

Bolvar was at least on the level of Cairne, to many Alliance players. But, yes, Alliance has had far fewer losses of significance than the Horde. It doesn't help that the Horde leaders keep passing the Idiot Ball along the line of warchiefs, really.
08/01/2018 12:31 PMPosted by Itarater
08/01/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Mazrim
The biggest loss they suffered was Varian.

Bolvar was at least on the level of Cairne, to many Alliance players. But, yes, Alliance has had far fewer losses of significance than the Horde. It doesn't help that the Horde leaders keep passing the Idiot Ball along the line of warchiefs, really.

It doesn't help that the writers at Blizzard make it that way. They didn't have to give it to Sylvannas, and if they did, they could have made her behave more responsibly consider Voljin spoke of some voodoo loa crap about her being what the Horde needed. Instead the writers over at Blizz HQ continues to take a dump on the major Horde lore characters.
Listen.

If this grievous wound keeps Malfurion out of the rest of the expansion, then this war was entirely necessary.
08/01/2018 12:34 PMPosted by Enekie
Listen.

If this grievous wound keeps Malfurion out of the rest of the expansion, then this war was entirely necessary.

Enekie with the hard truths.
08/01/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Enrîk
Eh, I personally really like Malfurion. Just wish the writers would stop dancing around and let him do !@#$ for a change. Standing in one place while channeling a bunch of wisps doesn't cut it for me.

His main issue is that he's far more interesting in content that isn't the actual game. Cenarius suffers from this, too.

Malfurion can earn my hatred when I have to do an entire dungeon chain and raid devoted to weakening a raid boss so he can kill it and be the chosen one.
it's simple, we kill the Bird Man
08/01/2018 12:33 PMPosted by Mazrim
It doesn't help that the writers at Blizzard make it that way. They didn't have to give it to Sylvannas, and if they did, they could have made her behave more responsibly consider Voljin spoke of some voodoo loa crap about her being what the Horde needed. Instead the writers over at Blizz HQ continues to take a dump on the major Horde lore characters.

New theory: Actually the Loa are accelerationists.
It's not like the master of the forest couldn't hear the Orc in full plate armor coming.

This is all a charade to throw people off the truth that Malfurion is a sith lord
You had one job to take out the chicken-elf Horde and you blew it,shame.

For serious though, if Malfurion acts like he did in the novel with Saurfang I won't mind him that much. But if it's another Valsharah esque tale please let us mail him to you.
Malfurion is awesome, really don't get the hate for him....